I want to leave a very honest review, in my opinion. I want everyone to realize that even “Paradise “ can have issues. We were at the resort Dec. 2nd through the 9th. We were there to celebrate a special birthday for me. We had booked this particular resort a year in advance & based on the great reviews and ranking. As part of our package we had unlimited golf. This was our 3rd Sandals resort so we knew what to expect. The resort is beautiful and clean. The restaurants were exceptional, at least most were. Our less than stellar review comes from not up to par service. When you pay that much money for a certain level of room & service and then don’t get it, people are highly disappointed. Our troubles started day one, not huge on their own, but together kind of ridiculous . The concierge club was short on personnel and lacking service in handling all the people that arrived at once. When we finally got to our room, we found a lack of towels, the bar was not stocked, the refrigerator was open and everything was warm, a broken clock, a problem toilet, etc. The we were informed that there was a problem with the “golf “ and that they would have the golf manager call. It turns out that the issue was a lack of golf carts, yes really at a “Golf” resort. My hubby had to fight to get any tee times and ended up only being able to golf 2 times and only nine holes. We brought golf clubs all the way for that !
We gave them several hours to fix at least some of the issues, but nothing. We went to the Concierge Club and they called the manager on duty. He was able to get things kind of corrected,but it took several more calls. The next day the same things happened again. We could never really find anyone in the concierge club since they were almost a skeleton crew. We finally spoke to someone else about our continuing issues (Kim our bartender) (awesome), and she got us to the guest services manager Sharlene. She listened and tried to help us again & took the time to explain some of the personnel problems they were having. She got some more things corrected for us but sadly the same issues happened day after day so we always had to call again & again. I am very disappointed as it took away from the vacation and made it so we will not go back to that location. We met several other Sandals regulars experiencing the same and had come to the same conclusion about not returning. We are loyal Sandals patrons and have made reservations at another location for next year.
I think that due to all their service issues that they should have done something to at least compensate guests for not getting what they paid for, even if it was only additional points, to acknowledge their huge service issues. As far as the golf issues, they should have called guests to give them the option of changing their reservations or something.
And to add to it, they really never acknowledged my birthday,unlike Southcoast the previous year. I write this so people can be aware before they go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas