My fiancee and I wanted to spend some time alone, away from work and an intense life in Washington DC.
We chose sandals for its "all inclusive" package and since we wanted to be treated special, we opted for the more expensive "butler service" which gave, according to the website, access to better rooms and personalized service.
First, the resort is overall nice and clean. the pools are large and well maintained. The architecture is a bit cheesy without much Bahamian touches but well planned.The private island is great and you would hope that the entire resort would be designed with the same simplicity (as all Club Meds are).
Second, beware of the website gorgeous pictures for the rooms. the reality is quite different and not as luxurious as depicted. that said, our suite was nice, spacious and simply decorated.
Third, if you are a foodie as we are, avoid this resort altogether. The food although free (the all inclusive thing) is blend, oily and specifically tasteless. The resort offers a choice of restaurants. This did not mean the food was any different in each of then, it was the same horrible stuff in different decors. The drinks however were plentiful and offered top shelf brands so you end up drinking your way through your stay. The free wine was very average but you can order better ones at an additional cost.(ouch, count a min of $45 per bottle for the entry upgrade)
And last and the worst of all, the service. As I said we bought the butler service which was advertised as "English trained" staff on the website. This service allows you to select better rooms, get a private pick up at the airport and have someone at our disposal during our stay (via a cellphone given to you). In a word the dream. The dream ended quickly after being welcomed. the butler assigned to us to welcome us was quickly replaced by two "part-time" butlers who clearly did not like their jobs and specifically did not try to make our stay special. They were glorified hotel concierges you can get for free in any good hotel around the world. The dislike of the job actually premeditated through the entire resort. Staff is not happy there and do not feel compel to make guests welcomed. I do not blame the staff for this because my feeling is that the Sandal's management is either under paying them or not treating them correctly or both. Unfortunately, at $1700 per day, that is completely unacceptable.
Conclusion: If you are self-sufficient and use the resort for the basics, you will actually be ok there. The drinks were descent, the grounds good and the rooms comfortable BUT do not pay extra for butler service because you will be very likely disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelsClick, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Nassau, Bahamas