4,430 results
All reviews morning star frenchman's reef aqua terra coco joes the main hotel harbor wing sunset grill rum bar swim up bar adventure center sea cliff main pool infinity pool garden view night kayaking st thomas tennis courts
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Marriott is great resort! Special people to take care of you. Antoinette Gomez at front desk and Kendall John in lobby/front entrance were so nice and helpful!! Irma Baron was special giving us superb service!!

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Utbobby
JP_Nel-GM, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Dear Utbobby,

You have my heartfelt thanks for naming the members that contributed to your satisfaction. They will each be recognized for helping create the memories of lifetime. We sincerely enjoyed having you as our guest.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

1.) The Marriott on St. Thomas USVI was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in when it comes to value.
2.)The food was horrible and way overpriced. Example: A buffet that wouldn't even be served at a Shoney's ( a cheap buffet in the south) that ended up costing almost $200 for 2 people! I was expecting maybe a $30 bill from the quality of the food. They had frozen breaded shrimp as one of the main items. I was in the Marines and I had better food during boot camp.
3.)The room I booked was not available even though I checked in on time.
4.)The Hotel was crowded, so the amenities were not available.
5.)Some but not all of the hotel staff (mainly the managers) were very rude and unaccommodating.
6.) I called the hotel for a cab from a restaurant I was dropped off at and they never showed up. So I had to walk half way across the Island until a pedestrian offered us a ride. The hotel receptionist or night manager said I was rude on the phone when I asked why they didn't show.

*If you travel to the USVI, I suggest staying in a cheap hotel and travel to any of the beautiful beaches on the islands. The local restaurants are great quality and very reasonably priced. Coki beach is great and has a couple small beer and burger type shacks with excellent food and great service and personality*. A resort is not the way to go in the USVI. You will only need a place to sleep while you explore the beaches and local restaurants during the day. Trust me you will have a better time and save a lot of money going this way! I also stayed on Caneel Bay on St. John which was amazing! However, it is very expensive there. This would be a great honeymoon place if you want to spend the money.

*Also, the local people of the USVI are very nice* I felt completely safe while trekking around.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jbaker0321

Dear Jbaker0321,

I appreciate hearing about your experience at Frenchman’s Reef. The feedback offered to my leadership team is helpful. I am sorry you did not experience the warm service we are known for and will be discussing your review with the perspective departments. Our goal is to exemplify the “Art of Hosting Brilliantly” at each point of the stay. While we recognize there are varying travel styles, we make every effort to exceed the expectations of those who visit.

From your description, it does sound as if you felt our resort was not to your taste. I hope you will reconsider and choose to give us another opportunity to win your loyalty. If so, please contact my office through the hotel. I would like to assign a specific team member to manage your reservation and stay.

Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Ryan, Kelcie and Will led our group on a really fun and interesting night kayak trip right from the dock at the Marriott Frenchmen's Reef. There was a lot to see - fish of all sizes! - and the lighted kayaks were just cool!

We highly recommend this trip!

Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank mkenney61

Dear Mkenney61,

Thanks for recommending the Adventure Center’s Night Kayaking Tour. This is a fantastic evening activity that leaves right from our Marriott dock. I’ll let Ryan, Kelcie and Will know they did a great job.

JP,

Reviewed 31 January 2015

I left my Beats headphones by the pool and the staff found them. I met Joan from security and she was GREAT!

Wonderful pool and amazing views! We've sat by the pool for the past few days and have enjoyed every minute.

We've eaten at most of the hotel restaurants and have been pleased. We also haven taken taxis into town and at a awesome local restaurants.

After dinner usually back to the hotel bar that overlooks the bay. Yet another amazing view at night.

• Stayed: January 2015

Dear Dtigcjvgh,

Thank you for staying and mentioning your satisfaction with our restaurants, amenities, ambiance, location and service. Joan is an asset to our staff and I will make sure she is recognized.

We hope you have another opportunity to visit our beautiful island.

Reviewed 31 January 2015

this was a great place to stay. the views from any direction were exceptional (just not looking at the parking lot). but rather bay side or ocean side it was magnificent. the staff was exceptional . We had an awesome,friendly maid, Irma! What a gem- she went out of her way to be considerate,kind and helpful. We were on the bay side,6th floor.
the pools are beautiful, the beach fantastic. they have a ferry to take you to town across the bay for fun shopping-very reasonable and efficient.
The night Kayaking was fun - but didn't see colorful fish - saw many stingrays, turtle and tarpin, the guide talked some about the history etc of the island.
I would go back to this place in a heartbeat! Linda

Room Tip: any outside facing room either toward the bay or the ocean have spectacular views. I would not want to overlook the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda K

Dear Linda K.,

Thank you for the 5-star review! It was our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable place to stay while visiting our beautiful island. I am so pleased to read our team, specifically Irma, provided helpful and friendly service. All your comments are appreciated.

For your next visit, consider doing one of the Adventure Center’s snorkeling tours. The smaller colorful fish tend to stay very close to the reef. The Cat is a great choice. You can reach them through their website or via telephone.

Thank you again for this fantastic review and we look forward to greeting you upon your return.