All reviews ocean building swim up bar grocery store port lucaya free rum punch full kitchen fish fry welcome center awesome pool stove top on site restaurant ferry ride rented a car laid back peas glass bottom boat tour jet ski
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I had a studio room, everything you need is in the room, including a kitchen, whirlpool tub, shower, very spacious room. We will be back. The grounds & pool are very well kept. There is a very good restaurant on the grounds & the Beach is very well kept, they take it daily..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I struggled with what to ultimately rate this property but decided to chalk up some of my experiences to Mother Nature. The room was spacious, clean and they provide you with some things like paper towels, toilet paper and dish soap to get started. However, the "gift shop" they tout as having needed items is a very big stretch. Mostly it had cold drinks. The on-site restaurant was very good (curry chicken!!) and the scenery couldn't be beat. The pool is also extremely nice. The ferry to Lucaya Marketplace does NOT run as frequently as the schedule says in the off-season but they don't post the changes. Off-season activities are significantly reduced unless a cruise ship is in port but the water/sand are very nice. Be sure to take bug spray - I was eaten alive even with Off! My true complaint is the lack of WiFi - it could only be accessed in the lobby or in the gazebos outside the lobby and yes, the bugs were there too. You cannot tell me it is not possible to hard wire routers down the structure to feed a cluster of 5-10 rooms. There was so much I wanted to share with family but couldn't due to this lack of service. The staff were very nice and considerate though.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
3  Thank KimMiesau
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

My husband is retired Air Force. We have used Armed Vacation Club Several times and where able to take advantage of great deals for our family vacations. We have visited Rome Italy, Wales, Grand Caymans, several different resorts in the US.
The best way to get a great weekly rate and to get the best unit is book as far in advance ( I usually do it 9-12 months ahead). It is best to read the details on the resort on the web site very carefully. There are many units/ resorts that charge for utilities, and other charges. I have seen on some where it clearly states there charges for not only utilities but as well as linens for the beds. But each time we’ve have booked, we had absolutely no problems on check in. I can’t remember that we were asked for an ID to show we were affiliated with the military.
Since units are unused unit belonging to RCI timeshares, the best way to get a rating or a review on the resort is to review the resort under RCI directory as some times it is very hard to see reviews on the internet or on TripAdvisor.
The most we have spent for a 1 week stay, was in Rome Italy. That unit was located about 20 minutes outside of the city center, the resort was located on a golf course, and was a great 3 bedroom for 750.00 for 7 nights and I booked this 9 months ahead of our travel date.
If you travel with family and/or friends, and split the cost the nightly stay is less than to 50.00. You can’t beat the price.

There is no fee to join, but you can join for a minimal amount. I have never felt this was necessary because I plan our vacation so far ahead, gotten rates from 349.00 a week to 750.00 per week. Paying to join allows you early access to specials, but I feel Why pay for something I pretty much get for fee and I book for far in advance. Last minute vacation are are also a low weekly rate. The closer to the date of travel, the price seems to drop as they seem to run specials on certain resorts on uncooked units to get them fulled.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank gina r
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We did not know until the day before our trip was scheduled if the resort would reopen after closing in preparation for hurricane Irma. The resort opened up on a Wednesday and we arrived on a Thursday. We were only the second couple in the resort at that time!!! We were upgraded from the Ocean to the Marlin. By the weekend, several families had arrived, but the resort was no where near filled to capacity.
We found the room to be overall satisfactory. The first night we had no hot water but it was on the next morning. The utensils in the kitchen are pretty dated but we made do. The worst part was the bed as it seemed like the springs were completely broken down on one side. I broke a glass and was charged $3.50 for it!!!
The restaurant was open the first night, thank goodness, as there was nothing else around there to eat. However, two nights the restaurant was not opened and we had planned to eat there. Luckily, I had taken food and we had made a trip to the supermarket and purchased food.
We took this trip simply to enjoy the ocean and the pool. The pool was amazing. It was kept very clean. The foliage was beautiful, but I understand the resort lost lots of foliage in hurricane Matthew. The grotto bar was not open every day, but again I think that is because there were not many people there.
The small 'store' in the Flamingo across the street was opened most of the time and we were able to get a few items there. Groceries at the supermarket really were twice the cost as in the states. I had read enough reviews and knew to take as much food as possible.
The staff were very kind and friendly, with the exception of the office personnel. It seemed like they were not happy to be there!
There was only 2 places that had wi-fi and I was never able to access it. Also, the whole area lost power one evening for about 3 hours. The restuarant could not cook nor could I. I went to the lobby as they had a back up generator, to use the phone. However, the phones were out. I finally asked the receptionist if she could call the pizza place to have pizza delivered and she did. So if you want to get around the island, you most definitely need a vehicle.
The beach was beautiful with the exception of lots of seaweed most days. That was most likely due to Irma.
Overall, this is a great place for relaxation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momsham
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

First off you have to get a cab/van from the port , nothing is within walking distance , all industrial area which still looked bad from the Mathew in 2016. If you decide to take the cab it's stil a Good distance even when the driver is doing 80 mph , weaving through traffic. You get there and pay 3 dollars to enter and to use the wifi , which never worked. The bathrooms had No toilet paper after waiting in a 5 minute line. Beers were warm and over priced and then vendors and drug dealers harassed you relentlessly. Not to mention the water was extremely cold and the current was rough, and being so far from port you were constantly watching the time. Save your time and money .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family