I booked a last minute solo getaway to Pelican Bay Resort and loved every minute of it! It was my first time visiting the Bahamas and the staff was so helpful and welcoming. They called taxis for me as needed and allowed me to use the facilities after check-out, as my flight was not until later that day. I arrived on a Wednesday and was able to get to the Fish Fry at Smith's Point..do not miss it if you're there on a Wednesday. Sabor restaurant (on site) was delicious and reasonably priced. Mixed drinks were not cheap anywhere but beer was (2 Kalik for $5 at some places). The property of Pelican Bay is really pretty with colorful buildings, beautiful flowering plants and trees. I loved waking up to the sound of the birds singing and the sun coming up over the water. All rooms have a pretty water view but the staterooms have the nicest views of the marina. A nice perk was a free pass to use on the water taxi..for hotel guests only! The resort is right next to Lucaya Marketplace where you can find tons of shops, restaurants and bars. Don't bother paying up front for the breakfast at the hotel. There are inexpensive cafes at the marketplace that serve delicious breakfasts from early in the morning (try Caribbean Cafe and After Deck). The tour booths for snorkel/dive trips and other excursions are right there at the marina/marketplace as well. The only downside is the resort is not directly on the beach. You can go across the roundabout and use the beach but you'll have to rent chairs, etc for 30 bucks a day. You can also check out Junaknoo Beach Club at Taino Beach. I took the water taxi to Taino Beach and walked the 2 miles. A taxi would have been 24 bucks round trip. The beach club offers chairs for 5 bucks for the entire day, as well as great food and strong drinks! Overall I had a positive and relaxing experience staying at Pelican Bay and would certainly return because it was quiet (no kids running around), very clean, staff was so helpful and the property is conveniently located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island