1.) The Marriott on St. Thomas USVI was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in when it comes to value.
2.)The food was horrible and way overpriced. Example: A buffet that wouldn't even be served at a Shoney's ( a cheap buffet in the south) that ended up costing almost $200 for 2 people! I was expecting maybe a $30 bill from the quality of the food. They had frozen breaded shrimp as one of the main items. I was in the Marines and I had better food during boot camp.
3.)The room I booked was not available even though I checked in on time.
4.)The Hotel was crowded, so the amenities were not available.
5.)Some but not all of the hotel staff (mainly the managers) were very rude and unaccommodating.
6.) I called the hotel for a cab from a restaurant I was dropped off at and they never showed up. So I had to walk half way across the Island until a pedestrian offered us a ride. The hotel receptionist or night manager said I was rude on the phone when I asked why they didn't show.
*If you travel to the USVI, I suggest staying in a cheap hotel and travel to any of the beautiful beaches on the islands. The local restaurants are great quality and very reasonably priced. Coki beach is great and has a couple small beer and burger type shacks with excellent food and great service and personality*. A resort is not the way to go in the USVI. You will only need a place to sleep while you explore the beaches and local restaurants during the day. Trust me you will have a better time and save a lot of money going this way! I also stayed on Caneel Bay on St. John which was amazing! However, it is very expensive there. This would be a great honeymoon place if you want to spend the money.
*Also, the local people of the USVI are very nice* I felt completely safe while trekking around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. Our US Virgin Islands hotel in St. Thomas features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands