“Temporary Trip Ended With Permanent Friends.....”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Front Desk:

I visited the Bahamas for the first time for my birthday. I landed 3 hours prior to check in and my room wasn't ready. The front desk agent let me know that my room was upgraded from garden view to ocean view so No biggy...i was able to drink and eat at the buffet. but as 3:40pm approached and I still had no room and i was aggravated. The room I finally got was a queen "ocean view" room" with half view of a broken down building with a glimpse of the ocean. I called front desk and inquired about the king room I should've gotten, which is when they said they had no king rooms available.I thought my birthday trip was about to take a turn for the worse. of course i expressed my disappointment.

Next day I was told that I was being moved to a king room-YAY. The room was to die for-much more spacious, an actual view of the beach and near the pools and bars.(Which ever manager made that possible on 10/11/17 THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Entertainment Staff: WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN??
LAVANDA,Q, OSCAR, ROSS, The Marvelous MARVIN, RENO, LARRY, and KEY --The main reason why i had an unforgettable trip was because of this team. absolutely the definition of going above and beyond. Whatever you're paying them, it is simply not enough. PLEASE GIVE THEM A RAISE.

FUNKY D and his band are in a league of their own. what a voice, what a waistline! It is very delightful to watch him perform. My family and I will most likely return just to watch him sing "The Big Bamboo"

The Food:
The food was so-so. except at the Caribbean grill.(The burgers were tasty)

The Bartenders:

Have Angela make her "special drink". don't ask what's in it, she'll simply tell you its a special. Devon and the other gentlemen at the lobby bar are a funny team- absolutely have them make you a Breezes Blue!

**IF YOU'RE SEEKING BEACH, RELAXATION, SOME FUN, and ENTERTAINMENT then this is the resort for you. don't expect glitz and glam when walking into the hotel. this property is in desperate need of a renovation BUT most of the staff definitely makes up for that.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a pool view instead of ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nessa R
Write a ReviewReviews (7,853)

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I’m currently staying at the hotel. Due to an employee’s mistake I was injured yesterday. The pool has filters in the cement around the pool. A negligent employee didn’t feel the need to screw the top back on after the filter basket was emptied... for obvious reasons my feet were wet when I got out of the pool yesterday and the unsecured top slipped off resulting in my foot/leg falling in the hole in the cement, my foot breaking thru the basket and leg getting stuck in the exposed cement hole! The entertainment staff by the pool were helpful in getting me a wheelchair and getting me to the nurse but the helpfulness stops there. The wheelchair they gave me broke today and after requesting to see the hotel manager 4 hours ago, not as much as a phone call!!! Was told yesterday that “we would sit down and talk before I left”. I don’t want to talk then, it’s too late. The hotel was negligent and I am the one paying for it by the pain and complete inconvenience of now not being able to get my foot wet! Certainly not the experience I had expected. I’m here celebrating with my best friends and now forced to sit on the sidelines and watch others have fun. Very disappointed in the management after a preventable accident derailed my vacation fun.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Denise K
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Just back from a weekend with the girls! Had a fantastic time.

Hotel staff was as usual so friendly, warm and loving!

Food is always good, the Beach Shack everything here is good!

The Buffet, always tasty and full of variety!

Had a great meal at the Garden of Eden, everything that everyone of us had was delicious!

And you can't beat Cable Beach! The colors of the Caribbean never disappoint!

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

People keep coming back as its a great place to hang back and have fun!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I write to thank and congratulate the management and owners on establishing a remarkable sales and banqueting team in the persons of Hedda Smith, Tiffany Hanchell, and Delvon Miller as well as Lee and Regeno. They were consistently available and willing and able to ensure the Orthopedic Conference received five star quality service.

Mr. Miller and Tiffany were always a phone call or email away the entire weekend.

The food was also very good and Lisl in the Cafeteria willingly went above expectations in service.

Thank you for ensuring this conference was a success.

Blessings
Veda West
Conference Facilitator

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My Mom and I were part of a large group staying at Breezes last week for a wedding, I was prepared for the hotel to be on the older side and in need of some updating. We were informed at check-in that we could not have a room with double beds as we requested, as they only had rooms with king beds available. They did offer to roll a cot into the room, but my Mom and I declined.
Nice ocean view, however the "balcony" is only about 6 inches wide. We had to ask multiple times for an extra pillow and some extra flat sheets. There was some mold present on the curtains, but it is a high humidity area.
The room was warm although the A/C was set to 60 and on full blast and that should have been my first indication that there was an issue. We were informed later that night by another guest, not the hotel, that the A/C was broken but they were working on it. For the next 2 days we had to deal with no air and when repeatedly asking staff for updates were given none, and no accommodation of any kind. Rooms remained so hot and humid that the tile floors and all our clothing were perpetually damp/wet. Customer service was not this hotel's strong point. Showers do not drain quickly and can flood, some rooms had leaking toilets.
The specialty restaurants are only open on alternating nights/very hard to get into with a larger party even if you call ahead. Bartenders very good at ignoring guests. Staff excellent at passing the buck as opposed to actually doing anything.

After seeing the brand new Baha Mar next door it was hard to even go back to Breezes.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful, but don't expect to sit out on the balcony, don't choose a room nea...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank ericag276
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7.6 km away
4.8 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
7.7 km away
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island
1.9 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!