8,616 results
All reviews garden of eden funky d entertainment staff pool grill rock climbing summer breeze visited breezes piano bar the main dining room board games jerk chicken booze cruise conch fritters ping pong a la carte restaurants nightly entertainment straw market
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I’m currently staying at the hotel. Due to an employee’s mistake I was injured yesterday. The pool has filters in the cement around the pool. A negligent employee didn’t feel the need to screw the top back on after the filter basket was emptied... for obvious reasons my feet were wet when I got out of the pool yesterday and the unsecured top slipped off resulting in my foot/leg falling in the hole in the cement, my foot breaking thru the basket and leg getting stuck in the exposed cement hole! The entertainment staff by the pool were helpful in getting me a wheelchair and getting me to the nurse but the helpfulness stops there. The wheelchair they gave me broke today and after requesting to see the hotel manager 4 hours ago, not as much as a phone call!!! Was told yesterday that “we would sit down and talk before I left”. I don’t want to talk then, it’s too late. The hotel was negligent and I am the one paying for it by the pain and complete inconvenience of now not being able to get my foot wet! Certainly not the experience I had expected. I’m here celebrating with my best friends and now forced to sit on the sidelines and watch others have fun. Very disappointed in the management after a preventable accident derailed my vacation fun.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Denise K
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Just back from a weekend with the girls! Had a fantastic time.

Hotel staff was as usual so friendly, warm and loving!

Food is always good, the Beach Shack everything here is good!

The Buffet, always tasty and full of variety!

Had a great meal at the Garden of Eden, everything that everyone of us had was delicious!

And you can't beat Cable Beach! The colors of the Caribbean never disappoint!

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

People keep coming back as its a great place to hang back and have fun!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I write to thank and congratulate the management and owners on establishing a remarkable sales and banqueting team in the persons of Hedda Smith, Tiffany Hanchell, and Delvon Miller as well as Lee and Regeno. They were consistently available and willing and able to ensure the Orthopedic Conference received five star quality service.

Mr. Miller and Tiffany were always a phone call or email away the entire weekend.

The food was also very good and Lisl in the Cafeteria willingly went above expectations in service.

Thank you for ensuring this conference was a success.

Blessings
Veda West
Conference Facilitator

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My Mom and I were part of a large group staying at Breezes last week for a wedding, I was prepared for the hotel to be on the older side and in need of some updating. We were informed at check-in that we could not have a room with double beds as we requested, as they only had rooms with king beds available. They did offer to roll a cot into the room, but my Mom and I declined.
Nice ocean view, however the "balcony" is only about 6 inches wide. We had to ask multiple times for an extra pillow and some extra flat sheets. There was some mold present on the curtains, but it is a high humidity area.
The room was warm although the A/C was set to 60 and on full blast and that should have been my first indication that there was an issue. We were informed later that night by another guest, not the hotel, that the A/C was broken but they were working on it. For the next 2 days we had to deal with no air and when repeatedly asking staff for updates were given none, and no accommodation of any kind. Rooms remained so hot and humid that the tile floors and all our clothing were perpetually damp/wet. Customer service was not this hotel's strong point. Showers do not drain quickly and can flood, some rooms had leaking toilets.
The specialty restaurants are only open on alternating nights/very hard to get into with a larger party even if you call ahead. Bartenders very good at ignoring guests. Staff excellent at passing the buck as opposed to actually doing anything.

After seeing the brand new Baha Mar next door it was hard to even go back to Breezes.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful, but don't expect to sit out on the balcony, don't choose a room near the lobby as there is loud music at night
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank ericag276
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The best part of the resort is the staff! They are always happy and inviting!! They keep the place clean and are always helpful if you ask for suggestions about the area.
We stayed 7 nights. We ate breakfast in the buffet every morning except when we came in before buffet hours for "continental". There is plenty of it, fruit and whole grains for healthier choices. The biggest negative was the coffee and ice tea were awful, my guess is they are from a mix.
Lunch at buffet was unimpressive, but the poolside grill was dependably edible.
Dinner buffet had a good selection, prime rib night made my husband happy. Always something healthy to eat if you need to watch cholesterol.
Al la carte dining was great, but limited menu. Garden of Eden was packed for the 7:30 seating: we got a seat but saw others arriving at 7:40 getting turned away until the 9pm seating. Food was excellent. Italian place was not crowded at all the next night for 7:30. Great salad bar, all very good. We went to Japanese restaurant twice because it was so good! Palmrick was our waiter and was very good at his job. They make stir fry to order, plus a few other dishes. The restaurant is outside the lobby, but definitely worth finding It!
The pool and other water sports staff were wonderful. They clearly enjoy their jobs.
The towel situation is weird. We had to check out towels and then turn them in or incur a room charge. It did NOT leave a good impression and I think they can come up with a better system.
Alcohol/drinks are included in miniature cups. You can buy a water bottle at the gift shop for $8 or $12 insulated: I would suggest bringing your own from home!
The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The tv is too small to read sports scores and the picture would flicker every once in a while. The a/C was having problems, but staff provided a floor fan to help us deal.
Drivers are crazy. Don't rent a car unless you really need it. Negotiate cab/towncar price BEFORE you get in the car - some will charge you twice as much! From the airport, our towncar we accepted was $25.00 and taxi back was $26.00. However, we turned down one at $45 & one at $40.
There is a bus stop a few yards from the front lobby. You can go into town or to fish fry area for $1.25 on the #10 bus. It can be packed, so be prepared to squeeze in. The buses come every few minutes, so you wont wait long. You must get off at the end of the line in town and reboard if you want to go back around the loop (and pay again).
There is a free shuttle to Baha Mar. They have a Starbucks if you need decent coffee! The casino is beautiful, or just walking around the inside looking at art work or their outside gardens is enjoyable. A manager encouraged us to snorkel along their man-made reef. We saw a turtle, trumpetfish, French angels, grunts, parrot fish, and many more. The resorts all seem very neighborly and it was nice that they work together.
We went out with Stuart Coves and also Bahamas Divers. Both have shuttle vans that pick you up for free.
Overall, the resort was fun, conveniently located, has a good relationship with the island businesses and for the price it was as expected.

Room Tip: West wing, west side was warmer at night but less bright light early in morning.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple