4,530 results
All reviews drunken duck french restaurant butler service quiet pool main pool il cielo piano bar the pub la parisienne emerald bay cafe de paris butler suite red lane spa island routes swim up bar jeremy mutton ocean safari
Reviewed 16 December 2017

"Hats Off" Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma Bahamas! Without any exaggeration and being loyal club elite sandals members, We've had one of the most incredible and unbelievable vacation of our lives here in Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma Bahamas!An Epic wedding anniversary celebration masterfully prepared by our extraordinary yet very humble butlers: FLOYD&ROY!
Our two butlers exceeded our expectations by going above and beyond the call of duty! Very personal yet extreme professional, very discreet never intrusive!FLOYD&ROY Possess a sophisticated knowledge of Butler Elite services and Hospitality techniques and have a bright and shinny personality ! Since day one till our departure they exhibit : a. integrity by always interacting with us as guests ethically and honourably ! b. Respect by empathising and fully considering our diverse needs ! They are fully committed to achieving the highest level of service for us and use their insight and high level of knowledge to proactively respond to us as guests and making sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently! Well mannered, educated and an impeccable hospitality with an unbeatable Butler Elite service with a personal yet professional touch! They are both have a bright future within the hospitality industry and we recommend them without any hesitation.
Sandals Emerald Bay , Great Exuma Bahamas together with the Bahamas island is a small piece of Heaven on Earth ! An ideal destination for couples who seek a very peaceful, quality and precious
vacation days! Beaches of breathless beauty, an aristocratic grace , ease and simplicity! A bespoke hospitality experience whose memories will last for ever! Legendary chefs and Sous-chefs creating masterpieces and food that is poetry!
Stunning resort's surroundings : landscaping ,lavish gardens, fountains, private pools, state of art gym and an aristocratic, impressive yet simple architecture !
Here we would like to take a moment and Special Thank you wholeheartedly the following ( and also all of the staff including managers and employees in every department and those whose names can't recall by heart):
1.General Manager Sir. Jeremy Mutton who was present at the airport upon arrival to welcome and greet and shake our hands! What an honour! An extraordinary man, the mastermind behind the organization and execution of the highest level of hospitality service beyond and above 5* luxury and quality !
2. Hotel Manager for managing extremely successfully daily operations
3. Loyalty club Manager Lavern Taylor , Director of Operations and Director of Accommodations for their outstanding performance. Especially Lavern for her exceptional service and upgrade to the prime minister villa beach house ! Lavern is extremely polite , kind and a hard nose professional who gets the job done!
4. Head Butler Sir. Damion Lewis
5. Front desk management and staff
6. Maintenance,landscaping , housekeeping and room service
7.All of the staff in restaurants , Drunken duck pub , pools and café de Paris !
8. Latonia at Bahama bay
9. Randi at Barefoot
10.Sameko at La Parizienne
11. Herold Stock in room Manager
12. Uncle Sam Landscaping
13. Janeen at Café De Paris
14. Angeliqua Housekeeping
Thank you Sandals Emerald Bay , Great Exuma , Bahamas !

Deep Bow,
Peter &Elley-Ray

Stayed: November 2017
4  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Hi my wife and I just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Sandals Emerald Bay and the Sandals Culture of superior customer service is still intact. This was our fifth sandals vacation and we enjoyed every minute. My wife and I tried others all inclusives, but we always come back to Sandals. Excellence resorts come close, but they are not Sandals. Jeremy Mutton is the GM of Emerald Bay and the English gentleman has made sure that the resort follows the focus on customer service. From the day that we arrived tired and hungry the staff and Bahamian people were exemplary. Lashan @ the Jerk Shack was the first and I will mention a few of the others. Wedijah @ the Italian Restaurant, Kenthino @ the English Pub, Sonia @ Bombay, ZyZa @ the Japanese Rest, Leneshia & Kris @ Komato, Michelle @ the main pool and finally Johanne at the front desk. They all follow the spirit of Sandals and make the resort special. Davis Spitcers the executive Chef has to be mentioned because the food was outstanding at all of the restaurants.

Golfers will love the course and there were a few issues that were beyond Jeremy's control. The weather/wind prevented water sports on the beautiful beach and some of the maintenance issues were not addressed because of staff exported to hurricane damaged Sandals resorts. Mr. Mutton had to fly a generator repairman in from Florida for repairs and the guests were not inconvenienced.

You will Love Sandals Emerald Bay

Kevin C McCurrie

3  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 15 December 2017

This was my wife and I's third Sandals trip. We had previously been to St. Lucia as well as Jamaica.

As far as rooms, layout of the resort, pools, and beach front, this was by far my favorite. The beach is large with plenty of chairs, beautiful water, and soft sand that they are constantly raking with a tractor to make it enjoyable and easy to walk on.

As far as food is concerned, it was nothing fantastic. The breakfast bar is good, the hibachi is good, and there is a place called the Drunken Pub that has the best food on the resort in my opinion (steaks, burgers, and bread pudding). All of the severs in the drunken pub were all very rude with the exception of 1 and 1 bar tender.

