8,613 results
All reviews garden of eden funky d entertainment staff pool grill rock climbing summer breeze visited breezes piano bar the main dining room board games jerk chicken booze cruise conch fritters ping pong a la carte restaurants nightly entertainment straw market
Reviewed 28 August 2005

OKAY FOLKS, I HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM NASSAU....yes you heard it right I JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR FROM NASSAU! I couldn't believe it, it was the VACATION OF A LIFETIME. My stay at superclubs breezers was SUPERB. I read a few post earlier and I though I was going to have the most horrible trip ever. I read how there were drunken teens on spring break drinking and messing up the public area. But you need to keep in mind that its OUR FAULT we didn't teach our kids how to behave when they go abroad because the only drunken kids were foreigners from other countries who were staying at the hotel and not Bahamians. The staff was excellent, the food was GREAT although I could ask for more Bahamian style dishes...you know you can get a cheese burger back home in Houston. The place was BUZZING WITH ACTIVITIES plus, I have never seen a cleaner beach and it was miles long. It was like you was on the caribbean version of the vegas strip...hahaha. It was excellent. YES i had hot running water and YES I had Air conditioning. The weirdest thing is that a tropical storm passed through the country on my last two days there and the hotel still had us and rest of the guest active making sure we didn't get bored. My housekeeper Edlyn was hilarious, me and my wife wanted to take her home with us. That was because she was THAT GOOD! Some of those bad experiences must have been lies because I didn't experience any of them. But i guess you can't please everybody! I recommend the Super Clubs Breezers Hotel to anybody who wants to have fun on their vacation to the bahamas

18  Thank Trip11186
Reviewed 23 August 2005

My friend and I stayed at Breezes during our vacation mid August.
The Bad:
To begin we realized we had the room closest to the main lobby where all of the nightly entertainment took place so we got to hear some newlywed singing Kenny Rogers ballads to his wife during karoke on our first night, all night. We didn't change rooms because we kept hearing stories from some of the other guests mostly that the air didn't work in their rooms and ours worked just fine so we stayed put. The rooms are way past needing renovation and you really get the feeling you are in a motor lodge in some remote town along a desolate highway. It took us 32 hours to get washcloths. There was a two inch gap from the room door and the floor. We had to manually fix our toilet, almost everytime we flushed or it would have run continuously. We called the first time this happened and was told someone would be right up-never saw them. My room was entered twice by unannounced staff-lets just call that happenstance.
The Good:
Surprisingly the beds are very comfortable. Despite the rooms I slept well each night. Most of the staff was cordial and the bartenders, Bernard and Dwight were absolutely delightful. They work the pool bar and you have to get Bernard to make you a Pineapple Cham. Hanging out at the pool is a must, its where we met the coolest people. I love the private beach and be sure to sign up for the Booze Cruise with Rosco - just hang out on the beach for an hour or so he will find you. The booze cruise was great and no one is too old for it! Must do the pajama party. We stumbled upon this one night in search of food and caught the "male review." Great laughs. The food at the pool is good and swim up bar even better. The pool closes around nine and great timing to move the party to the jacuzzi which is open all night but no hanky panky it is guarded very closely by security or at least I think so. Lets just say there was a guard hanging out there now whether he was still on the clock, I don't know.
To sum it all up I did enjoy my trip. The condition of the room and slow service didn't stop us from having a good time. If you plan to go anytime soon don't get an ocean view room. Judging from previous postings this has been out for months and probably not going to be fixed anytime soon. If you are the type of person that is rarely in your room and don't rely on room service much- you'll enjoy. That is if you get the room at a rate you just can't pass up.

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank Extraordinary24492
Reviewed 22 August 2005

Room: Do not expect an air-conditioned room. My boyfriend and I switched rooms four times before we got a semi-cool room. Everyone we met had the same problem. The room overall was not very comfortable.

Food: The breakfast buffet and Pastafari were okay. Everything else was not good.

Alcohol: Do not expect to be served Domestic beer/Coronas...only Kalik.

Relaxation: The nightly entertainment is loud enough to keep the whole island awake. We didn't get much rest at all.

Overall: The people were really nice.

4  Thank Voyage22749
Reviewed 22 August 2005

OK...so I know there are a lot of mixed reviews about Breezes...so let me try to clear things up. I just got back this morning and I had a great time. A vacation is as good as you make it...so we made it a good time. Here are some of the goods and bads:

Bad:
The room air conditioning was not that great...but we were never hot in our room. They gave us a fan, which was just fine. i am incredibly spoiled and need to have ac all the time, so I was nervous about the air cnditioning..but it was not that bad at all. The main lobby was not air conditioned at all, but was covered and there was always a nice breeze, so that did not bother us too much. The hotel definitley need refurbishing,...it is old and outdated. The food was not great...but was not too bad either. But, every meal we had there satisfied us.

Good:
The beach was beautiful and the pool was really nice. Out by the beach were watersports which were great and most of them were free (except for jetskiing) I read in another review that the drinks were weak...and believe me that was not the case at all for me. We did ask the bartenders to make the drinks strong...and they did. The satff was a little slow moving...but they were good.

Overall I have to say that I was satiisfied with my trip. I got this trip as a gift so I enjoyed every minute of it, but I take it that this resort is perfect for the money that you pay. You can easliy stay at Atlantis and be surrounded by the best of everything ...if you can afford that. If not, Breezes is a great place to stay for the money. I would reccomend it to my friends who are looking for an economical place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank Melanthony
Reviewed 21 August 2005

From New Jersey, what a good getaway from this busy state, Left jersey on the 3rd of august and left breezes on the 9th. Worth the money the food was out each day an prepared nice an fresh. It is good for the young crowd i see people on here complaining about the a/c, heat, an the people. All i have to say to that is you are on vacation going to a place where it is blazing hot, and the people there just want you to have fun. I would highly recommend going into town, near the atlantis it takes you from the resort for one dollar. It is very safe however, you can get tangeled up in the people wanting to sell you everything. The straw market is a very good experience. We also did the dolphine encounters and stewarts cove both were well worth it. They let you really experience both interactions. The night life is also great, they have vollyball, DRINKING, dancing, the club, Kaliks, two restaurants, the casino is within 5 minutes walking distance. There is plenty to do as long as you want to do it. As far as the rooms it is a place to sleep, dont get me wrong they are nice, our a/c was fine, we had a nice view or the ocean and they clean your room spotless each day, the bed was comfy. However, one should not be spending much time in there, get out an enjoy. The food was crazy, plus they have late night from 11-5 am pretty much anything you could imagine was there. We also we jet skiing, which cost extra but well worth it. The beach an water was so clean an very relaxing. I went to the renissance jamaice grande last year, an in comparison this place was much smaller, however in jamaica it was very risky to leave the resort. But again plenty to do, these people bend over backwards for us. Overall i would highly recommend this place if you really want to either relax, get wasted or just enjoy their culture. Matt from New Jersey email me if you would like some photos or info.......

19  Thank mschulz24