“Cozy and Amazing Private Escape!”
other travellers have booked this property
5 minutes away from the Remarkable Saunders Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
5 minutes away from the Remarkable Saunders Beach
Living Room with lots of seating
Queen Size Bed (Memory Foam Mattress)
Large Closet Space with Ironing board and iron
Flat Screen TV with over 40 Cable Channels
Bathroom relaxing and comfortable
Take a warm bath or cool shower
Towels Provided
Laundry Basket for clothing & Towels
Spacious Courtyard. Perfect skies and native birds
Popular Junkanoo Beach. (Western Esplanade)  Just 5 minutes away. (2km)
Map to Western Esplanade
Ardastra Gardens & Zoo
Arawak Cay (Fish Fry)
Water Sports available
Playground on Saunders Beach
Goodman's Bay is ideal for activities, including water sports and American football
Atlantis Water Park
Tie the knot on our beautiful beaches
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kasey C
“Cozy and Amazing Private Escape!”
Reviewed 21 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Me and my boyfriend have stayed at Jay’s beautiful and modern home whenever we are in Nassau and it is our go to spot! The accomodations was beautiful and modern and the environment is very private and comfortable. The fully equiped kitchen made cooking easy and the bed was extremely comfortable. Very clean place and Jay as a host was very accomodating if we needed anything. It is located just walking distance away from the beach and local transit. As well as their were local bars, restaraunts and a service station near by.

I would suggest staying here whenever your in Nassau and want to get a private escape. Jay’s place is the only place to stay when your in town. TRUST ME!!!

26 Feb 2018
Thank you Kasey for the amazing review, It was a pleasure hosting you and I look forward to you staying with us again.

Torri K
Florida
“Ideal location; well appointed!”
Reviewed 14 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I should first start by extending my gratitude to the owner for being so accommodating. I had to change my itinerary and it was a hassle but the owner worked with me and I appreciated that very much. The location is ideal because it is very close to the Fish Fry, Western Esplanade beach and downtown Nassau as well as being one street over from the Ardastra Zoo so you can easily reach most of the attractions where you will want to go. The condo is well appointed with a quaint living area space, kitchen, bed and bath. You can stop by a store and pick up food and drinks to store in the fridge and you can warm up food in the microwave or cook up something on the stove. There were bath and beach towels available which was a very nice touch. The unit has two air conditioning units so you will be nice and cool when it heats up. If you are looking for a spot that won't break the bank but will provide all the comforts of home, then this is your spot! Enjoy!

26 Feb 2018
Thank you Torri for the nice review. It was a pleasure hosting you and I am glad you had a good stay.

Elizabeth...
“10 Stars out of 5! Perfect for island getaway!”
Reviewed 20 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

I can't say enough how much my husband and I loved staying in this condo. First of all, when we opened the door, everything looked just like the pictures online. The condo was very clean. Very spacious for 2 people. We were so glad that we did not get a hotel in Nassau. Theron picked us up from the airport and took us to the grocery store, then to the fish fry. The food from the restaurant he recommended to us was so delicious, and the portions were so large it took me 3 days to finish!
The neighborhood was very quiet and safe, even when we walked home at night. Neighbors were friendly, quiet, and respectful. On of their cute little dogs even came to say hello and take us to our doorstep our first night!

There are 2 air conditioning units, one in bedroom, one in living room; both work very well! There are also ceiling fans. The seating in the living room was very comfortable (sofa, loveseat, and chair as well as 2 barstools). The bed was very comfortable as well. The showers had hot and cold water and the pressure was great. The towels provided were like new, not worn at all. The wifi was strong and steady. This condo felt very much like home for us.

Jay was always a call or text message away, and willing to provide anything that we felt was lacking during our stay. She was also very helpful before we even arrived by answering questions and arranging a ride from the airport for us. We didn't bring any coffee filters with us, once we mentioned it to her, her mom brought us some coffee filters and a variety of teas for brewing the very next morning. There were plenty of dishes for 2 people to use. The full size refrigerator worked great. We also used the kettle to boil water for tea. That was the extent of our use of the stove, as we wanted to enjoy as much of the local cuisine as we could during our short stay in the Bahamas.

The condo was tastefully decorated.

This condo is walking distance to the Fish Fry, (which we spent a lot of time at), Junkanoo Beach, and downtown. Any location beyond that we called Theron, and he was able to take us where we needed to go. He was very timely in picking us up and the AC in the car worked great!

I was kind of sad when it was time to leave. I felt very at home here, like I could stay here forever...just need to find me a job on the island! I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to get a local vibe and enjoy plenty of space, rather than being cramped in a hotel room. We definitely plan on coming back and staying in this awesome condo! Thank you Jay and Theron for everything!

Your age range 25-34
nnmercman
Camberley, United Kingdom
“It just wasn't for us”
Reviewed 27 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a rental car so drove to the apartment - fortunately Jay gave us good directions as it was difficult to find (no obvious number/name) - not sure you'd ever find it at night on your own (I'll include a couple of roadside photos to help future guests!) We like travelling independently and so chose this over a hotel. Unfortunately it was too basic for us and we left after one night of the four originally booked. There's insufficient kitchen utensils/pans etc, no kettle or coffee maker (so if you want a hot drink you'd have to boil a pan), no hairdryer or bedside tables (we used the kitchen bar stools!) or bedside table lamps. Also the apartment is not facing the sun so the interior's dark and could do with freshening up. The surrounding area and apartments are run down and it's a long walk to anywhere if you don't have your own transport.

On the positive - the bed was comfortable (although my wife said the plastic protector made her sweat a bit), the aircon is efficient and quiet, the area was quiet and Jay was always immediately contactable.

In my opinion this apartment can best be described as "rustic" so if you're happy to live off the grid then this could be for you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Peace and quiet/bed/helpful Jay
Liked least: Lack of condo facilities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Nov 2016
Greetings Deborah– Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

I was very disappointed when you said you were leaving after one day, especially after giving you a tour of the rental and you stating that you liked it. That was a huge surprise to me.

Per your comments, we have
added a coffee pot, kettle and hair dryer to assist with making our guest more comfortable. These were already in the works and I would have gotten these the very next day if I knew they were important for you to enjoy your stay. Unfortunately I was not given the opportunity to show you how important making our guests happy is to us.

After review of the website, I can confirm that my listing was accurate as I never advertised those things, however we sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance.

The outside of the building is being painted and repaired due to damages from hurricane Mathew and overall regular maintenance, hence the priming of the building. Thank you for the pics as they confirm the outside is still kept clean.

Fish Fry, Bay Street, Adastra gardens and Beaches are within walking distance, so I'm confused as to the comments there. These are confirmed by google maps, that are in pics of the property. Also when you arrived I drove as you as your husband followed in the rental car to show you just how close everything was.

I understand that it was just not for you, but I hardly think that stainless steel appliances, wooden cabinets, granite coutertops and porcelain tiles can be described as rustic, however you are entiled to your opinion. I have taken a picture as well of the sunlight beaming though the windows, it just required the opening of the blinds.

I hope you liked the recommendations I sent you for restaurants for your husbands birthday and I hoped you enjoyed.

kanita d
“The Perfect Home Away From Home ....”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

a perfect jewel i literally wanted to stay in this little condo forever clean cute the bed wasn't so comfy but everything else made up for that the owner Jay and driver Theron made me feel as if i were right at home each time i come to the Bahamas i plan to stay at this property .. close to everything convenient to the bus stop which provides transportation around for only $1.25 morning walks on the beach were breathtaking we were only walking distance away from the fish fry which has amazing food ... i am Bahamas home sick already i cant wait to return i am also a travel agent and i plan to recommend this property to any of my clients traveling to the Bahamas thanks for a great stay until next time....

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the privacy and cleanliness of the property
Liked least: mattresses
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Dec 2016
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review, we appreciate your feedback. I am happy you had a good stay and it felt like home. I hope to see you on your next stay in The Bahamas. It was certainly a pleasure hosting you.

Jay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing