“not bad,,close to the beach,market..”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Front
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Amy H
“RENT A CAR!!!”
Reviewed 21 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

This review will be quite lengthy so if you prefer not to read the entire thing, at least take away from it to RENT A CAR IF YOU RENT THIS CONDO. Let me preface this review by saying that my family and I have traveled quite a bit--Greece, Mexico, England, France, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Belize, as well as most of the fifty states.. and our preferred mode of travel is to rent a house or condo. So we are all well aware of the differences in cultures that will be evident in different rentals and we actually love that. So---the good, the bad and the ugly-- I was told by Sue (the owner) that she and her associates would help us arrange a "transportation and activities package" when we arrived. Normally I would have everything reserved ahead of time and normally we would rent a car, but in the Bahamas, with the left hand side of the road driving, we were a little anxious about driving ourselves; so a "transportation package" sounded good. We were met at the airport by one of the associates, Sam. He gave us a quick tour of the island and dropped us at the condo. I won't go into everything here, but in a nutshell, the "activities manager" is Sue's husband or boyfriend and the extent of the "arrangements" was to broker a deal with us for transport for 4 days --- no actual activities--- at the expense of SAM, the taxi driver (who it turns out is not only NOT an associate, but barely KNOWS Sue and Ron). We arranged a deal with RON for SAM to drive us around for our entire vacation for an amount of money that Sam did not agree to... but we didn't know this until the next night when we ended up with a yelling match on our front porch between Sam, Ron and my husband. We thought they all worked together---they do not. We do not go on vacation to take advantage of local people and even though we travel on a budget, it was never our intention to cheat Sam out of money---we were oblivious to the fact that he was losing money by driving us around because Ron assured us "it was all taken care of". It was NOT. Sam was mad. Ron was mad. My husband was mad. Not a great start. No punches were thrown. But it was more tension than I prefer on vacation. We finally managed to come to an agreement where RON paid Sam the money that Sam was being shorted and WE paid Sam the amount we had agreed to. Someone was scamming someone and I'm still not sure who was the mastermind.
The condo itself looks lovely on first glance... really. It's decorated beautifully. But it's not very functional. There are TWO forks for a condo that it advertised to sleep 5. No extra pillow for the cot (for the fifth person---Sue brought us a pillow when I asked) DIRTY SHEETS on one of the beds (hair and dirt and sand in them...Sue brought us clean sheets when I asked as well as more towels). The faucet handles on the sink in the master bathroom are backwards (hot is labeled cold and cold is labeled hot). The faucet on the shower in the master bath is so loose and feels like it will fall off in your hand... you have to line it up perfectly with a pink nail polish mark on the wall or it won't turn off. (I know I sound like I'm picking on everything, but it was really the cumulative effect of all these things that left such a sour taste in our mouths) There are landline phones in the condo, but they are not connected---we could not make local calls which added to our sense of isolation. (Sue pointed out that local calls are NOT included in the amenities and she's right. She did offer me a Magic Jack, but we figured out how to make wifi calls to order pizza and call Sam, the cab driver, so I declined the Magic Jack.) The wifi is very reliable and was a nice amenity. There was no broom (tile floors all through the house were nice, but no broom meant that were constantly walking in sand after the first day). The address of the house that I was given (#1 Yamacraw Hill Road) is NOT the address of the condo --- we ordered pizza a couple of nights and the pizza lady had a terrible time finding us. (I see that the proper address of Leeward Court has been added to the listing now, but that was not the address I was told when I asked). Again... I have no idea who the scammerr was there, or what the purpose was of giving me the wrong address, but it just added to the stress of the situation. There was coffee in the cabinet which was much appreciated. And the grocery store is in walking distance which was very nice. The little beach down the street has a lot of debris from the recent bad weather, but was still lovely in the mornings to see the sunrise. The neighbors we saw when we were out walking around were very friendly and we felt safe. I really think if we had gone with our first instinct and either rented a car or made all of our arrangements OURSELVES before we arrived, all the "little things" would not have seemed like such a big deal. But I was assured repeatedly by Sue in her emails that all would be taken care of when we arrived. I was led to believe she does this sort of thing all the time. We never saw nor heard from Sue or Ron again after the argument on the porch until the morning of our departure when Ron came by to get the keys. No one checked to see if things had smoothed out. No one asked if we needed anything else. And I believe they live right next door...so it probably took some doing to avoid us so thoroughly.

So if you decide to give this rental a try, to enjoy the neighborhood, being away from the crowds, and the price really is very reasonable, RENT A CAR so you don't have to deal with the "transportation package". I think it would have made all the difference in the world for us.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Victor P
“not bad,,close to the beach,market..”
Reviewed 9 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The place is at the western side of the island, nice and quite neighborhood very close to local beach and market aprox 10 minutes walking either way.The apartment is two floors ,kitchen,bathroom and living first floor and bedrooms +2 bath on second.Still wondering when those rails will be install on balconies.The apartment has every thing you need for families with children,parking available for your rented car. Ron was very nice and helpful with most our needs and also he help us out to get around the island and tips, really happy with my vacation in thi place, i really recommend this place for low budget families with kids,place is nice and pretty decent for the price. Best part is a beautiful beach is just around the corner with no tourist and clear waters. Thanks Ron for everything ,hope i see you pretty soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing