See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Had a ball. We walked in the gate and Stephanie runs up and hugs us. What a welcome.
Breakfast is amazing. I tried to stay with the Continental Breakfast but couldn't. It's included. Huevos Rancheros, various omelettes, egg Bennie's are like $12 I don't know how they do it. The bfast will take you to supper.
We ate supper twice Tam CT. Italian and Asian night were both sensational..
Our room was comfortable. It was as cool as we wanted it to be. Loads of hot water for the shower.
All this within 200 yards of the ferry, restaurants and activities of Cruz Bay. The trail walk to Solomon Beach is 30 minutes and fun. Beach towels and coolers are available.
We can't wait to return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

For my getaway in a neighborly accommodation, being a resident of Puerto Rico, this facility is well worth the price. I was able to try various restaurants locally around town, and their onsite kitchen and patio arrangement is perfectly convenient too. Within walking distance to beaches like Salomon and Honeymoon, it is a great workout and pleasure to enjoy nature trails close by. Even had several lunches within the hour walk to Caneel Bay Resort. My single room was fine and loved their outdoor seating terrace in front. I hope to return more often this year, especially during the spring and summer months when the ocean is warmer and calmer sea-life will be evident. Don't miss the VITran public bus to Salt Pond Bay. Much fun to be had too on the south end of island.

Room Tip: Trust the manager, Stephanie is very understanding and helpful. Everyone there was so nice too.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2016

We had higher expectations for this place from the reviews I read before visiting there. The check-in staff was unfriendly, the bar tenders ambivalent, and the rooms uninspiring, and unkempt. The tile in the bathrooms was all cracked and some had been replaced with unmatching random colors of other tile. It was not particularly clean. We were very glad to only have to stay one night. But, they did have beach towels and coolers to lend for our beaching.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank FerndaleHikers
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Inn at Tamarind Court in Cruz Bay. This was my 4th time vacationing on St John, but my 1st time staying at the Tamarind. From the minute I walked through the gate, Stephanie and everyone I met there, treated me like family. I’ve traveled throughout the US, Europe, and the Caribbean. I’ve stayed in high rise luxury hotels, VRBO condos, little bed and breakfasts, $2 a night transient military quarters, and all-inclusive resorts, but nowhere have I ever felt as welcomed and well cared for, as I did at the Tamarind. This wasn’t the kind of treatment that’s taught in a class on hotel hospitality, this was a genuine “we care about you” attitude that I’ve never experienced in any lodging, anywhere. The Inn itself is not new, but it was clean, the mattress was comfortable, great water pressure, plenty of hot water, and the meals in the restaurant were delicious and reasonable. But what made this little Inn so special were the PEOPLE. Thanks “Steph and The Gang” ! Until I can find a way to move the St John, I will never stay anyplace else but The Inn at Tamarind Court.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is a great choice for travelers on a budget. Convenient location near the ferry dock and close to lots of restaurants and shops. Only a 6 dollar taxi ride to some of the best beaches. The staff was also very friendly. I had one of the cheapest rooms so it was very small but for the price that was fine. It offered nice extras like beach towels and complimentary continental breakfast. All the rooms had AC & TV which is not always a given in the caribbean. I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: September 2016