Now for the golf. I am an avid (scratch for what its worth) golfer and have played many courses around the US. The scenery at this place is just absolutely breath taking, the course is in phenomenal shape, but the greens are VERY VERY VERY slow (which is to be expected in a resort style course like this. I went the first day I was there to book a tee time for each day (6) that we were there as that is the reason we chose this resort. They then informed me they had no tee times until 3pm each day. My initial thoughts were, what, that can't be right. She could tell I was agitated, then says, but you can call back tomorrow around noon and maybe we will have something open up. It turns out that they only have 12 golf carts. Yes you read that correctly, 12!. After learning of this and asking her to call her manager, they allowed me to walk the course (free of charge). I walked it 2 days and rode it once (2:30 pm tee time and barely made it in before dark). The walk was almost 6 miles according to my phone and the back 9 is quite challenging.

So for me, since I chose this place to vacation strictly for the golf and to not be able to actually play golf like I wanted or when I wanted, its very disappointing and I would not recommend the place honestly. If I could do it again, I would have chosen somewhere in the states that can handle more than 24 golfers a day.

7  Thank crowdebr453
Reviewed 14 December 2017

My husband and I spent 9 nights at Emerald Bay in October. I like to think I have a balanced view and having read a number of the very critical reviews on here would like to give, what I like to think is a balanced view. Firstly, the beech is the most beautiful I have ever seen. The staff are really lovely and I certainly never met any of the surly people other reviewers have mentioned, the restaurants and bars are really very good and represent value for the price paid. Yes, the rooms do require some updating but I did not go on holiday to sit in my room - everything worked and did it's job - we had a broken toilet roll holder which we reported (hardly the end of the world) and it was fixed the same day. Sandals is at the mid to top end in relation to price but I really don't know what some people expect - overall a fantastic location with brilliant staff, food and bars and a yes, some buildings that Sandals need to invest in upgrading over time. One of the best holidays we have ever had.......

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We stayed at SEB in September for four nights (originally supposed to be September 3-10). While we were not able to complete the full week's visit due to approaching Hurricane Irma, the four days we were there were fabulous. The landscaping is stunning and looked after by a skilled team of gardeners. The beach is beautiful and we enjoyed all our meals at Bahama Bay, Soy, and the French restaurant. All staff are friendly and helpful, delivering great service. Our room a large beachfront butler suite had a spectacular view of the beach. We were located by the quiet pool. We found the resort to be extremely well prepared for the hurricane but any preparations made were done subtly with little impact on guests. The hurricane briefing we attended was organized and the information shared was clear. The managers of the resort, especially the GM, Jeremy Mutton, and the Director of Guest Services were well informed and ensured guests were well looked after. They also organized the evacuation of guests when airlines were not able or willing to do so...with Sharlaine assisting guests at a very chaotic airport. Our butlers, Samson and Henry, deserve an honourable mention as they both attempted to assist us in making plans to leave Exuma early. We would recommend them to everyone!

We were disappointed to have to leave early as we have been to this resort several times before and always enjoy the experience. Plus leaving under an evacuation is an interesting experience...

So we returned December 3-10th and were greeted warmly by Sharlaine, Director of Guest Services, and Greg our butler !!!

Again our room was beachfront and located not far away from the quiet pool. The grounds continue to be extremely well maintained and if you have an opportunity to walk around the golf course, do so but make sure you say hello to Mr. Cooper at the front security gate. He is a true ambassador of Sandals. The gym is well equipped and we enjoyed it most mornings.

There are many staff who need to be acknowledged but Lakesha at the Quiet pool bar is incredibly pleasant and remembers returning guests. Theon in Bahama Bay in partnership with our butler Greg deserves acknowledgement for the "special dinner" he served us our first night. Terrick was our server in Soy the second night and we loved his recommendations..great tofu salad. We attended the returning guest dinner which was large compared to previous stays, and also dined at the French restaurant.
Our last two nights we ate at Barefoot...due to the personalized service we received from Greg and waiter, Tyree. Greg knows us so well he was able to pre-order portions of our meal! Tyree went over and above with table decorations and level of service. While we didn't have enough time to also eat at Bombay, Il Cielo and Kimonos we have dined there during previous stays. All are good. In regards to lunch and breakfast, we ate mostly at Bahama Bay but did enjoy a few pool side delivered breakfasts and lunches. Great work by our butler team.

There is a lot I can say about this resort but one of the highlights of this trip was watching the Children's Christmas party. We had this opportunity a few years ago and it is incredibly worthwhile. The Christmas decorations around the resort were incredible this year...the tree in the entrance to Bahama Bay matches the tropical beach decor. It is beautiful.

In regards to some of the concerns mentioned by some guests, this resort is remote and so there are times there is shortage of certain food items but it is our experience that there are lots of other things to eat and enjoy. It is a quiet and relaxing resort...not one for loud parties. Furnishings are gradually being replaced and items updated.

Probably the only things we really noticed is that there was a large amount of seaweed on the beach and it was apparent the staff were struggling to keep up with keeping the sand seaweed free, their efforts were hampered by strong winds, strong currents and red flag days.

Do not be deterred from visiting Great Exuma and Sandals Emerald Bay. Just go...You will be amazed!

7  Thank LCandBE