“One of the best on the island”

Santanna's Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a tasty Bahamian cuisine serving you fresh seafood daily! For our non seafood lover's we also serve delicious steak and chicken grilled or fried to your likings. We are opened EVERYDAY except Sunday's and we are ready to serve you! If your interested in visiting us at dinner feel free to call and place your reservations and for anything special you may want.
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We ate here twice in December 2017.

They have a number of nurse sharks that swim around the rocky area behind the restaurant, and my son loved watching them!

Beware that you must park ACROSS the street on the grassy area and not in front of the restaurant, or you will get a ticket. The owners are good about running out to ask people to move their cars.

Yes, as others have noted, there are A LOT of flies here. They do what they can with candles to try to keep them away, but they are always around.

The drinks from the bar are really good here. Try the Goombay Smash!

Both times we ate here I had the lobster. It was the biggest lobster tail ever! They have a house sauce (chili lime!) that I drizzled over it, and it was incredible.

My sister-in-law fell in love with the grouper.

All of the dishes served here are breaded, so beware of that if you don't like breaded lobster or breaded chicken/fish, etc.

The side dishes change daily. We chose from coleslaw, corn niblets, rice and beans, and mac n' cheese.

The meal offerings also change daily. The fish is always caught fresh every day, and you can tell! Some of the items on hand were chicken strips, shrimp, BBQ ribs, grouper, lobster.

We found that the hours also seemed to change a lot. Sometimes they closed as early as 5:00 p.m. We ended up calling before we drove over.

The service here was very friendly.

They include an automatic 15% gratuity here.

2  Thank mgramato1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stumbled across this place on our way while we were touring the island. It is located directly on the beach. Great Food and moderately priced. We liked it so much we went back a second time. A must go to place for lunch or a Very Cold one.

1  Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Fresh fish and tasty lobster, good service. Limited menu but really fresh sea food. Reasonably priced.Not a big variety on the menu but what they have is great taste.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were touring little Exuma and came here for lunch. The menu was on a sign outside and there was Grouper, shrimp, conch, chicken, lobster and ribs (maybe some other stuff too). The conch and the grouper are breaded and deep-fried. I had the grouper and I admit it was excellent but I find it unfortunate that such a nice piece of fresh grouper was deep fried when it could have been prepared a little more gracefully. My son ordered the ribs and said they were great. My daughter ordered the conch but was a little disappointed that it was in whole pieces instead of the smaller bits or strips as you might see it elsewhere. Beers, sodas and rum punches rounded out the drinks and the people here and the service are very good. Try the lime & pepper sauce that they give you too... spicy & fresh-tasting. The view is great and we saw sharks swimming along the shore out in front. The bartender told me they will throw scraps in the water so the sharks come for lunch too. This is a cash-only place so be prepared. Everything on the menu is reasonable and in the same general price range... $15 to maybe $17 for everything except the lobster which was $26. Towards the south end of Little Exuma in Williams Town.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Best food on the island! What is also amazing is they were able to make all my food gf for me. Had the lobster then had to go back for the grouper because it looked so good. Don’t forget to visit Momma’s bakery next door!