8,612 results
All reviews garden of eden funky d entertainment staff pool grill rock climbing summer breeze visited breezes piano bar the main dining room board games jerk chicken booze cruise conch fritters ping pong a la carte restaurants nightly entertainment straw market
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here in June and having already read some of the reviews we were not surprised by the less than average accomodations. However, the staff was very nice and we had an amazing vow renewal on the beach. Yasmine made us feel like we were the only couple she was taking care of that day and the photographers did an excellent job of capturing our memories on film. We were very pleased with all of the pictures.
The food was subpar to the other 2 Breezes (both in Jamaica) that we have been to but overall we were able to find dishes that were decent. The island itself is beautiful and we were imressed with the friendliness of everyone we came into contact with. We would return and knowing in advance what to expect really helps.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get an ocean front room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shotlady27
Reviewed 9 September 2011

AMAZING trip last November, 2011, so much so that we are going back again! The deal is amazing for the quality. For those of you who expect 5 star, book a 5 star, and it is the best 4 star Ive ever been to, and better than the two 5 stars in mexico i have stayed at.

Check in-Had to wait 2 hours to get a room, but we were there at 9:30 a.m., so "unfortunately" we were forced to start our morning on the beach with 2 beers until our room was ready-totally not an issue, embrace the pace.

Room: AMAZING, did NOT smell like mold, great view, AC worked, tv (rarely on so who cares), beautifully updated bathrooms with walk in shower and 2 sinks. extremely clean and cleaned every day, couldnt ask for more.

Property: Palm trees, check. Pool, check. Hot tub, check (should be cleaned more), plenty of activities.

Food: better than any other resort, perhaps a 7 day trip would result in boredom of the food, but for 4 days it was perfectly fine, etible and never got sick. The a la carte restaurants were cozy, great service and yummy food, a nice quiet change from the buffett.

NEGATIVES: The only negative I can relay is that contrary to some other reviews, not all of the staff were super friendly. Security guards and pool guy hilarious and chilled out-much of the bar staff on the other hand were somewhat rude, but who knows, maybe it was just a bad day.

You have to go for yourself to find out but for a 3 hour flight for the price and the quality, i would go back every year again and again, no questions asked. We also highly reccomend that you do enjoy yourself OFF the resort for a day or 2, there is plenty to see, extremly safe and a nice change from the resort-maybe that is why some negative reviews scare away others....be realistic people, you pay what you get for, and in some cases (from what i heard from people staying at sandles and the atlantis, they complained more because they paid $2000 for their trip and therefore were more picky)

LOVE IT and cant wait to be back in NOVEMBER 2011 WHOOO HOOOOO

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Missy416
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We where a large group vacationing together & celebrating a friends birthday. We stayed at the resort during Hurricane Irene (two days before the Hurricane and 5 days after) and I know that Hurricanes don’t happen often in the Bahamas (last one was in 2007). The resort at check in was run down and tackily decorated! We arrived before check in and decided to hang out on the beach before we were able to enter our rooms. Cable Beach is VERY beautiful and made a perfect starting activity for our large group. The room decor was horrible! The smell of the rooms and resort was hard to stomach and gave many people in our group headaches! The beds felt like you where sleeping on a box spring with a sheet thrown over the top and a maid left our door open after she cleaned it. The buffet was one of the worst buffet selections and quality I have ever experienced. The staff was AMAZING! Very friendly and took time to remember names and think of ways to make our stay much more personal. We were unable to try the on site restaurants (two) because they where closed after the Hurricane, the pool never reopened and the complimentary activities were never offered during out stay. I will only return to the Breezes Super Club to use my vouchers I received from the Hurricane. My friends and I spent a day at Atlantis on our last day of the trip and next time will spend the extra money to stay at a more accommodating/ clean resort, Atlantis is way over priced. Since we have returned home I have seen on the local Bahaman news the Breezes Club is closed till early October for renovations so hopefully it will be a better experience next time.

Room Tip: Ocean front makes any vacation better
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shelly18545
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel definately needs updating ...but it was not that bad! The rooms were clean. I wouldnt pay for a deluxe oceanview room as they are rooms that actually overlook the garden but if you put your head out the sliding door you will see the ocean. The food was amazing and most of the staff was very nice ....dont go to breakfast too early ..staff is hard to locate. Overall we had a great time and great weather and I really think we got what we paid for. We were debating between here and Sandals in the Bahamas and met people on the flight home and were so happy we chose Breezes ....Sandals was apparently not good at all - food and staff were terrible ...so we made the right choice and had a super time!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kimread
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.We are happy to note that in the main you enjoyed your visit to
Breezes Bahamas.
Best Regards,
Jackson Weech

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife & I arrived just after Hurricane Irene left. And from the very begining Breezes Personnel were unorganized with transportation to the hotel, at the check in counter at the Resort where they had no record of our itinerary, which we had to print online and turn over to registration as proof of our reservation. After waiting three hours we learned that our reservation was being transferred to a neighboring resort (A nightmare all it's own). During the three hour stay at Breezes I was able to view several areas in the resort and the conditions were poor, none of which were due to Hurricane Irene. The guest room where my friends stayed were stale with outdated decor. The dengy diningroom, hallways and common areas all had old stale odors of mildew and uncleanly conditions. The hotel staff lacked enthusiasm to provide a level of service that anyone on vacation would expect. I have vacationed in the caribbean anually for 15 years and never had such poor service. Good luck to anyone who goes back to Breezes Bahamas. I wouldn't stay there if it was free. It seems as if Breezes was operating without a upper level management :-( I heard upon my departure that they were closed for renovations. They should tear the place down. The one bright spot of the resort was that the Wedding Group at Breezes held up to their promise and delivered my friends a flawless wedding ceremony!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nate W

Dear Visitor,
It is unfortunate that having stated that you arrived at our resort and it was closed that you then
sought to review same.Our closure is a result of damages having been sustained by hurricane Irene and unfortunate in nature.You would not have been able to view any of our public areas and to suggest otherwise is a gross misrepresenatation of the facts and not truthful in nature.
Any review should be based on an actual experience and able to pass the most basic of tests
in terms of honesty.