“Excellent Dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
St. Louis
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We walked in without reservations and got a table with a beautiful view. Waitress was excellent and recommended the perfect wine with my tamarind tofu dish (superb). My husband had the tuna and raved about it all night. Definitely one of my favorites on the island for dinner...pricey.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank MarciaLynn4

Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and wine with the best Island view”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

On a recent vacation to St John I visited several restaurant in Cruz Bay and Coral Bay.
Waterfront was one of the best. . My friend and I had a 5 course dinner. Each course was beautifully presented and paired with fantastic wine. The chef did an outstanding job with each course. The staff was professional, relax and very attentive. I had the pleasure to dine at Waterfront Bistro on two different occasions. Without any hesitations and high regards, I would recommend this restaurant .

• Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Best meal on island”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Great service and great food. We walked right in without a reservation. It was romantic and expensive so it's not a place to bring children.

• Visited February 2012
Cape May, NJ
“Great views, overpriced, overrated”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We expected a lot more from a $35 plate of Mahi-Mahi! We arrived at sunset and had a great view of the beach (except my seat faced a pillar which blocked my view). We had two nice salads as appetizers...because we'd been snacking all day, we decided to share the Mahi-Mahi entre'. Awesome presentation, we each had our own plate. Food was cold, lacked flavor, potatoes were nothing special. Waaayyyy overpriced! I'll pay top dollar for top dollar food. The service was not great. Next time we hit St John, Waterfront Bistro will not be on our list of places to eat.

1 Thank j1105tree
keys
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have been on enough islands to know that food in carribbean is hit or miss. the food this evening was way better than I expected. I had the smoked duck terrine with cranberries and pistachios. Just thinking about it now I want to order it now. Great server. Tony was informative attentive and charming. It was well worth going and listening to the ocean lap up against the beach with in arms reach of the bar. I love this place. A real bistro. My only suggestion is please put a classic roasted chicken on the menu with pommes puree please. Thanks.

• Visited February 2012