All reviews dive boat caribbean divers restaurant upstairs port lucaya minute walk to the beach dive shop definitely stay here again the hotel offers rooms are spacious visiting freeport short stay conch fritters welcome drink grand bahama mini fridge bahama mamas third floor
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The staff was so incredibly helpful and friendly! Felicia and Genie were absolute highlights of our visit. Anything that we needed, they were always happy to help us out. The restaurant/bar is wonderful and has a lovely view.

Room tip: upstairs rooms have a nicer view
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BellChannelInn, Marketer at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

When you visit Bell Channel Inn, we try our best to make you feel like you're apart of our family. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the review. :)

Reviewed 9 October 2017

so happy to see this place come back to life. I stayed here with Warren Carroll when I first came to the bahamas in 1989. He stayed here and it was on the verge of being condemned and I was so sad at the thought cuz this place had so much to still give.. Makes my heart sings to see these photos and know that someone gave her... LIFE BACK..... NICE JOB.....
when I come back I will stay here for sure....
Tammy lee

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tammy Lee P

XD Thank you!!! We're happy too.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

He hotel overlooks part of a marina. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. The staff are helpful and friendly. There is a lady there called Genie who is amazing and will show you around, help you get to anywhere you want to, arrange tours, just generally she is a lovely person and part of the hotel. An absolute asset to any hotel. There is a pool as well, although it's just nice to take a dip if it's hot, not a lot of shade if you want to sit near it. There is a great restaurant upstairs, lovely food, and fairly well priced, nice atmosphere usually. I would recommend it as it's also a 15 to 20 mine to walk to the beach and to town and to the nearby supermarket.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Lisbeth K, Guest Relations Manager at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Divejb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a wonderful and helpful staff and I am happy to hear that Genie was able to help you by arranging your tours and help you to get around the island.

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our popular restaurant "Upstairs on the Bay", we are known for our fabulous food, especially our fresh seafood!

Thank you once again for your honest review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is great all staff are super friendly! The only downside is that the hotel is on the opposite Channel from the beach and Port Lucaya which makes any trips to the beach or Port Lucaya a very long walk or on an unreliable bus Network or taxi unless you rent a car which I highly recommend. The walk is about 15 minutes but it's close to a mile in distance. If you don't have a rental car you're pretty restricted in things to do. The other problem is that the surrounding area looks pretty bad unfortunately the hurricane from the year before did a lot of damage and has left a lot of the surrounding area completely torn apart and has left a lot of things closed

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BellChannelInn, Marketing Manager at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thanks for your awesome review. Yes, Unfortunately, we are on the other side of the channel and roughly 1.5 miles away from Port Lucaya. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and any residual damage caused by Hurricane Matthew should be repaired before your next visit. :)

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Bell Channel inn for my bday weekend ... unfortunately no one else that booked got their passport in time, so I went by myself .. it was perfect ! I stayed at Bell channel inn and check in was nice and quick . Genie provided me with flyers and ideas of where to go and what to do. I had a little mishap when I first got there but it was fixed... the room was comfortable and big , the balcony had a great view . The pool was nice ...but it does get deep very fast . Genie checked on me everyday knowing that I was traveling solo ... the restaurant food was great !!! You just have to try the macaroni on the appetizer menu ... I'm still drooling . The one thing that I say that I will change is the Internet .. wifi was not the best in the rooms but if you went to the bar or restaurant, it work perfect in there ... but other than that , I enjoyed my time there and was sad to leave ! But I will be coming back since everyone now has their passports .....

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank oh_ness
BellChannelInn, Marketer at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hello,

If we didn't tell you while you were here... Happy Birthday!!! Sorry that your friends couldn't make it down with you. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have had regarding the internet. Our internet service will be better the next time you visit. Our Motto is "Here... you're like family" and it sounds like Genie treated you just like family. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thanks for the awesome review and we hope to see you again. :)