“Not Good Starwood or Harborside”

Atlantis - Harborside Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Mendon, Massachusetts
“Not Good Starwood or Harborside”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

3rd Time at Harbor Side and my last.
First Day room had no water and was told it would be on in a couple hours, didn’t happen. Second Day still no water but was promised it would be on by 1pm, didn’t happen. I demanded another room so they sent us to a room that had not been cleaned, no AC, and in disrepair. After arguing with them for a couple hours they found us another room that was acceptable.
We finally moved to a decent room with no help from the staff, we moved all our luggage to 3 rooms and they didn’t offer to help once. They did not offer bottled water when we were out for two days. They didn’t offer anything for our inconvenience. Also had to deal with construction going on outside our building, pressure washing, staging, and walking over tools and equipment.
This was our third time staying here. First stay was a couple years ago and had to be relocated due to plumbing issues. Last year wasn’t bad, no issues. This year sucked, I guess your taking your chances. Their maintenance department is substandard and the customer service is terrible.
I’m really surprised the Starwood vacation network has a place like Harbor Side; their locations are usually top notch, NOT THIS ONE.
I’m also a Starwood Preferred Guest and that got me no were. No comps, no offers, nothing for my troubles. I gave everyone a chance to make it better and got nothing. Not a very good job SPG.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hazman64
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for choosing Harborside as your vacation destination. When a guest does not enjoy their vacation at Harborside, it is deeply disappointing to us. Unfortunately, while you were here, we experienced unprecedented water interruption due to circumstances beyond our control. On behalf of the resort, I apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to address your concerns. I can be contacted at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com. Once again, thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Polish first
woodbridge
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Checked in on Sat Sept 21 into a 2 bedroom in bldg 5 only to find ants or some sort of fast moving bug crawling all over the kitchen counter, tv cabinet in the living room and bathroom floor. I call to complain and a nice housekeeping manager comes up and offers to spray, then rude management staff comes up and acts like im crazy threatens to call security saying there are no "bugs" at Harborside, I have photo and video. We then pack up with my 1 year old and 5 year old kids and my inlaws and move to another room. Wake up the next morning to no water, I had to call the front desk only to find rhat a pipe broke and they were working on it. No one came with bottled water, we had to go to the front desk to get it and were advised it would be on by 12pm, then 5pm then 7pm, by 9pm I was done and we moved yet again to building 4 which is under construction. Not a bell man to help no one but my 70 year old father in law and husband lugging all our groceries and luggage tp another building. Did I get even $100 credit nope I got nothing. Hardly an apology. The rooms arent very clean showers have black mold and my feet were black from walking barefoot. Atlantis is awesome but skip tje harborside.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank zano321
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvements and your feedback does just that. While you were at Harborside, we, unfortunately, experienced a disruption in our water service due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances. On behalf of the resort, I apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, the other service concerns you mentioned are uncharacteristic of our resort and I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Please feel free to contact me at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com. Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.
Pompton Lakes NJ
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The location over the new bridge is greatand the accomodations are what you expect form Interval. The only negative besides food being expensive,which is the norm, was that the pool at harborside was a little cool. Don't forget to go to Fish Fry the food is wonderful and reasonable.

Room Tip: No car is needed, taxis and shuttles are all you need.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 99Stu
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My Husband and I stayed here (Bldg 5 #2774) the week of Sept 7-14th. I was going there following shoulder surgery so I knew it was mainly an R&R trip. When we got there we asked for an upgraded room which we got. It included a balcony which was really nice to have. The room was spacious and clean. It contained everything in the kitchen to cook daily meals. Maid service was once during the week but were available to bring extra towels and whatnot if you needed it you just had to ask. Our balcony overlooked the pool and the three towers in Atlantis. I really wanted to see the sunsets at night and you could see a sliver of it from our balcony. The Point restaurant has a fantastic view of the nightly sunset as well as the side area of the pool. It is a rather industrial area and a lot of the views on the water are of shipping vessels and boats and yacht's as well as the bridge in and out of the island! This property is huge but they have what I call trams or busses which come along every few minuets to bring you to your Atlantis destination. I recommend getting a map from the concierge desk and familiarizing yourself with where you want to go. The staff from the front desk to the housekeepers and transportation workers all seem to have a great attitude and are very willing to help with what ever you need. We spent a day over at the Cove and rented a cabana for the day which was about 20 feet from the beach and pool it was a real treat! The food is ok there is some selection you'll pay a high price for it but your at Atlantis and it's going to be expensive. There is a market you can go and shop in and cook some of your own meals or use the Island service that can deliver food too you! We also went and saw the sites including the casino's we had never been before so it was exciting. Beware they allow you to use your room key as a method of putting money in the machines. Who knew! The pool and grounds are very nice the pool being a comfortable 80ish degrees. We intended on staying close by it as the humidity was in the eighty percents the entire time we were there. The pool is also kid friendly with water spouts and such for them including a little pool. Lifeguards are on duty from morning till about 7pm also life jackets are available and are on racks at the pool. There are 2 food stands in this area of the pool one of them accepts room key only but the Point restaurant does accept cash or a room key! We found this with several eating spots so make sure you have your key at all times. Near the Scotia Bank across the street from the Harborside is a "Straw Market" it's a bunch of stores and a Dunkin Donut for those that must have it! The beach one of my favorite places are very nice the water was beautiful and you could see small schools of fish as you swam. It was nice they have towel stations where you show your wrist band and they give you them. When your done you put them in a bin no lugging towels everywhere. Sadly our vacation soon came to an end and we came home. I miss the warm air and sunshine and mostly the Bahamian people as they are the true gems of the island.

Room Tip: Building 5 room 2774 is in a quiet zone but overlooks the pool. Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank melbills
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at Atlantis Harborside for 9 days in September. The service is exceptional - very friendly and helpful staff! The property is very well kept, and we had no issues whatsoever with our suite, nor the amenities. And we had complete access to all amenities at Atlantis! The meals are somewhat pricey (about $100 - $125 for dinner for 2), but we made breakfast in our villa each day, and lunches were a little more reasonable at places like Murray's Deli and the Pizza place next door. Also, we went to Nassau to eat and those prices are a little more reasonable as well. There is a 15% gratuitity added to everything you do so be prepared for that as well. Dinner at Virgil's is a must as the portions are huge and designed for at least two people (try the fried catfish) - the food is excellent! Olives is a great choice, though the seafood options are limited, the service is great! Finally, be sure to try to get to Nassau and eat at The Poop Deck, great food and service as well. There are shuttle buses everywhere and they run every 2-3 minutes so no waiting - they have a bus for each Atlantis hotel so you can get around easily from sun-up until 2-3 am. Drivers are friendly and very helpful. Lots to do at Atlantis and be sure to get to all the beaches, slides and definitely the River Rush. Casino is fun and they even have a Sports Betting Lounge where you can watch all the games and races and place your bets. We had a great time and plan on revisiting soon and often!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the harbor - you will enjoy seeing the beautiful yachts. You may not...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple