Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 February 2015

WE stayed in the Morningstar Beach Club... very nice accommodations. Close to the beach and restaurants. Our room was garden view so it was more quiet than ocean view..esp. at night. Our rooms were cleaned everyday of our stay. Fresh towels, bed changed/made and supplies replaced each day. Rooms were very clean when we arrived. Nice porch to sit on. The refrigerator was a bit noisy..probably need to be updated with newer one. Everyone at the resort was very helpful. The food was expensive but we were able to work around it by eating away from the resort or ordering less expensive appetizers. In this area, it is expected that food will be expensive, so if u can't deal with that, do not go to the VI. Walking up to Frenchman's reef (main hotel) was not a big deal. There is a stairway with step steps to get there, but consider it good exercise. Overall, a great place to stay on St. Thomas

Room Tip: Rooms that at garden facing are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2015

room was large, comfortably fit 2 cribs, tv was huge, staff was very friendly and helpful, the pools were a bit cold. views are gorgeous, complimentary rum fruit punch and cookies in lobby, raised the bar for what i expected from different marriotts I've stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank m0ishy
JP_Nel-GM, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2015

Dear M0ishy,

Thank you for naming the Frenchman’s Reef as the best Marriott you have visited. We’re so pleased to hear you and your family felt cared for and comfortable while here.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

Marriott is great resort! Special people to take care of you. Antoinette Gomez at front desk and Kendall John in lobby/front entrance were so nice and helpful!! Irma Baron was special giving us superb service!!

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Utbobby
JP_Nel-GM, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Dear Utbobby,

You have my heartfelt thanks for naming the members that contributed to your satisfaction. They will each be recognized for helping create the memories of lifetime. We sincerely enjoyed having you as our guest.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

1.) The Marriott on St. Thomas USVI was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in when it comes to value.
2.)The food was horrible and way overpriced. Example: A buffet that wouldn't even be served at a Shoney's ( a cheap buffet in the south) that ended up costing almost $200 for 2 people! I was expecting maybe a $30 bill from the quality of the food. They had frozen breaded shrimp as one of the main items. I was in the Marines and I had better food during boot camp.
3.)The room I booked was not available even though I checked in on time.
4.)The Hotel was crowded, so the amenities were not available.
5.)Some but not all of the hotel staff (mainly the managers) were very rude and unaccommodating.
6.) I called the hotel for a cab from a restaurant I was dropped off at and they never showed up. So I had to walk half way across the Island until a pedestrian offered us a ride. The hotel receptionist or night manager said I was rude on the phone when I asked why they didn't show.

*If you travel to the USVI, I suggest staying in a cheap hotel and travel to any of the beautiful beaches on the islands. The local restaurants are great quality and very reasonably priced. Coki beach is great and has a couple small beer and burger type shacks with excellent food and great service and personality*. A resort is not the way to go in the USVI. You will only need a place to sleep while you explore the beaches and local restaurants during the day. Trust me you will have a better time and save a lot of money going this way! I also stayed on Caneel Bay on St. John which was amazing! However, it is very expensive there. This would be a great honeymoon place if you want to spend the money.

*Also, the local people of the USVI are very nice* I felt completely safe while trekking around.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jbaker0321

Dear Jbaker0321,

I appreciate hearing about your experience at Frenchman’s Reef. The feedback offered to my leadership team is helpful. I am sorry you did not experience the warm service we are known for and will be discussing your review with the perspective departments. Our goal is to exemplify the “Art of Hosting Brilliantly” at each point of the stay. While we recognize there are varying travel styles, we make every effort to exceed the expectations of those who visit.

From your description, it does sound as if you felt our resort was not to your taste. I hope you will reconsider and choose to give us another opportunity to win your loyalty. If so, please contact my office through the hotel. I would like to assign a specific team member to manage your reservation and stay.

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Ryan, Kelcie and Will led our group on a really fun and interesting night kayak trip right from the dock at the Marriott Frenchmen's Reef. There was a lot to see - fish of all sizes! - and the lighted kayaks were just cool!

We highly recommend this trip!

Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank mkenney61

Dear Mkenney61,

Thanks for recommending the Adventure Center’s Night Kayaking Tour. This is a fantastic evening activity that leaves right from our Marriott dock. I’ll let Ryan, Kelcie and Will know they did a great job.

JP,

2.9 km away
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast

Been to Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!