“A+”
other travellers have booked this property
View!
Taino Beach next door (3 minute walk)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View!
Taino Beach next door (3 minute walk)
Sunset from condo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MGW1954
Denver, Colorado
“owner issues”
Reviewed 11 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

The first night in this place we found what looked like a red squirt gun, which my husband pulled the trigger on and got burned with pepper spray, we cleaned up everything except a small patch on the ceiling which we didn't notice right away, and the owner kept our entire $250 deposit to paint a small patch of white ceiling. The gun was left in the nightstand drawer and was apparently used before, and broken as the pepper spray went many directions. She has the place for sale and probably will not care about this review.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 May 2016
I have owned this condo for 18 years and I care very much about this review as I have upcoming rentals through 2017. I have never had a bad review and I have had several repeats. I have never withheld anyones deposit until now. With respect, who would take out of a drawer a red gun with a yellow caution sticker clearing stating it is pepper spray and fire it in your home? I googled this and kindly explained to Marjorie that the pepper spray was oil based and had to be cleaned several times before applying primer and then paint. The paint will not match at this point and the whole ceiling needed to be painted. I explained to her that I am not there and I must hire people to do this work for me. $250.00 did not cover the damage done to our condo.
JoN9ines
Toronto, Canada
“A+”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

As an experienced renter of vacation properties I can honestly say this was one of the best! The unit is extremely well appointed and clean. The kitchen is set up with everything anyone would ever need to prepare meals or even entertain. The owners provided a supply of paper products and other key essentials, so there was no immediate rush to get out to the store to stock up when I arrived. My stay was a month long and I found no need for a rental car! If desired a taxi can easily be acquired next door at Taino Beach Resort. Taino also offered shuttle to the nearest grocery store for $4 return three times a week. A two minute walk from the condo you will find a water taxi that runs from 8am to 11pm and for $3 each way will take you to Port Lucaya shops, restaurants, and casino. This quiet condo has beautiful views of the channel and yachts coming in and out of the harbor. The other residents are very friendly and helpful. Wifi, phone, tv, air conditioning, and all appliances were all in perfect working order. The stunning secluded beach is just a few minutes walk where you will find a restaurant, snorkelling, kayaking, pedal boats, jet skis, banana boats and other activities all available. I found the brochures provided by the owner very helpful. I easily arranged pickup and drop-off for snorkelling trips to a number of different locations. Don't miss Dead Man's Reef at Paradise Cove! For $40 they will provide transportation and rental equipment for the entire day. I would recommend Sabor's and the Flying Fish for dinner, Zorba's coconut french toast for breakfast is a must! For dancing and fun beach party check out the Wednesday night Fish Fry at Smith's Point, it's a good mix of locals and tourists. Botanical lovers should visit Garden of the Groves for lunch. As a woman traveling on my own I felt very safe, the property is well lit and the locals are the friendliest and kindest you will find on any island.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location to beach and no need for rental car
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
radarhons
Charlottetown, Canada
“Perfect accommodation!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

This Condo was perfect for our two week stay. From the minute we walked in we knew Unit 209 was going to a perfect fit four needs. The spacious bedroom and two bathrooms were very convenient. We enjoyed the constant Sport Fishernan and Yacht traffic going by right in front of us every day. Fish and Sting Rays jumping out of the water just yards away as we relaxed by the pool was an added bonus. We met some of the other Condo owners ( who were just Great Folks) and they were very helpful in identifying local sights to see and restaurants to sample. Most of the time we were the only people in the pool .
We would highly recommend this Condo for people who looking for a comfortable, quiet place to stay in Port Lucaya.
Sharon was very flexible in accommodating our needs.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
L H
“Great location and a very nice unit.”
Reviewed 11 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent a wonderful week in this lovely waterfront unit. We enjoyed breakfast most mornings on the balcony watching the boats and yachts go by. There is a nice beach within a short walk and the pool is well maintained and just outside of this second floor unit. The condo is nicely decorated and has everything you need for preparing a meal. We chose not to rent a car but took the ferry to Port Lucaya most evenings for dinner. We really liked Agave and Zorba's. There is also a restaurant within walking distance at Taino Beach Reosrt. The food is good and the prices are reasonable.

The owners are responsive and easy to work with. We enjoyed afternoon cocktails poolside with some of the owners and guests. Overall, a great experience and exactly what we needed.

Liked best: Location and furnishing/decor
Liked least: No hair dryer
Older travelers
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing