My wife and & I decided at the last minute to escape to the Bahamas for President's day weekend. This was our first trip to Freeport and we were a bit undecided as to where to stay, that is until I found out about Pelican Bay & all it has to offer. Our suite overlooked the beautiful Bell Channel Bay. Our mornings were spent on our balcony enjoying the free pastries & fruit delivered to the room while sipping on expresso & reading the complimentary NY Times. Each day we would take the free shuttle boat to Taino beach so that we could lounge on the beach & sip rum punch drinks. In the afternoon we would retreat back to the resort to grab a quick bite to eat at Sabor then lounge by the heated pool before getting ready for the evening in which we would explore the shops & nightlife of the nearby Port Lucayan shopping district. We fell in love with Pelican Bay & the staff. We will definitely be back (this year).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island