8,624 results
All reviews garden of eden funky d entertainment staff pool grill rock climbing summer breeze visited breezes piano bar the main dining room board games jerk chicken booze cruise conch fritters ping pong a la carte restaurants nightly entertainment straw market
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for 9 days from april 17-26.

The hotel for sure needs a renovation, so I would say today it's only a 3*, but besides that there's not much to complain about: staff ware friendly, the room was clean and the food was good.

We arrived during the last days of spring break, so there still were a lof of schoolkids, who made terrible noise and had way too many drinks, but you can't blame the hotel for this off course.

One downside: the staff wasn't able to keep the pool clean during the day.

Spa was ok, we didn't care for the entertainment, which was a bit loud.

I did 10 dives with Stuart Cove's, perfect organisation. We made a tour in Nassau, which was fun.

I had higher expectations for this hotel, but value was still ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erik_BE
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My 18 yr old dau and I stayed at Breezes April 9-15th, which was the last week of Spring break. I had been reading the reviews since late January so knew what to expect. Transportation from the airport to the resort was quick and smooth. We were first in line to check-in. I had booked the trip with Apple Vacation so I was surprised when the gal behind the desk asked me if I had something in writing showing we had a reservation for that date. I pulled out the Apple itinerary and the gal took off with it coming back a few minutes later with copy in hand. Then she dropped the bad news about not having an oceanfront room available but I'd be refunded $50 for the difference (turned out to be $35) and would need a letter from them at check-out to give the travel agent as the refund would come from Apple. It took 45 mins of standing at the front desk the day we checked out to get the letter. Our reserved oceanfront room would be available the next morning and a bellboy would be at our door at 9:00 to move us. Since I'd read the reviews and had seen this was a frequent occurrence I wasn't surprised and took it in stride but I think management needs to know how disappointing it is to have an oceanfront room reserved and dream about your vacation for months only to arrive and be told the room you reserved isn't available. We were given an oceanview room on the 3rd floor of the West tower. Colyn carried our bags and when we got to our room neither key card worked so he ran downstairs to get new key cards and came back with two maint guys. The new key cards didn't work either but thanks to Colyn's foresight the maint guys were able remedy the situation in short order. The gal at the front desk forgot to give me a lock for the safe and I didn't know to ask so had to carry our valuables around until we got in our new room the next day. The next morning when 9:00 rolled around we were sitting in our room, bags packed ready to be moved. At 9:15 I decided to go down to the front desk and see what the delay was. The guy behind the front desk knew nothing about changing our room. He did find 3 oceanfront rooms available but we needed to wait for them to be cleaned. I decided I better ask if the rooms had 2 beds. None of the 3 did. He had to get the manager involved and she found an oceanfront room with 2 beds but it wouldn't be available until 1:30. At 1:30 I checked back and the room was ready on the 6th floor of the East tower and I also got a lock for the safe. We moved ourselves as no one was available and we wanted to get settled in right away so we could get on with our vacation. Both rooms were sparse but I didn't have a problem with it. The TV reception wasn't good but we didn't come to the Bahamas to watch TV. The 2nd day in the oceanfront room the bed spreads disappeared but were brought back later and they'd been freshly laundered and were still warm. Our maid for our 6th floor room was very friendly and I wish I'd gotten her name so I could mention it here. We wished we'd brought our own shampoo & conditioner as what was provided, Breck brand combined shampoo/conditioner, left our hair feeling dry. The last night we were there the hair dryer in our bathroom went bad and started smoking. I reported it to the front desk and it was repaired/replaced before 10:00 the next morning. My only real complaint about both rooms is the beds. In many of the reviews it had been mentioned how hard and uncomfortable the beds were and let me tell you they were not exaggerating! I've never had such a hard, uncomfortable bed in a hotel/resort in my life and I'm 55 yrs old. My dau and I both had to see a chiropractor when we returned and I can honestly say I will NEVER return to this resort until the mattresses are replaced.

Regarding the food. The reviews are correct about the breakfast buffet being the best food of the day and the dinner buffet being the least. I have to admit to being a picky eater but I was always able to find something to eat even if it was the salad bar. That said this is my first vacation ever that I didn't gain a single pound. My dau is an even more picky eater and she did have a problem finding food to eat. She ate a lot of fries from the pool grill and I think she actually lost weight. We didn't make it to the Garden of Eden because I didn't think my dau would find anything on the menu to eat. We did go to Martino's twice. I didn't care for the chicken parmesan but the filet & shrimp was good. My dau got the beef lasagna both times. We didn't have a reservation either time. We showed up 10 min after the seating time and since there were tables available both times we were seated. I think it also helped that we were nicely dressed and not wearing t-shirts and cut off's. Our server the first night was James, and he was terrific. The gal we had the second night was good, too, but I can't remember her name.

The staff was gracious and friendly. Our room and the resort were clean. The beach was beautiful. The drinks were plentiful and tasty. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment especially the Junkanoo parade the last night we were there. I'd say half the people at the resort were teenage Spring breakers but I had no problem with them. The other half were people ranging in age from 30-80. We heard people speaking in German, Spanish and Chinese and there were at least 2 wedding while we were there. We enjoyed looking at the diamond jewelry (they had black & chocolate diamonds) in one gift shop and the items made by local artists in the other gift shop. We brought our own beach towels so didn't have to deal with signing out beach towels at the pool.

We took the bus ($1.25 person/each way) to the zoo, which was $16 per person and they take Visa. We saw the marching flamingos, parrots, black swans and lots of peacocks. We arrive just as they were doing the bird feeding where you go into this big caged area and hold out slices of apple. The birds fly to you and sit on your hand to eat the apple. Another day my dau went snorkeling with another guest, Nancy from NJ, in the roped off area in front of the resort and they found 7 starfish. They brought them up to the shore for us to see but then put them back. We took the bus downtown to the straw market and went into the McDonalds there to get free wifi. But the highlight of our trip was swimming with the dolphins through Dolphin Encounters, which I booked and paid for online before we left. My dau said it was the highlight of her life and we did it together.

So in a nutshell we had a great time and if a hard bed doesn't bother you and you aren't a picky eater then this is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank H0garth
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review Of Superclubs Breezes Bahamas.Please accept our profuse apologies for the initial challenges.We can confirm that we have an on-going program for the
the replacement of bedding on an as needed basis.Please be assured that your constructive
observations will be shared with the entire team and we will be effecting changes as are
required.
Best Regards,
Jackson Weech

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I would have happily supply the photos,exept my camera was stolen from the hotels recreation room area within the first hour of our stay along with my american passport and the set of keys.Without getting into two many details,the service at the hotel was awful.The most horrifying is the hotel,s emplyees attitude,both arrogant and incompetent,The happy exception was the hotel's assitant manager Ms.Minns,lovely and willing to help. I wish the rest of the personnel would follow suit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hermesburg
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,
In futherance of fairness of reporting we would wish to highlght the following:
1.The camera and passport to which reference is made was removed from a public area
after having been left unattended by the owner thereof.As with valuables in any public domain
it is suggested that due care and caution are taken with such items.
2.The resort rendered asssistance that included assigning a manager to walk the reporting
process through with both the local authorities and American embassy officials for the
replacement of the passport that was left unattennded.
It is unfortunate that after not having paid due care with personal effects our valued customer is attributing such shortcoming to Breezes Bahamas.
Regards,
Jackson Weech

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just back yesterday from a wonderful week in Nassau with my 2 girlfriends! We are all seasoned travelers, and as a flight attendant I feel that I can be considered somewhat of an expert on rating hotels :)

The Facility: A bit dated and warn, Breezes is reminiscent of a cruise ship circa 1985. With a huge new complex being built as of this writing, I'm sure there are no big plans to update in the near future. With that being said, the appearance of the resort is nothing fancy or spectacular, but the staff make sure to work round the clock to be sure that it is well maintained. The pool area and beaches are clean, with plenty of chairs for relaxing. The pool itself was clean and free of debris. The rooms have plenty of space to spread out, but the beds/pillows and decor leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure when they open their new facility they will update bedding. This didn't concern my girlfriends and I at all, as we only went to our rooms to sleep! The room was clean, free of bugs, had a great bathroom, and the odor that is mentioned in other reviews is typical of Caribbean resorts and although detectable, not bothersome.

The Food: Okay...now...this is not a 5 star restaurant. This is an all inclusive buffet style resort. The food was MORE THAN ADEQUATE! The whiners in the previous reviews must just be downright miserable people, because if you go hungry here, that's on YOU, not Breezes. The sheer amount of choices was fantastic! At each breakfast you had the standard made to order egg station, cereals, oatmeal, grits, breakfast meats, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, fish, muffins, and some local Bahamian dishes. Lunch at the Grill included conch fritters, fries, Hot dogs, hamburgers, and your choice of Jerk Chicken, Caesar, or Crab Salads. The dinner buffet offered a HUGE salad bar, cheese bar, a pasta bar, many steamed vegetable choices, side dishes, and your choice of meat ranging from Lamb, pork, chicken, ham or fish, all prepared in a variety of ways with Bahamian flare. Everything we tried was freshly prepared, tasty, and if we came across something we didn't particularly care for, we simply went back and got something else! We had dinner in the Italian restaurant one evening and found the service to be outstanding, and the food just okay. We actually rather preferred the buffet!

The Staff: WE CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE STAFF!!! from Angela at the Pool Bar, Edwin at the Trapeze, and Ashton in the restaurant and everyone in between, they were all so friendly and accommodating! Fun loving and warm, you will be greeted with a smile and a hello from every staff member you encounter! They made the trip very memorable. Once again, the whiners in the other reviews probably don't like themselves, let alone anyone else, and if they could find something bad to say about the staff in general, SKIP THEIR REVIEW.

The Clientele: EXTREMELY DIVERSE! Ages ranged from 70's down to 20 somethings and every age in between. The atmosphere was always lively and fun. There were folks there from all over Europe, South America, The US, and everywhere else you can imagine. Everyone we encountered seemed to be enjoying themselves!

The atmosphere was high energy, with activities starting at 1100 and running right until the disco closes at 0400! No way you can be bored at Breezes.

If you are looking for a fun time for a group of friends, couples, or families with children older than 14 you'll find it here and won't be disappointed. If you're looking for high end accommodations, or If you want peace, quiet and romance, this is not the place you want to book.

We'll be back again, same time next year!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank CaribbeanJunkee
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Had a wonderful time at Breezes.Good food and drink,plenty of entertainment and stuff to do. staff very friendly and helpful and considerate.During very busy week they handle big arrivals and large groups as well as could be expected.Rooms were clean and neat,pool areas very well picked up despite some guests leaving anything they touch behind them.This is a very nice place to visit and we are definatley going back.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view it is well worth it
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family