All reviews privilege pool monkey bar baha mar bungalow pool grand hyatt bedroom residence mercedes suv amazing weekend cleo restaurant mediterranean food espresso machine beautiful resort food truck pool party cafe madeleine washer dryer rooms are gorgeous
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The service at the hotel is horrible, staff is very unprofessional. We got checked in in to our room but the room was not ready to be checked in.
We come back to the room at about 4 o'clock every day and either the room is not made up or there are no towels and no toiletries. The restaurant experience was bad as well, server had no clue what he was doing, and if you want to go the restaurants they either full or you have to eat after 9:30pm. If you ask the staff at the restaurants for something they will say we do not have it. People come from different resorts which makes it very crowded and not a high end hotel like you would expect. If you are looking for a stressful vacation this is where you go. Will not recommend this hotel to future travelers.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank kharkov76
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear kharkov76,

Thank you for your review of your stay at SLS Baha Mar.

I am sorry to read about the issues you had, as this is definitely not the level of service we like to deliver.

I understand you are still with us and would love to meet with you in person. Please ask for me next time you come to the front desk, as I would like to have the chance to make things right for you.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I am at the hotel with my family and friends as I type this review. We all are very disappointed with the service at the beach, pool and even some staff of concierge. We got here April 2nd and our room has been cleaned only onea but garbage hasnt been tacking out ones. We have to call for towels multiple times daily and sometimes dont get them anyway and have to reuse old ones. Our first night here we had reservations at Katsuya for our friends birthday at 9 30pm, we didnt get seated till 10 30pm and the food was just horrible. We have been to Katsuya in Miami, Los Angeles and loves it. Here in Bahamas all 8 of us thought it was horrible and fishe wasnt fresh. At the beach we have to wait for 40 minutes to get an umbrella and towels if we sont get ourselfs we wont get them at all. Time to get food at the bar or pool rest is over an hour minimum. The property itself is gorgeous but the service is just horrible. Will not be returning here again for sure. Met multiple people here that also said they will not be returning because of the services and they had the same issues as we do. Very disappointed in SLS Bahamar

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank beachgirl5652

Dear beachgirl5652,

Thank you for your review of your stay at SLS Baha Mar.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I Will say have to love being picked up on a GL Mercedes from the airport.
Hotel overall is new and clean. Bathrooms are odd, really need to get rid of the curtains instead of door concept.
Some of the staff was great, but evenly wasn't, in compassion to their way the cater to their guest at the Cove.
I will say the food was very good. I am a foodie and F'lia was on point eat their multiple nights. Katsuya is always pretty good.
Expensive drinks but par for the course in the Bahamas.
I would recommend the SLS for anyone traveling without kids.
Spa was outstanding from decor to services.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer K
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your nice review of SLS Baha Mar. I am so glad you enjoyed your time at the resort, the spa and our restaurants. I am sorry you did not find the service was even across all our outlets though, and I wanted to share with you we are currently in the process of upgrading our room product, which will include doors for the bathrooms.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you again soon to SLS Baha Mar.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I'm reading the excellent reviews of SLS, and I'm wondering if the guests are staying at the same property as my family. I am currently at the property as I type, and I've never been so disappointed in a luxury hotel in all my life.

To give perspective, when my husband and I first got married 22 years ago, we hopped a $75 roundtrip flight from Miami, and stayed at a horrible hotel. I said I would never come back to the Bahamas. Many years later, friends convinced us the Bahamas was a great travel destination and to give Atlantis a try. We did, 5 different times: the first stay was at the Royal Towers -- was not impressed, but the trip was enjoyable. The next stays were at the Cove and the Reef, which were much better experiences. However, after the last experience, we said we would not come back until the property was renovated. It was very dated, and my guess is that a lack of competition delayed renovations.

I was delighted to see that the properties at Baha Mar were opened. I could not wait for a new Bahamas experience. To say that we are disappointed is an understatement. This is not the experience of a 4-5 luxury property. I have stayed at other luxury properties in the Caribbean and Europe and this one ranks towards the bottom -- not because it doesn't have the potential to measure up, but SLS has probably done itself a disservice by opening before it was really ready.

Positives first -- the staff is courteous and helpful. However, they are simply not enough staff at the front desk, concierge, etc. Spa is wonderful. Kids love the pool areas -- several different pools. Bathroom toiletries are great! Grounds are clean and beautiful.

Whoever commented that reaching someone by phone is next to impossible shares my experience. It is virtually impossible to get anyone on the phone. Before arriving, I called the property several times to resolve booking issues. That should have been my clue. It was virtually impossible to reach anyone then. However, I have NEVER been at a property, even the worst of them, where when on property and I dial "0", I am not almost immediately greeted by someone on the other end of the phone. I've called at least 20 times where NO ONE picked up -- NO ONE! This is completely unacceptable. I just pray no one has an urgent issue. When we checked in, after finally reaching someone on the phone, it took over 5 hours after requesting a rollaway bed and extra towels to receive them.

The rooms are nice, but not 4-5 star quality. The wallpaper in our room is only partially glued on. It blows from the ceiling fan and will soon fall. I've been on two floors, and there are horrible stains on the carpet when walking down the halls. This is extremely disappointing for the caliber of hotel advertised. Weird elevator dynamic -- there is no external notification that one of four elevators has arrived. If you're not standing in the right spot, you will not know a door has opened. We've missed several, and it was just weird.

If you want to eat on site, PLEASE make dinner reservations before you get here if you are coming at a peak time. The restaurants have been booked to capacity, which generally means no waiting list. We finally got into Fi'Lia, and it was mediocre.

So, I'm now back saying it will be a while before I come back to the Bahamas. Contrary to this review, I'm not a complainer. I can generally make due with almost any situation, but it would just be nice to get some of what you pay for, with reasonable, minimum expectations for decent service.

My hope is that a few years from now, someone convinces me to give it another try, and when we return, it blows us away. Until then...

• Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank ckzsNort

Dear ckzsNort,

Thank you very much for your review and for bringing these issue to my attention.

I am very sorry to read about the bad experiences you have had during your stay, and I would like to have the opportunity to make this right for you. I understand you are still on property, I would love to have the chance of meeting with you before you depart - next time you pass by front desk, please ask for me, as I would like to greet you in person, and ensure the remainder of your stay, is up to the SLS standards we strive to deliver.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My friend decided on SLS for her birthday destination and boy oh boy you guys did not disappoint.The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, the hospitality from everyone was above and beyond. I had the pleasure of meeting Alvin from the concierge and Alina who help me plan the perfect surprise birthday dinner @ D’une restaurant and our Excursions as well. I had an awesome time and will def come back :)

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sd_1682
Richard A, General Manager at SLS Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello sdelva_82,

Wow thank you for the review! I am so pleased your friend had a great birthday with us and that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for the shootout to Alvin and Alina - they're both great indeed and I will pass your kind words on to them.

I hope to see you again very soon at SLS Baha Mar!