“Excellect Romantic Dinner”

Blue Orchid
Ranked #43 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Globally inspired, fresh, creative fine dining in a gorgeous setting.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My new husband and I came here for wedding dinner. The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the atmosphere was excellent. Best food I had all week!

There are newer reviews for Blue Orchid

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We ate Sunday brunch here after ziplining across the street at Tree Limin'. It was a perfect end to our adventure - great food and service. Mimosas were two-for-one and menu had a good selection of hearty fare. I got the Brioche French toast - presentation and taste were excellent, as was the Mango Mimosa. My kids got the burger, and it was a lot of food. The dining area has a nice water view. Service was attentive and efficient, but not intrusive. I would come here again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

First of all I had made a reservation online for July 4th. Went to the restaurant and they were closed for July 4th, went back the next night and it was just ok. Server was not very good, left us unattended for long periods of time. Empty water glasses, no wine etc. She seemed very bored to be there. The food was pretty good, but not for the price and the poor service. This place is really hard to find as well.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

As a local, this is a go-to restaurant for date night for my husband and I. We've eaten here many times now and the service is always attentive, as well as excellent food with changing seasonal selections. The menu can be a bit pricey, but I've never been disappointed with the food quality and presentation.

During lunch hours they offer pizza, and for dinner you're going to want to call ahead to make reservations. Best seats are near the windows where you get an amazing view of the ocean.

When you're done eating, there are walk ways outside through lovely gardens with local plants, an area with colorful birds, and a viewing platform up top to see sunsets and get a panoramic shot of surrounding islands.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The best thing about the visit was the the views from outside looking down over Magan's Bay. The restaurant itself was nicely decorated but on the dark side. Drinks were fine, nothing special. We split the lobster rice balls. Lots of rice, no sign of lobster. I got the pasta special of the day. The pasta was undercooked and the sauce was pure heat. The scallops and shrimp were fine. My daughter has fillet mignon. Nothing special. We were served a basket of bread that was very good. We asked for more and were told it would cost us. The service wasn't bad, but not good either. The berry cheesecake was the best part of the meal. We had gone because it was recommended by someone we met.