See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2016

We had higher expectations for this place from the reviews I read before visiting there. The check-in staff was unfriendly, the bar tenders ambivalent, and the rooms uninspiring, and unkempt. The tile in the bathrooms was all cracked and some had been replaced with unmatching random colors of other tile. It was not particularly clean. We were very glad to only have to stay one night. But, they did have beach towels and coolers to lend for our beaching.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank FerndaleHikers
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Inn at Tamarind Court in Cruz Bay. This was my 4th time vacationing on St John, but my 1st time staying at the Tamarind. From the minute I walked through the gate, Stephanie and everyone I met there, treated me like family. I’ve traveled throughout the US, Europe, and the Caribbean. I’ve stayed in high rise luxury hotels, VRBO condos, little bed and breakfasts, $2 a night transient military quarters, and all-inclusive resorts, but nowhere have I ever felt as welcomed and well cared for, as I did at the Tamarind. This wasn’t the kind of treatment that’s taught in a class on hotel hospitality, this was a genuine “we care about you” attitude that I’ve never experienced in any lodging, anywhere. The Inn itself is not new, but it was clean, the mattress was comfortable, great water pressure, plenty of hot water, and the meals in the restaurant were delicious and reasonable. But what made this little Inn so special were the PEOPLE. Thanks “Steph and The Gang” ! Until I can find a way to move the St John, I will never stay anyplace else but The Inn at Tamarind Court.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is a great choice for travelers on a budget. Convenient location near the ferry dock and close to lots of restaurants and shops. Only a 6 dollar taxi ride to some of the best beaches. The staff was also very friendly. I had one of the cheapest rooms so it was very small but for the price that was fine. It offered nice extras like beach towels and complimentary continental breakfast. All the rooms had AC & TV which is not always a given in the caribbean. I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Tamarind Court has a great in-town location with rooms with queen sized or twin beds, A/C and a restaurant/bar for breakfast and delicious dinners. Reasonably priced, warm and friendly staff. You won't need a car, the taxi-busses take you to the beaches.

Room Tip: Ask for what type room you want and what floor is available
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2016

After we got over the initial shock and disappointment over the condition of the hotel room: shabby (tiny bathroom with broken tiles, bedroom with old linens, a water damaged ceiling, just outdated & rundown), we started to appreciate the pros. The owner is extremely nice and helpful. The location is absolutely the best. It has a parking lot and is right by the gas station and grocery store. You can very easily walk to town and the ferry docks, which is important since parking is an issue. If you are picky about your accommodations, do not stay here; however, if location is important this is a great choice.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple