All reviews the cottages beautiful beach tent sites camp store st john beach shop twin beds bring bug spray water sports island life sound of the waves office staff centerline road eaten alive spent a week electrical outlets onsite restaurant
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We spent several days here and had so much fun! The sand is soft, the view is divine, and the park well kept. They were still in recovery mode from the hurricane that went through the previous fall, but it did not hamper our visit. One of our favorite beaches!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Leslie L
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We go to STJ to get away and enjoy peace and quiet. Cinnamon, because they rent various water toys, tends to draw a large crowd. We believe a member of our party had an iPad stolen at Cinnamon in 2015. If you like crowds, Cinnamon is gorgeous - if you want quiet - go to Maho or Francis.

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The best part about the campground is the location. It is near (not on) a spectacular beach. Other than that, there's a lot that is both lacking and in some cases misleading.

While I'm pleased for those who had a "30 step" walk to the beach, we did not. In fact, most of the eco-tents are deep into the woods and away from the water. Our tent was at the very back - a 30 step walk to the parking lot which was visible from our site and well out of earshot of the crashing waves. So we had a decent walk to the beach and a long walk to bathrooms. Bathrooms have only cold water, so expect a cold shower. Speaking of bathrooms, some were filthy as they were also the primary bathroom for all visitors to the public beach. While the restaurant is convenient, again expect the bare minimum. I was surprised to learn the restaurant was missing basic items and the person in charge basically shrugged it off - it was my problem not theirs. There are no beach towels available for guests, but they are glad to sell you one for $30.

I just felt the service was poor, the place is not beachside as represented, and was missing much of what a "resort" should have. So disappointed, we decided to leave early. I requested a refund, which was denied. We left anyway, losing the money rather than stay another night. Incidentally, another party was also checking out early, having had a similar experience.

When I expressed my concerns, the person said to fill out a comment card. Not sure they would do anything with my comments, but hopefully you all will benefit from them.

Room Tip: Request site near beach.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank CR425
Cinnamon_Bay1, Web Content Supervisor at Cinnamon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your comment. We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We're constantly enhancing our property and value any and all input. Please feel free to drop a message on Facebook or shoot us an email with any ideas that you have for improvement.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

It's now called Cinnamon Bay Resort (but don't get your hopes up.... this is still a campground). The beach at Cinnamon Bay is absolutely breathtaking. You cannot beat waking up in the morning and taking 30 steps to a beautiful white sand beach. Great snorkeling right off the beach with lots of fish and some coral. The campground has a store with some necessities, a restaurant and bar as well as a water sports shack. We stayed in a waterfront cabin. The cabin is RUSTIC and no frills... you are camping! Expect bugs in your room, bugs in the bathroom, bugs in the shower (you get the picture.... BUGS lots and lots of BUGS) I am the one who always gets eaten, but I came home looking like I had the measles I had so many bites. No one else I was traveling with had a problem, but if you are a bug magnet like I am, be prepared pack Benadryl and hydrocortisone and any other anti itch stuff you can find! After the first few nights I even started wearing bug spray to bed, but it was a trade off to have the fabulous views and short walk to the beach you really could not ask for anything closer! Gertrude at the front desk went out of her way to help me with a cab and was always super friendly. The ladies in the store were sweet too.

Room Tip: Cabin 10 has water view, but is farthest from the bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank VAkrf

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the bugs. They get us too.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Beach view cottages were our choice for one night. Simple campground with beautiful beach that was not congested with too many people. The campground was easy to maneuver, had food/drinks, watersports, huge beach, and outdoor showers (really makes you appreciate the water conservation and makes you realize how unnecessary the constant water flow is). The cottages were located steps from the beach with four twin beds, fans, dishes, and electrical outlets. Nothing fancy but if you plan on enjoying the outdoors than it is definitely compensated for. One of the longest beach's in St. John with huge stretches of sand, calm clear water and great snorkeling. We practically had the beach all to ourselves towards early evening. I would compare to Trunk Bay but far less busy. Only suggestion is to make sure you eat early and stock up on bottled water as the restaurant was closed early and we went the night with out dinner or water and no place within walking distance and campground gates closed to visitors after nighttime. Lovely and definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple