“THE PRIVACY WAS FANTASTIC”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Norma T L
Central Islip, New York
“Nice place, a bit out of the way”
Reviewed 20 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This is a place for couples who need seclusion. The owners are great, kind caring people. For a single like myself, it was a great place to unwind.. Otherwise, it is not located next to much but a beach and a few restaurants that I didn't even get to try because of the incliment weather. A car is a must for this place, as the buses don't run around here like they should, especially on Sundays and taxis charge what they want. Maybe due to the bad weather or the fact that I didn't take the little garbage I had out on a daily basis, bugs were an issue. Come here when it's drier weather. Never been here before, so not used to these things.

20 Jul 2017
Hi Norma, I humbly apologize about the ants on the table that you mentioned to me on your last day, we have never had complaints about this before. However I agree it has been raining a lot and that could be the cause. As a precaution we have exterminated the entire cottage to be on the safe side.

Here is an excerpt from our Property Listing clearly stating a car is highly recommended and what you can expect to find nearby the cottage: "Located within minutes from the beach, a horse stable, food store, a few eateries including Dominos Pizza and the airport. A car rental is a must as downtown is about 20 minutes away and no public transportation is available in the area. Taxis can be very expensive."

It did seem like you were unaware of this and it was a pleasure for my husband and I to take you around and drop you off. Thank you again for choosing Hibiscus!
Melissa R
Jamaica, New York
“THE PRIVACY WAS FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

HIBISCUS was the perfect place for a relaxing vacation, The area was quiet and the walls were high enough. The ultimate couple's treat,
Inae was very helpful and her husband gave us great direction for fun times out.
Best for last, the pool was beautiful. The filter didn't seem to be strong enough though.
But we swam in it nearly every one of the days we stayed on the West Coral side of the island.
Suggestions - my husband and I are tall, 'a higher porcelain throne' would have been so nice.

Hope to be back soon

Your age range 50-64
20 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review Melissa I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We have noted your comment about the filter and have adjusted it accordingly. I am already working on getting your 'higher porcelain throne' :)) See you soon!
Torri K
Florida
“Charming cottage with lovely owners!”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I am delighted to extend my gratitude to Inae & her husband for a very relaxing stay. This property is very near to the Coral Harbor shopping center which has a small food store and some take out options which made staying here very convenient. We had a car so we were able to navigate from the airport easily and get around to visiting the beach and friends. I also want to highlight that I was able to cook Xmas eve dinner as the kitchen had all the basic tools to prepare food. So just as others have pointed out, this place is away from the busy downtown areas near the Wharf, Fish Fry etc. and is really a place to slow down, kick back, relax and enjoy the nice weather.

Shannon C
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“Great for couples looking to relax and enjoy each other's company!”
Reviewed 2 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days and we really enjoyed ourselves! The owners were very nice and friendly! The house was just the right size for the two of us and everything we needed was on site.the house was very clean.

Our only complaints were that the pool could of been cleaned better, and we didn't realize that the owners home was on the property.

If you like peace and quiet this is the place for you! But if u want to be near the action this place is a little bit of a drive from downtown so maybe not the place for you.

I would definitely recommend this villa!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 Aug 2016
Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. Please forgive my late response. We humbly apologize for the pool and please know this is not the norm for us.

Once again, thank you for choosing Hibiscus and we look forward to having you again!
Erin P
“Cute house with all the amenities”
Reviewed 12 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Hibiscus for one night before catching a flight. Even though it was a short stay, I would definitely recommend this house. After a few days in cat island and having stayed other places beforehand, it was extremely handy having the washing machine and dryer in the house so we could have clean clothes for the next leg of our journey.

The house itself is very cute, clean and the bed was super comfy!

Special thanks to Inae for being so lovely and helpful. She dropped off a bag with some bottles of water and soft drinks for us, and then arranged a taxi for the following morning to get us to the airport. When they couldn't get one by the morning on short notice, her husband drove us to the airport. They were very nice and thoughtful people, as are most Bahamians!

13 Jun 2016
Thanks to both of you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to complete a review!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing