“Homey and lovely. Good luck tearing yourself away...”
other travellers have booked this property
Private Porch
Comfortable Cozy Queen Size Bed
View from the Bedroom
Fully Renovated 3 Piece Bathroom
Panoramic Photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
RamblingR...
Chicago, Illinois
“Homey and lovely. Good luck tearing yourself away from the amazing view!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We've never done a vacation rental, but our experience with the comfortable rooms and friendly hospitality here has made us a convert. We were literally calling it "home" by the end of the second day. Alicia and Matt let us do our own thing, which we liked, but were quick with the advice whenever needed.

The view was outstanding and we spent some lovely nights on the porch (make sure to use mosquito repellent though). We also enjoyed having access to a full kitchen and living room. There are little touches that we really appreciated like a fully stocked bathroom closet with things like sunblock or the aforementioned mosquito repellent, beach reading on the shelves, and beach gear like chairs and fins available outside. We were also glad for the big fan in the bedroom because it was a little steamy without air conditioning.

Alicia recommended we rent a car and that really made a difference in our trip. I think it would have been difficult to sight-see without one. Wintberg Place is a ways up the hill and I can only imagine it would be a pain to call a taxi any time you wanted to go anywhere. With the price we paid for this room, it made the car rental do-able. You get used to driving on the left but the turns are kind of crazy. But it was so easy to zip to Redhook or Magen's Bay (don't miss the shakes at the St. Thomas dairy farm by the way).

We had friends staying at regular resorts on the island and they were all supremely jealous of our digs on the top of the hill. I already miss our home-away-from-home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amazing view of the ocean and greenery!
Liked least: My first thought was
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
BbodyFun
Covington, Kentucky
“Great spot for comfort and quiet”
Reviewed 3 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

I met Matt and Alicia on Jan. 3 after a short walk down from Skyline Dr. My stay in St. Thomas was for a week of work and play and they provided a great one bedroom place to enjoy the island and to feel like a local. They made me feel welcome immediately and when I needed a ride Matt was great to get me down the road to the store. I would recommend a car to get around even though calling up a taxi is easy enough but there were some times at night that they weren't around to pick me up when I walked up to Skyline Dr. I used to live on the islands some years ago so it was my choice to walk around more but with a car and the great accommodations provided by Alicia and Matt you will have the most affordable, comfortable place to stay in all of St. Thomas. I look forward to planning my next stay in St. Thomas with them, if they have availability.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet of a local neighborhood place.
Liked least: WiFi access is spotty but that's an island problem not the owners fault.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
maddog417...
Howell, Michigan
“Perfect place to stay at a great price”
Reviewed 24 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011
people found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed five nights here and it was the perfect place to stay without dropping a fortune. Alicia was a great help and if we needed anything she insisted we just call. The view was excellant and the location was central to a number of places we wanted to see. The entire place was clean and very cozy.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Auburn, New York
“Amazing and Affordable”
Reviewed 13 January 2011 for a stay in February 2010
people found this review helpful

My fiance and I stayed here while getting our feet on the ground in St. Thomas. Alicia and Mat could not have been more amazing. They showed us local beaches that would have taken us months to find on our own, as well as included us in community activities. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this rental to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay for a great price with some of the nicest people on the island.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Reviewed 25 December 2010 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing