“Great BBQ”

The Smoking Rooster
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Description: The Smoking Rooster Barbeque is simply smoked meats done right with a side of rum.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great place for BBQ. I had the brisket and a stuffed baked potato loaded with cheese, sour cream and pulled pork. Great atmosphere on a patio next to the cruise dock. Fantastic food....dream service.. I will be back when back in town.

1  Thank Ric M

Reviewed 12 October 2018

This was a great place for dinner if you like BBQ. They had both indoor (air conditioned) and outdoor seating, courteous staff, lots of TVs playing sports and the evening we were there, a live band around 8:30PM. Good atmosphere, very casual.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We had the pulled pork, ribs and brisket. Food was not bad, not great. BBQ sauce was unusual and had a artificial smokey flavor to it. The fries were good. They have an outside bar and an inside bar, both were nice, but the outside was a little nicer. The bartender was very nice and even made me a special cocktail because I couldn't figure out what I wanted. We love trying BBQ places, and we weren't expecting much with this area, but if your dying for BBQ, it's an average time.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Perhaps it was an off-day or they were running out of brisket? The brisket sandwich had only fat and the dredges left in the pan on it. The slaw that should have accompanied it wasn't there. The mac and cheese was okay, but didn't have the nice char to it that seemed to be one all the other macs I saw go by my table. The server was solo, which explains the very bad service. Regardless, there were TV's to watch for Sunday afternoon football games.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

About 5 p.m. and saw no cruise ships and I pulled in.Had to. It was calling. Nice local crowd. Had a surprisingly nice side salad as my appetizer. Then the finally, Mac N Cheese with Jalapeno and Bacon. Awesome. Pretty busy for 5:00

2  Thank TravelQ6492QE