“Breezes ROCKS”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Breezes is a GREAT resort to visit. My wife and I just got back from a trip from the Bahamas and stayed at Breezes for 4 nights. We had an absolutely amazing time, the views from the pool and beach are phenomenal. Food was excellent, and they have activities and entertainment all day and every evening. They actually have staffed "entertainers" and it is there job to make your feel welcome and keep you entertained. They have different live shows every night. They do an excellent job!! If you do go and get a chance make sure to meet Larry and Reno. Those two guys are a blast and so much fun, made our trip so entertaining. We would come back in a second. Especially if your looking for a quick get away (from kids) and a very reasonable rate, some of the furniture and décor is a little dated but all very clean and staff there was excellent, everyone was nice, friendly and helpful. All and all excellent experience and we will return.

Room Tip: ocean front is gorgeous view!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mfeleppa
Write a ReviewReviews (7,953)

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We had a little disaster when we first arrived at Nassau our luggage had been left in Miami, so we had nothing to change into for a day and night, altho this wasnt the hotels fault at all and they were extremely accommodating towards us and as soon as the suitcases arrived at the hotel they were brought up and put in our suite.
The hotel itself is a little dated but our suite was lovely and clean with a beautiful view of the ocean in both the bedroom and lounge, everything worked and the super large bed was incredibly comfortable. The food was excellent with a different theme every day we thoroughly enjoyed it, the beach was lovely and quiet as they have a no children under 14 policy i think? But we enjoyed the peace and quiet and will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiddy63
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Front Desk:

I visited the Bahamas for the first time for my birthday. I landed 3 hours prior to check in and my room wasn't ready. The front desk agent let me know that my room was upgraded from garden view to ocean view so No biggy...i was able to drink and eat at the buffet. but as 3:40pm approached and I still had no room and i was aggravated. The room I finally got was a queen "ocean view" room" with half view of a broken down building with a glimpse of the ocean. I called front desk and inquired about the king room I should've gotten, which is when they said they had no king rooms available.I thought my birthday trip was about to take a turn for the worse. of course i expressed my disappointment.

Next day I was told that I was being moved to a king room-YAY. The room was to die for-much more spacious, an actual view of the beach and near the pools and bars.(Which ever manager made that possible on 10/11/17 THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Entertainment Staff: WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN??
LAVANDA,Q, OSCAR, ROSS, The Marvelous MARVIN, RENO, LARRY, and KEY --The main reason why i had an unforgettable trip was because of this team. absolutely the definition of going above and beyond. Whatever you're paying them, it is simply not enough. PLEASE GIVE THEM A RAISE.

FUNKY D and his band are in a league of their own. what a voice, what a waistline! It is very delightful to watch him perform. My family and I will most likely return just to watch him sing "The Big Bamboo"

The Food:
The food was so-so. except at the Caribbean grill.(The burgers were tasty)

The Bartenders:

Have Angela make her "special drink". don't ask what's in it, she'll simply tell you its a special. Devon and the other gentlemen at the lobby bar are a funny team- absolutely have them make you a Breezes Blue!

**IF YOU'RE SEEKING BEACH, RELAXATION, SOME FUN, and ENTERTAINMENT then this is the resort for you. don't expect glitz and glam when walking into the hotel. this property is in desperate need of a renovation BUT most of the staff definitely makes up for that.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a pool view instead of ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nessa R
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I’m currently staying at the hotel. Due to an employee’s mistake I was injured yesterday. The pool has filters in the cement around the pool. A negligent employee didn’t feel the need to screw the top back on after the filter basket was emptied... for obvious reasons my feet were wet when I got out of the pool yesterday and the unsecured top slipped off resulting in my foot/leg falling in the hole in the cement, my foot breaking thru the basket and leg getting stuck in the exposed cement hole! The entertainment staff by the pool were helpful in getting me a wheelchair and getting me to the nurse but the helpfulness stops there. The wheelchair they gave me broke today and after requesting to see the hotel manager 4 hours ago, not as much as a phone call!!! Was told yesterday that “we would sit down and talk before I left”. I don’t want to talk then, it’s too late. The hotel was negligent and I am the one paying for it by the pain and complete inconvenience of now not being able to get my foot wet! Certainly not the experience I had expected. I’m here celebrating with my best friends and now forced to sit on the sidelines and watch others have fun. Very disappointed in the management after a preventable accident derailed my vacation fun.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Denise K
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Just back from a weekend with the girls! Had a fantastic time.

Hotel staff was as usual so friendly, warm and loving!

Food is always good, the Beach Shack everything here is good!

The Buffet, always tasty and full of variety!

Had a great meal at the Garden of Eden, everything that everyone of us had was delicious!

And you can't beat Cable Beach! The colors of the Caribbean never disappoint!

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

People keep coming back as its a great place to hang back and have fun!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7.6 km away
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
8.3 km away
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 36 in Nassau
7.7 km away
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#4 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.8 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!