“Great meal!”

Eddie's Edgewater Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Cuisines: Bahamian
Description: Not truly Bahamian but I didn't know how to list it. They have BBQ, burgers, seafood, sandwiches, chicken etc. Excellent food with very large portions and a moderate price.. The staff is wonderful and extremely friendly. It's a great place to chat with locals and have a cold beer after dinner.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Fast, friendly service! Good food! Traditional Bahamian food. Loved the beets and plantains! Clean clean dining room and restrooms, too! Rake and Scrape band Mondays!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I walked in to Eddies and there were a few people standing around the end of the bar. I quickly found out they were all waiting for takeout food. The owner came out of the kitchen and greeted me like an old friend which was very nice. She said she had to get a couple of orders out and asked if I could wait a minute or two to get my order. I sat down at the bar and watched the basketball game for a few minutes before she came back and took my order. Wow, I ordered Bahamian fried fish, shrimp fried rice and two sides (I got corn on the cob and a green salad for 15.05. Credit cards can be used also. The food was delicious, and was cooked Bahamian style, meaning it was the whole fish that I got, head and tail. Not overcooked at all. Anytime I am in George Town I will go back to Eddie's for at least one meal, FOR SURE!

2  Thank barryjb
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We’ve been here twice and both times were very good. The service is a bit slow, but that’s normal for the islands. Prices are great for a touristy area. The bill was $90 for a party of 4 - all drinking beer. It’s good to note that they serve the fish whole.

The only reason I rated this 4 and not 5 is because we were served baraccuda instead of snapper, which is false advertising. We are full time cruisers who fish every day, so we know our fish. It definitely was baraccuda, which we do eat (small ones from the mangroves only. It was quite a tasty dish regardless.

1  Thank nikiwith1k
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Went here for lunch. This was our most reasonable lunch on this trip. We had roasted snapper, baked chicken, ribs, and conch burger. Just a note: the snapper came out as a whole fish- with eyes, skin, etc. The burger is cracked conch, not ground. The dishes come with three sides. Our total was about $70 with soft drinks.

1  Thank caylismom
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

This place is hoppin! Went on a Monday night for the live music, a local Rake N Scrape band and the place was packed and FUN!!! We met the owner June the day before and she remembered us and said something to us, super sweet lady! I got the Red Snapper...I was a little surprised when it came out with the head and all but it was worth picking through it because the flavor was fantastic! Hubby got the chicken alfredo and it was also delish! Robert, June’s husband at the bar serving up drinks, makes your drinks good and strong! It’s the place to go for fun entertainment

1  Thank abbyyeater07