We booked a 5 night stay in a studio suite at the Grande Bay Resort directly through a property manager and had a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Our oceanfront room was spacious and comfortable for the two of us, though because we had such wonderful weather and were so close to the heart of St. John, we spent very little time at the resort.
Its location is hard to beat as it is right in the middle of Cruz Bay, literally just around the bend from the passenger ferry. We loved being within blocks of so many restaurants, shops, and bars, as well as the taxi stand for the times we chose to travel out to various beaches. This location is also within a short walk to the Dolphin Market where you can pick up any groceries or toiletries and sundries you need for your stay (about 2-3 blocks away). Our room had a full bathroom, small efficiency kitchen, full washer and dryer, large closet with coolers and beach chairs, a living room area and an exposed bedroom that lead to the balcony. The balcony overlooked a small street that got very little traffic and 10 yards further your toes are in the water with a view of all the sailboats in the harbor.
The pool was great; uncrowded, with plenty of lounge chairs, and an excellent view of Cruz Bay. There is a Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee available each morning in the concierge lounge. And FREE ICE...You can stop in at the front desk and they will fill your cooler with free ice. We did not learn this until our last day.
My only complaint about this resort was that our room had a weird light in the ceiling air conditioning vent near the entrance door that stayed on all the time. So if you like the A/C on at night like we do, you may have a little extra night light in your room too. There seemed to be no way to avoid this and our property manager said they have been working on it. Maybe it is only a problem in the studio rooms.
The location and value of Grande Bay Resort were exactly what we were looking for and I will definitely return to the Grande Bay Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club is situated hillside overlooking Cruz Bay on St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Set near Wharfside Village, this St. John condominium resort overlooks the emerald and blue waters of Cruz Bay and St. Thomas to the east and the British Virgin Islands to the west. Offering nightly rentals (min. 2 nights) and fractional ownership opportunities in the heart of "Love City". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grande Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Bay Hotel Cruz Bay
- Grande Bay Resort St. John/Cruz Bay, U.S. Virgin Islands