“The secluded paradise”

Xuma's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #22 of 50 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

What an amazing service, they will pamper you, they will accommodate you and the. The succulent dishes all made with love and gratitude, the views are spectacular and the people are AMAZING... this is the real Exuma experience

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Well, you have no choice. It's the only resturant on the island. But it's great. Service is perfect, the view is superb and the food was the best of our trip through the chain.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

My husband and I and friends spent 3 days at the marina. Highbourne is definetly more upscale thenthe on Cays we have traveled. The beach is beautiful, and the bar/ bartenders are great.
We had dinner there both nights. Everyone but one ordered the fresh fish, which was excellent. The grilled pizza for lunch was also very good., and the views are amazing.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Highborne Cay is very upscale and we wondered if dinner would be worth it. It was! Nice covered outdoor setting and excellent service. We shared a spectacular beet salad and both had wonderful entrees. My husband had mahi and I had a sea bass special. I highly recommend Xuma and Highbourne Cay.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Traveling to the Out Islands of the Bahamas does not equate to an abundance of dining options. Most islands offer some simple yet sufficient options that can please most guests. One thing is clear though: if you are anywhere remotely close to Highbourne Cay, get over to Xuma and Chef Devan. You will not be disappointed! In this most beautiful setting, you will sample the best culinary experience in the Bahamas!

For my husband and I, every trip to Highbourne results in at least one visit to Xuma. After so many times spent complimenting Chef and the staff on our great experiences, I just had to write my own review. Of course, Xuma specializes in seafood delicacies, but above that, they offer a full range of selections sure to please every guest. We have taken our own fresh catch early to the restaurant, requesting Chef Devan prepare something special. We have never been disappointed. Upon being presented with our fresh catch of tuna a few years ago, Chef said he was wanting to create something reminiscent of beef wellington. The resulting meal was one of the best we have ever enjoyed!

For our most recent visit, the restaurant was expectedly fully booked with dinner reservations. Regardless, we sat at the bar to enjoy dinner, as missing out on Chef Devan's talents was not an option. We ordered off the menu, receiving the most delicious conch chowder we have sampled in all of the Bahamas. We ordered the lobster ravioli, which arrived full of massive, succulent pieces of lobster. The risotto was another pleaser and is always spot on.

The atmosphere is also wonderful. The sunsets are spectacular from any area in the restaurant. I highly recommend visiting Xuma for a special occasion or just for a nice addition to your visit to Highbourne. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Katie G