“Very Disappointed! .......”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 December 2006

We were unimpressed with this hotel. Please take notice of the bad reviews...these people are telling it like it is!
Very poor quality rooms; tired, basic and not that clean. Yes, like alot of guests we had to change our room due to the fact that the front door wouldn't close!

The entertainment in the main bar area is very loud and goes on past midnight! If you do want an early night, forget it! The entertainment area is akin to a holiday camp with cheap plastic chairs that you would never expect to see in a hotel.

The overall appearance of the hotel is shabby and very tired, needs some serious money invested on a make over!

Food was average, Garden of Eden was ok, but hard to get into to. The hotel was that poor I seriously considered paying hundreds of pounds to get an early flight back home, we were there for 10 nights!

This is NOT a 4 star hotel, it struggles to earn a 3 star in my opinion.

Finally, I am very well travelled and overall thought that the Bahamas is very OVER RATED!...Nassau is very tired looking, not alot there, just a cruise ship stop with lots and lots and lots of tacky gift shops.

Would not go back!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank South1
Write a ReviewReviews (7,860)

Reviewed 13 December 2006

My cousin and I traveled to Breezes Bahamas and we had a wonderful time. We have already recommended the resort to our family, friends and co-workers; we have given brochures to all we have spoken to regarding this resort. We have traveled and stayed at Five Star All-Inclusive Resorts and this one should be rated Five Star plus! We have traveled at least twice a year for the last 5 years and Breezes Bahamas has been the best by far! If we could have gotten another flight, we would have stayed an extra night. We had no problems with our room; everything was clean and in proper working condition. We had read reviews about this resort (good & bad), but that did not keep us away. The food was very good with lots to choose from, so you can always find something you like to eat (we only ate buffet). All of the Staff in the buffet dining area were nice, personable, and did not keep you waiting for anything you needed. The hotel staff and entertainers were extremely friendly; they made our stay very enjoyable, especially Jennipher, Monica, Jerry-a true Diva!!, Keith, Marline, and the Security staff! The entertainment was great (especially the talented group of people who danced and sang). The beach was also beautiful and clean. We look forward to returning to Breezes and hope to see the same friendly, hard working staff. We genuinely enjoyed our entire stay at this resort. They treated us like family.
Jackie & Ellenore

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
9  Thank Ellenore
Reviewed 12 December 2006

My girlfriend and I booked our trip and after reading some of the reviews we became a little scared. However, like everything else there some good points as well as some negatives. So here is my honest review, I hope my insight will help anyone who reads this.
Drinks
We went to the bahamas all inclusive so we could eat and drink as much as possible. My biggest issue with Breezes Bahamas was the "top shelf" they offer. I will tell you what they are don’t have.
- Top quality vodkas (grey goose, ketel one, stoli).
- They had no malibu rum, Captain Morgan's or any bacardi products (while there is a bacardi factory on the island, they offer bacardi products in the gift shop, and they offer free bacradi drinks at the airport).
- They offer Kalick beer, a local beer which I was told was pretty good but few imported (bud, coors, becks)beer choices.
- They offer pina coladas and daqauri's but they are self serve with appleton rums.
They are lacking in quiet a few areas to be called top shelf but the do make very strong drinks and they are FREE so that makes it a little bit better.
Rooms
We went for 4 days we arrived on Friday we requested a ocean view room
-the room we had was in need of renovation (as most reviewers have stated)
- clean and everything worked.
-We requested a King sized bed and got 2 full sized beds, very disappointing.
-view from our balcony was breathtaking.
-The staff told us that they we booked until our second day there and there was nothing they could do.
-I would say the room is equivalent to a red roof inn, days inn, best western just to give you an idea. Average nothing special but clean.
I am a little picky with my food, only because in my area there are lots of options for all types of food and all the food is well made so I am a little critical.
The buffet
-food was ok. Lots of variety.
Pastafari
-was terrible it not very good Italian food, like ragu out of the jar.
Garden of eden
-food was great, excellent food and atmosphere.
Poolside grill
-burgers and fries were ok.
Entertainment
The staff was really fun, if you choose to participate you can have more fun. They play games to win tokens which can be exchanged for free souvenirs.
Pools
Pools and hot tub were a little dirty, they had sand and oil but that’s to be expected at a hotel pool right on the water.
The Piano bar and Hurricane disco
They piano bar was a personal highlight for me. There you can sit around the piano and be entertained by a singer who sings classic songs such as Billy Joel, Elton John, Lionel Richie, just to name a few. The disco is great for dancing, they play new music, up beat and lots of dancing. Two different types of bar both lots of fun.
You get what you pay for!!! For the price it is really good. If you want to stay in a upscale resort stay somewhere else. If you want an average place to stay, within a short distance to downtown, and walking distance to a casino, this is place for you. It will be fun if you make it fun, otherwise you will be very disappointed. I hope this review will help you, it is as accurate as possible from my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
16  Thank jdmrent
Reviewed 8 December 2006

I was shocked at how horrible this resort was, I mean horrible! I have never stayed in such a dump. Most of the guest are a bunch of drunk right of high school kids. The food was gross, the rooms were gross and we had to switch rooms 3 times because of no air conditioning! The poor fitness instructor couldn't teach due to the drunk teens spilling drinks all over the workout area. The staff have no manners. Yuck! I couldn't wait to get back home! There are so many nice hotels in the Bahamas, spend your money wisely and stay somewhere other than Breezes. Superclubs should be ashamed!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LUVthebeachtoo
Reviewed 5 December 2006

We booked 9 nights for Nov. 15-24, 2006, but ended up paying an extra $830 to book air to come home 4 days early... Service was horrible and our room was beyond "needing some maintenance." Reported a cockroach and loss of all water pressure one day (couldn't shower, brush teeth or flush toilet for several hours) to the manager on shift. She thanked me for my comments but offered no resolution, not even a change of rooms.

Good luck making reservations for their "2 wonderful restaurants" at the resort. Every AM (you have to make reservations in person) we were told, "Sorry. We're fully booked tonight." Strange, given the resort itself was pretty empty while we were there.

If you are on a tight budget and seek just a place to stay, this might be a good choice for you. If you seek some quality for what you spend (it's not cheap to go to Nassau!) then you should choose another resort. I wouldn't stay here again even if they offered me some comp nights.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
7  Thank tlclark73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7.6 km away
4.8 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
7.7 km away
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island
1.9 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!