All reviews in town time share st john washer dryer perfect location parking spot beach chairs weight in gold pool and hot tub full kitchen watch the ferries bedroom condo rental vehicle within walking distance third floor bars and restaurants taxi stand
Reviewed 18 March 2011

The resort is beautiful, clean, refreshing and is in a prime location with breath-taking views. I can't imagine styaing anywhere else in St. John. The rooms give you the comfort of home with a vacation feel - from the modern decor, high-end upgrades to the relaxing comfy beds - you will no doubt enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank victoriab1234
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Grande Bay Resort is a beautiful place to stay. The rooms are gorgeous and the staff is very kind and accommodating. As a group of couples and friends, we were able to easily book rooms near one another and with the specific preferences to match our needs. The views are beautiful from all the rooms, with large balconies that made a great place to watch a sunset or enjoy a drink before heading out to St. John.

The hotel location is within walking vicinity of all the great shopping and dining St. John has to offer. After exploring the beautiful and exclusive beaches of St. John, it is clear the Grande Bay Resort is the best place to stay on the island, offering luxury and convenience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jfarmer509
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Grande Bay Resort was the perfect place to unwind and relax during my much-needed getaway to St. John. My studio was very spacious and comfortable, stocked with plenty of thick towels and several bottles of water in the mini-fridge. The poolside overlooks the bay, and the outdoor hot tub is a nice way to end a day spent in the sun. The service was far superior to many hotels and resorts I’ve frequented, and the personal attention I received made me feel special, although I'm sure all the other guests were treated in kind. The staff strives to anticipate your needs, even going so far as to provide alternative, hypo-allergenic bedding. (I am allergic to feathers!) Need dinner reservations, nightlife recommendations, a taxi or directions to the market? Just ask. Grande Bay Resort is perfectly located, and everything you wish to see and visit around Cruz Bay is within walking distance. The beaches are mere minutes away by taxi. I enjoyed my stay so much that I'm already planning my return trip. You should stay here, too. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank NikkiBeeSC
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Grande Bay Resort in St John from Feb 6-15. The Grande Bay Resort is gorgeous with a great location and an easy walk to Cruz Bay. In addition, it features a very nice heated pool and hot tub. The workout room is very well-equipped with several different types of workout machines and a view for working out that cannot be beat. The property manager and owner were extremely friendly and always answered our questions quickly and with great solutions. It was wonderful to be picked up and dropped off at the dock.

The unit we selected was called Pink Marlin, unit 7-102. It is a one-bedroom unit with a porch and a back patio. The amount of space in the unit worked well for the two of us. The kitchen was well equipped and very spacious. The living room had a nice TV but the furniture was quite uncomfortable and lighting not very good for reading. The couches appeared to be more designed for accommodating additional occupants that to be used for living room chairs. The bed was quite comfortable although the bedroom was painted a quite bright pink. Again, the lighting was not very good for reading. There was a TV but only connected to a DVD/VCR player, not the cable system. In addition, the window and patio door treatments looked more like sheets and allowed much of the light from the stairway into the room. The bathroom was nice although the tile in the shower was already showing some wear.

We were also hoping the view from the patio was a bit better and the breeze a little more enjoyable. The fact that there wasn’t much breeze seemed to allow the mosquitoes to hang around more.

Grande Bay is a great resort but we would probably not stay in this unit again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We spent 5 nights and could not be happier. The location is in Cruz bay, walking distance to all of the resaurants (which is a big plus since parking is nonexistent in town). We had a studio condo which was nice and well appointed. If we were to visit St John again we would stay at Grande Bay, but we would get a one bedroom for the washer/dryer and parking space. We were provided a parking space, but they are not included with studios, big thanks to the staff.

this is a new place to stay and a very nice place to stay. It is hard to beat the ammenities location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple