This was our 9th Sandals Stay, Although we liked the property there are issues. We did not arrive until 7:00 due to a Delta issue. We were taken to a great room. After the Concierge left we noticed there was no ice bucket. After numerous calls to Club Sandals and the front desk we gave up on the ice bucket. The next day we had two.
The room bar service was never stocked as we asked. We had to get Champagne, glasses and juice from Club Sandals. We also never got spoons or stirrers to stir drinks with. Our regular housekeeper was not there on Thursday and we only had one clean towel in spite of the fact that we would hang them up for a second use. After about an hour we had several towels.
I don't mind getting up to get a place on the beach without a Butler but I found it disappointing to those who did not get seat. The last day we were there there were 6 seats reserved by Butlers to people who never came.
Food was disappointing, I was served cold scallops at the French Restaurant, They were redone but not the same. Japaneses was not entertaining at all. We had the Bahamian Chef. We noticed other tables having a lot more fun. The Drunken Duck had a very loud party in there the night we dined and service was very slow. Lunch was good at Barefoot and the Fresh Bread everyday was wonderful. The White Night Chocolate Party was good. Breakfast was good and even had grits. Toaster was very slow and kept people waiting. The Italian was the best.
Now for the GREAT! The staff that definitely needs mentioning are: Crystal- our housekeeper. She was not only my housekeeper but became my friend! We met grounds keeper Uncle Sam the first day and what a delight. Pool bar greats were Aaron, Terrance (try a Little Boat) Michele, Kwame and a very up and coming young man by the name of Irvington. He was training a delight to be around. HIs specialty is the BAM -very good - just don't have too many. We were int he Piano Bar one night and I mentioned his name and the Bartender laughed and called him the "fat kid". That is totally unacceptable to me. That is called Bullying and should be addressed.
Would I return? No dated property and the issues above. The management was good but issues need to be addressed.
Until next time Sandals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas