All reviews beach towels beautiful view vivian airport vacation
Reviewed 25 February 2016

Picara Pearl was a beautiful rental with an exceptional view of the ocean leading to Magens Bay! For our family of 6, the space was very comfortable, clean and well equipped. We rented a car and would recommend this for anyone staying at this property. The owners, Vivian and Franklin, were wonderful! They were very welcoming and accommodating and truly made our trip special! I would recommend this experience to anyone!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2016

The Picara Pearl is a beautiful place away from the crowds in town. Franklin and Vivian made sure we had everything we needed, yet we always felt like we had our privacy. The condo was clean and lovely. The gardens on the property were lush and beautiful. The view from our balcony was breathtaking.

The hospitality began months before we arrived. Esther, sent us information about activities during our stay and advised us of the cruise ship schedules. Also, Franklin and Vivian met us at the airport when we arrived, so we could follow them to the Picara Pearl.

I would highly recommend the Picara Pearl to anyone who wants a peaceful place away from town. It was about a 20 minute drive to Red Hook and 30 minutes to Charlotte Amalie. Magens Bay Beach was a 5 minute drive. Driving was adventurous, so rent a jeep!

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 12 December 2015

From the offer to meet us at the airport if we thought we couldn't make it, to the expert island tips for everything we could ever want or need here, the folks at Picara Pearl never cease to amaze.

We arrived on the island at night and by the time we got to the villa we were very tired from traveling all day. Vivian and Frank were so gracious to show us around the Villa and welcome us as their guests. When Frank opened the fridge and showed us the food they got us knowing that we'd probably be tired and hungry my husband and I both almost cried.

The villa is beautifully decorated and has everything you'll need including beach towels and chairs!

I LOVED sleeping to the sound of the ocean below! Megan's Bay is a beautiful view to wake up to! And we made friends with the iguanas that hang out just below the deck too.

To say they are gracious hosts is an understatement. I can't wait to bring friends and loved ones with me next time to stay at Picarra Pearl!

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I actually grew up on this beautiful island called St.Thomas, but I'm a New Yorker now. My wife is from New Orleans and every time we've visited my hometown, we stayed at my mom's house. I wanted to be a tourist in my own home this time around. Our stay at Picara Pearl Villa was simply amazing. From the warm greetings from the hosts Vivian and Franklin to the homemade beef and saltfish patties that we gobbled down in seconds was a real welcomed treat. The villa had just about everything that we needed and then some...food, drinks, water, liquor, beach chairs, and most importantly AC. LOL. The oceanfront view of Magens Bay is to die for! Waking up to the sound of the ocean was my favorite. It was so relaxing and having breakfast overlooking the water was refreshing. At night the island lights up making the ocean view even more beautiful and the perfect opportunity to grill on the balcony. Vivian checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I would definitely vacation here again. If you are looking for a great place to stay, I highly recommend Picara Pearl. It's as beautiful as it sounds.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 24 March 2015

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to be the first guests at these brand new suites at the tip of the Peterborg Peninsula. Situated right on the water overlooking Magen's Bay, the views are truly incredible, and the sounds of the water will lull you into relaxation! Walk right out your door to the rocky point at the end of the peninsula and enjoy a beautiful sunset, or watch it from your balcony. The homes across the bay light up after dark providing an enchanting evening view-- a nice surprise our first night! The area is very private and peaceful, and the cozy 1 bdrm suite has everything you need to feel at home. The hosts, Vivian and Franklin, are a wonderful, local retired couple who love welcoming guests and really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay--Vivian even made us homemade tea and chicken soup when we got sick! Overall a great place to stay and highly recommended!!

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatieandIan22