“Great view, great ice cream, great people”

Lighthouse Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Great Exuma
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Stopped here for ice cream with our two young daughters this summer. The ice cream was excellent. The view from the tables out behind was fabulous and the owner's family was a delight to chat with. Would definitely go back if in Exuma. It's a super chill place to relax without crowds and enjoy an ice cream while looking at the ocean.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Stopped here for ice cream after Coco Plum- they had 8 different flavors. We tried the strawberry, strawberry cheesecake and cotton candy. Was a nice treat!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

This cafe is low key with beautiful views. We met the owner and a lot of his family when we ate here. They are super nice and loved to hear we enjoyed our dinners. We enjoyed the baked chicken, BBQ pork chops, and BBQ chicken. The peas and rice here was our favorite as well. The meals are the perfect size and left my husband and 15 year old son full. The ice cream was a perfect way to end a beautiful day on the island. We ate here 3 times on our 2 weeks of vacation and were never disappointed.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We stopped here per the reviews in TripAdvisor and it lived up to the reviews. We just wanted something quick since we were returning from Coco Plum beach at low-tide and it was already 7:00pm. We decided to take the barbecue ribs back to our beach house. The rice and beans were fantastic and the meat on the ribs just fell right off. The seasoning on the ribs was spot on and the barbecue was good. The ice cream was great. All homemade. Everyone was very friendly. Wish we would have stopped here sooner instead of a few days before we were leaving.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This was such a great experience for my mom aunt daughter and myself! We had just Had a long fun day at Cocoplum beach and we’re starving. We decided to stop here and were surprised to see we could have a full dinner with a beautiful ocean view. The café was so quaint and colorful and the owner who I think is name is Tanya was just a delight! She was so kind and polite, funny with a little bit of real talk, she reminds me of someone I could be friends with. She knew how hungry we were so she gave my mom and aunt extra shrimp at no charge and when my daughter told her how much she loves the local peas and rice recipe she practically gave her an entire plateful which by the way she ate all of it. She share the recipe with me and after all of that we still manage to eat delicious ice cream. It was fun to eat at a place where the locals frequent and the prices were fair and a relief from the extremely high prices at the other restaurants. Obviously we ate out at different restaurants daily but this was by far my family’s favorite meal and one of my favorite experiences of the entire trip!

1  Thank Alison B