Open today: 7:30 am - 7:30 pm
Review Highlights
Wonderful Day!

Great day with Captain Smiley! We took the full day trip too the pigs. All of the stops (pigs... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
223teresa
Loveland, Colorado
Exceptional Exuma Cays Adventure with Captain Smiley and Crew

My daughter, 20 year old granddaughter, and I had an amazing full day tour with Captain Smiley and... read more

Reviewed 10 January 2021

from USD 449.10
from USD 5,500.00
from USD 128.21
More Info
All reviews captain smiley full day tour nurse sharks thunderball grotto swimming pigs sand bar day trip iguana island staniel cay fed iguanas black point thunder ball grotto great trip huge starfish bucket list highlight of our trip celebrity homes
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have been coming to the Exuma's for over 10 years, and this is the first time I have been into the Cays. The Four C's provided a WONDERFUL tour. The staff were knowledgeable, courteous, and professional...but they also had a lot of fun. Not only did they take us to all of the promised sights (Starfish Bay, Staniel Cay, Thunderall Grotto, Swimming Pigs, Iguanas, Nurse Sharks, and sunken drug plane), they offered unique perspectives of each. They also incorporated some local history and culture into the sights.
Captain Andrew and First Mate PJ were very welcoming, and I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone.
I will say, bring lots of sunscreen and eat a BIG breakfast!

Date of experience: March 2012
4  Thank tegan m
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Well worth the money is an understatement, particularly when compared to the cost of the same tours provided by other oufits (after retrospectively comparing trips with other resort guests). Having researched on the net prior to my trip, and after discussing options with our resort staff; Capt Pat of the Four C's outfit was highly recommended. Price was considerably less than other options but tour was essentially the same (minus paying for own $ 20 lunch at Staniel Cay restaurant, ate along side those on other tour) Was able to compare the boats when at similar stops and the Four C boats had forward facing seating so the day would certainly for me anyway, be alot more comforatble than sitting side saddle in the bowand either staring over your left or right shoulder the entire day. I'm assuming the boat was also able to navigate much shallower water which made for some exciting 50+ mph runs along the sandbars, roaring past and inside another tour boat which had stopped along the sandbars to allow their guests off to walk to the sandbar was abit 'showoffy' but alot of fun all the same. Was picked up at our recort by Pat himself and then spent a great day out on the water traversing close to 140 NM over the course of the day, with adequate stops to enjoy Starfish Bay, the swimming pigs, swimming with the sharks, the famous James Bond Thunderball grotto (which Pat stated he had timed for us to see at lower tide to make it a much better experience) , the iguana island and views of stars homes. Would highly recommend this tour and foresee it moving up the list of recommended tours.

Date of experience: February 2012
5  Thank 62JPR
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I researched the excursion a couple of weeks in advance and decided 4c's looked like the best value for the money and it surely was!
My wife was hesiant to go but as soon as we were on board, we both knew it was going to be a good trip.
We went to Starfish Bay, the swimming pigs, the iguana island, Thunderball Grotto, swam with the sharks , the sunken drug plane and more. We saw many home of famous celebs and travelled 14 miles according to the Capt. Andrew.
Both Pat and Andrew were very friendly and accomodating, answering all of our questions and taking us wherever we wanted to go.
Pat dove down in 25 feet of water and brought up about 20 conch shells right before us in about 10 minutes- amazing!
Andrew had my lovely wife on the bow of the boat, along with the other ladies on board, teaching them how to dance like a Bahamian for the party later at Sandals. It was a good laugh and fun for all.
Pat arranged to pick us up in the Sandals at eight in the morning and sure enough, there was a Chevy Tahoe there to pick us and another couple promptly at eight.
They whisked us off the to the dock on the North of the island where we met Pat and a few other adventurers.
We had a great lunch at Staniel Cuay and I do not hesitate to recommend the 4c's to anyone.
We did have some issues paying cash for the trip($160 each ) as the ATM near sandals ran out of cash as Thursday was payday at sandals.
I told Pat and was concerned as we were leaving Exuma soon and did not want to miss the oppurtunity to take the trip.
Pat`s response`Don`t worry about it man...we`ll work it out later`
Pat arranged for the taxi to take us to the ATM after the trip for the cash when it was re-stocked on Friday.
...Just another example of the laid back attitude of the Bahamians and what Pat did to ensure we had a great experience.
I would recommend you Google the swimming pigs, the iguanas, Thunderball Grotta, the swimming with the sharks, and see what you are in for. There is no way you can capture the true colors and sights of the beautiful water on a camera so you must see it in person.
I also recommend you take a sweatshirt for the hour trip back at the end of the day, sun screen , a hat , an underwater camera( I had a cheapo for $80 and was fine)and some cash or credit card for lunch at Staniel Cuay. I had the sea-food platter- very tasty!
Thanks Pat and Andrew for a great day! Your friendliness and experience is so much appreciated. I will surely take the trip again should I return and recommend it to as many others as I can.

Rod and Julie
Kamloops BC, Canada

Date of experience: January 2012
5  Thank RodandJulie
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Just got back from Sandal's and my wife and I took the all day excursion with Captain Pat with 4C's. It was AWESOME. I highly recommend this tour. One of the highlights of the trip. Very nice and very accommodating, Captain Pat was great. Much less expensive than the same tour given by Sandals. And well worth it . . .

Date of experience: December 2011
5  Thank utahgimmetwo
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I took this tour Nov 18th. We contacted them via email originally and phone after. Note that based on occupancy, there is not a tour everyday. So get in touch ahead of time and have a little flexibility.

We stayed at Sandals and were picked up there in the morning for free, promptly and on time. When we got to the dock, it was like "uh oh". The area looked a little run down and some of the boats looked like they were in rough shape. No public restroom outdoors etc. We were there with 8 people or so, so I started to wonder how we would all fit. Was even more nervous when boat pulled up with 4 people already in it.

All fears quickly subsided. The boat has bench seats looking forward that accommodate two people in each. We all easily fit.

First stop was Starfish Bay where the water was calm and clear, and we saw a TON of rays out there. In addition, there were a bunch of starfish. One guy jumped in and pulled one up so people could take pictures. (Captain was careful to make sure he was put back properly which took a bit)

All in all, the sights alone are worth the trip. Absolutely beautiful out there. The Thunderball Grotto is very neat to look at and be inside. BRING AN UNDERWATER camera, we didn't and should have. The swimming pigs are a hoot, and the iguanas and swimming with the nurse sharks very cool.

All in all, the trip went very smooth. Our captain was a good natured and funny guy, and kept the trip relaxed. Stopped for beers, etc. a few times and a great lunch at Staniel Cay. (Bring cash!) The day goes by quickly, and there are a bunch of stops on the way out that make you forget how far out you are going. The ride back is a bit of a long way, as it is a straight shot, and can get a bit bumpy. (I wouldn't worry about the conch diving or anything else. If that was done, it would be neat, but certainly doesn't detract from the trip.)

This honestly was one of the major highlights of our trip. I would do it again!! You will get AWESOME pictures.

Date of experience: November 2011