Part of me wants to tell you Compass Point is nothing special, and that you should book some mega-hotel like the Sheraton or Breezes on your Bahamas trip. But that is only because I want Compass Point to remain as quiet and wonderful as it is.
This place is nothing short of perfect. Went with daughters aged 7 and 9, and worried that this might be too slow-paced for them to stay entertained, but that was absolutely not the case. Because there aren't a lot of people, all sorts of interesting shells kept washing up, and the beach and hot tub were right outside our window. My husband and I could read with an eye on them and it was perfect for all.
All night, we listened to the waves on the shore. Our two bedroom elevated hut had an outdoor shower and the doors to the balcony opened up to a full view of the crystal blue waters. The sound system is amazing, apparently there is a musical past, so bring CDs or an iPod and enjoy that aspect of the rooms, which also have great AC systems.
The restaurant is very good. It is the only one close, so there isn't a ton of variety which some might see as a drawback. We loved the lobster and the lamb. There are places in town and Leo is happy to arrange transport. We took the bus, which was reliable and a good mini tour of the road to Nassau (passed a Subway, Starbucks and Wendy's at Cable Beach.) It makes sense to spend part of your first day picking up some groceries for snacks and lunches.
We split our time between Compass Point (for the adults) and Atlantis (for the kids). But we weren't at Compass Point long enough. Even one of the kids agreed that Compass Point was by far better, despite a distinct lack of water slides. I woke up in our room the first morning in Atlantis and it could have been Delaware, Pittsburgh -- anywhere. Compass Point is completely unique and wonderful.
So please, don't go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass Point is a 1.5 acre celebration of bold imagination. Its 18 huts, made up of two-story cottages and single cabanas, glow with vivid Junkanoo colors. It is the perfect choice for guests who value simplicity, comfort, creativty and romance. Its restarunt is one of the few in Nassau where you can dine overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Compass Point Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Beach Hotel Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Resort Nassau, Bahamas