“poor”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

we went on the 5th April 18. Staff seemed very thin on the ground. When we arrived at the wait to be seated sign, there was no one to great you. The bar mamanger eventually shouted over the bar go find a seat. Which wasnt hard as it was quiet. Good variety of menu but very little gluten free option. The order was taken quickly. The drinks order was wrong and took a while to sort it out. We got here eventually. My food, cajun chicken, i could have soled my shoes with. Very Very dry, and the whole meal was not very hot. My husband's meal was ok. He enjoyed it, but was still hungry once he had eaten it. there were complaints with meals, sides missing, plates going back. Dessert taking over 30 mins to arrive. Very dissappointing. Wont be going again soon

Adele J, General Manager at The Dragonfly, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Rosalind L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit I have passed your comments on the team so we can work on them going forward.
Please don't ever hesitate to feed back at the time of your visit when a member of the team will happily assist you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited The Dragonfly whilst on holiday locally. It was very busy but staff were friendly and took our orders nice and quickly. There's a lot of choice as there is the normal menu plus many specials. My partner ordered a cajun chicken burger but unfortunately there was a bit of confusion as they had another cajun chicken dish on the menu aswell. When his meal arrived he told the waitress he had ordered the burger but all she could suggest was putting the chicken he had received into a bun. I see where she is coming from but at the end of the day, it wasn't what he ordered hence not what he was expecting. We spoke to another waitress who explained the situation better and replaced the meal he received with what he ordered. Food was very much your average chain pub food.

Hi Zoe R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit just to confirm the Cajun chicken special and the Cajun chicken burger are put together using the same chicken which I think is why the confusion occurred with your server. Please don't hesitate to feed back at the time of your visit when a member of management is always available.
We hope you give us another try again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed 3 April 2018

sunday I stopped at the dragonfly for a pint and was met by a very helpful member of staff,who I found to be very chatty to my self and everyone who entered the restaurant.victoria would make a great landlady,with her great smile and happy nature.

Hi Lyndon264

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit I will pass your kind comments onto Victoria

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice evening here with the wife and friends. Great food and service. Chris and the waiting staff looked after us well.

Hi Anthonywelsh

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit I will pass your kind comments onto Chris and the team

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The dragonfly is one of the best Marston’s restaurants we have been to , all the staff are welcoming and friendly and the service of the whole place is top notch. We would highly recommend the dragonfly to couples , families and friendship group ! There is a variety of different food to have from burgers to curries to pizza and even light bites!!

Hi Ben H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit I will pass your kind comments onto The team