All reviews in town st john parking spot beach chairs perfect location washer and dryer weight in gold ferry dock third floor within walking distance watch the boats absolutely stay here again minute walk joe's rum hut management team amazing property small beach
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We booked a one bedroom condo, on Grande Bay's website, for five nights. Well before we ever arrived, I was in direct contact with the staff, who were unfailingly helpful. It was obvious that they intended for us to have the best stay possible at their property. They say that a good ship can only be run by a good captain- Paul Helson, the general manager at Grande Bay, is that guy. He obviously loves what he's doing, and everybody else on the staff is the same way. When we showed up at the ferry dock in STJ at 3:30pm, after being up since 4:00am, we had some miles on us by then. James came to pick us up, even though it's only a five minute walk to the resort. Then he passed us off to Paul, who took us to our unit (even insisted on carrying the bags), then Paul made sure that we were provisioned with some basic supplies, in a very unexpected way- lets just say that we didn't have to walk to the market, or get a cab back. The unit was pristine and comfortable, and since Paul upgraded us to a penthouse unit in the Surfside building, we had three different outside areas in the unit to choose from during the afternoon, to kick back. They handled everything for us- dinner reservations, jeep rental, water taxi and ground transportation for our early AM flight out of STT.

The location is perfect- five minute walk to any good restaurant or bar that you might want to go to, right on the bay, plus garage parking for your rental vehicle. That's important in Cruz Bay, because there is no place to park in town, and you will want a jeep to really go out and experience St John, beyond the tourist places.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark H
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

I am glad we exceeded your expectations and all of us look forward to having you back many more times. Thank you for the wonderful feedback that I have already shared with the entire staff.
Your "captain" and driver,
Paul

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Grande Bay Resort did not disappoint. Great location in Cruz Bay, walking distance to the ferry port, shops and restaurants. The staff knew our names and were expecting us. The general manager even gave us a ride to a local restaurant when we asked for help calling a taxi. The studio suite was well appointed with a comfortable bed and linens, a mini kitchen (with microwave, small refrigerator, plates, glasses, and cutlery), safe, and balcony. The pool deck offers great views of the bay and nearby islands. Now that I am spoiled, I would not consider staying anywhere else on St. John. Thanks to Paul, James & Joe for everything!!

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gardeninggreekgirl
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you for your review and it was fun "spoiling" you during your stay. I look forward to many more opportunities to do so again!
Cheers!

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We have stayed at Grande Bay twice and are headed back again this fall. The resort is only a few years old so everything is still quite new. The properties are individually owned so the furnishing will vary from unit to unit, both of the properties that we have stayed in were very nice and fully equiped for a day at the beach. My favorite part of Grande Bay is the location, your just minutes from the Cruz Bay restaurants, shopping, the Ferry and the Taxi's. No need to rent a car while staying at Grande Bay. We have stayed at several condo properties on St John and none compare.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank GRB3
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We needed some downtime after a busy summer before school started back up. The Grande Bay resort met all our expectations and more. This beautiful resort is brand new, had great spacious rooms and was perfectly furnished. The materials and finishes are all very high end. All rooms look directly out onto Cruz Bay and are an easy 100 yard walk into town for restaurants and shopping. The pool and hot tub were great with a large sun deck for catching the rays. The fitness center had nice gear and those same Cruz Bay views.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, offering coolers, beach chairs and extra fluffy beach towels for our daily Jeep trecks into the beaches of the National Park. Even when Tropical Storm Irene paid us a visit the staff helped to ensure we had a good experience. Joe, James, everyone had a smile and aimed to please.

We found the property to be very quiet and peaceful despite the nearby bustle from town. If I had any cons, they would be that some pastries would go well with morning coffee and we did have some ant issues (to be fair we had the same ant issue at the Ritz on St Thomas as well. Twas ant season I suppose).

Gorgeous resort. One of our favorites anywhere in the Caribbean. We will definitely choose Grande Bay Resort for our next St John visit!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank ScottBeach
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

I am glad Irene did not "dampen" your experience with us! I always share these reviews with my associates and I thank you for your kind words about Joe and James. Not sure we have an ant season but they do seem to appear with the rain so we will aggressively treat the room.
As for pastries with the morning coffee...good idea! I promise next time you return I will personally ensure they are available!

Reviewed 22 August 2011

There is no other place to stay than grand bay!! The property is gorgeous! Units are new, spacious, gorgeous views, and fabulous sunsets! The staff is amazing and very professional. They go out of their way to make you feel at home.
Plus it's close to "downtown". You can walk to everything! Or take a taxi to anywhere you want to go! A+ in my opinion. It's my second trip and I will be back! Thank you grand bay for all you do! LOVE IT!!!

Room tip: Grand bay is right off the boat. How can you not stay there
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Hfishburn1

Thank you for your post and it was our pleasure to have you here! I hear the third time is a "real charm" and the fourth and the fifth...hurry back!