“Best Summer Camp Ever for Divers”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Bryan K
“Best Summer Camp Ever for Divers”
Reviewed 23 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Our family spent a week on the Morningstar, and I am going to guess it was the week after @SCUBAgrunt stayed. The entire family had a wonderful experience. One of the other divers commented that the trip is alot like Summer Camp, and I agree. You sleep in close quarters with a group of folks who you have never met before; you eat family style on great food making sure to not take seconds until everyone has eaten; you spend your days playing in a really big pool.. just like Summer Camp!

The weather was not our friend, and some of the dive sites were blown out. But Captain Red made sure we had a great time on parts of the Northern Exuma and then took us over to Eleuthera for more dives. The entire time Tom and Justin were working hard to make sure the ship was operating well and that everyone was well taken care of. We especially loved to see how the senior crew members were training the junior crew members during the trip.

Our group was a split of experience divers, some folks who had not been diving in 2 years, and some brand new divers. Marina, the Dive Master, balanced this and teaching an Advanced Open Water course very well. We felt safe the entire time, and enjoyed the different dives we were able to do.

As said in other posts, the food was great. I personally gained 5 pounds on the trip. Ivonne, our cook, was new to the role but she delivered an amazing set of meals from that tiny 3 by 3 galley she needed to work in.

If you are looking for that Summer Camp type experience, in a beautiful setting, then this is a great trip. My only feedback to future travelers is to realize that when you are doing four dives a day you will get cold. Next time, we will bring a fleece to sit on the deck and enjoy the rum punch with the other divers.

SCUBAgrun...
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
“Highest Possible Recommendation”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This is an absolute must for any serious SCUBA diver. From the instant we began the boarding process, Captain Red and his crew aboard the Morning Star handled every aspect of the operation brilliantly by balancing safety, comfort and entertainment. I crew on a dive boat in NC and had never been on a live aboard before and couldn't believe how hard this crew worked for the entire duration of the trip. They displayed equal enthusiasm and energy from the second we embarked until the second we departed. All 19 dive sites were expertly chosen by the Captain and the dives flawlessly conducted by Marina, the Instructor/Divemaster. Relief Capt and engineer Tom and his mate Justin kept everything running smoothly above and below deck; no small challenge. Gladys the cook produced 432 absolutely delicious plates of food with snacks in between. I can't wait to do this trip again. It's by far the best deal for a dive adventure in the Caribbean and I only regret no doing it sooner.

George P
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Having just spent 6 nights on the Sea Explorer I can honestly say this has been one of the best trips I have done. Despite the fairly windy weather the crew of Captain Chris, Breezy, Arturo, Sara and Chef Tristan did a fantastic job of making everyone on board get the most out of our adventure in the Bahamas. The diving was well organised and took in a variety of sites offering great variety. Because of the weather we had a slight change in schedule which allowed us to do a dawn dive - something I hadn't done before but would certainly recommend.
The accommodation is basic but very comfortable, many of the divers on the boat travelled independently of each each other and it offered a great opportunity to make new friends.
Some of the group I met up with on the boat were repeat visitors to Blackbeard's and I can definitely see why.
The only thing left is to book another trip.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Egordon12
Denver, Colorado
“Absolutely the best experience of my life!”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Spent a week aboard the Morning Star while traveling solo through the Bahamas. Absolutely the best experience I've ever had, and can't wait until I can return. I had the time of my life. The crew was amazing, the diving was superb, the food was awesome, and the company was wonderful. I cannot recommend this trip enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Can't say anything negative.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Barry S
The Villages, Florida
“Scuba Heaven! ”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

I have dove two years in a row on the Blackbeard Sea Explorer and cannot say enough good things about it. For the money, this is the cheapest way to get 19 quality dives in the pristine Exuma island chain off the Bahamas. The captian and crew are professional and the dive master very informative and safe. The accommodations aboard are spartan but livable and the food and nightly rum punch delicious!

Management Response
30 Sep 2016
Thanks Barry! Look forward to having you out with us again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing