“perfect day”

Independence Sailboat Charter
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My 13 year old son and I spent an absolutely perfect day on the Independence with Captain Pat and Ricardo. We were completely spoiled. Nothing could have been better. It was the highlight of our trip. In fact, today's sail will be remembered as one of our best days in St Thomas and I have had many days considering the fact that I have been coming to St Thomas for vacation, since I was 10 - - ( Just about to turn 57!!!)
If you are looking for a tranquil day on the water, enjoying the scenery, the sun and the water, Captain Pat and Independence are the way to go!

Captain_Pat_Stoeken, Owner at Independence Sailboat Charter, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

It was one of the best sails of the season and we so enjoyed having you aboard. We hope you will come come back again soon!

All reviews
"spotted eagle rays"
"great sailing"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

After learning that a previous charter was no longer in service I was very fortunate to find the Independence. Captain Pat was very responsive to all of my initial emails and questions prior to our arrival into St. Thomas and then every detail of our sail was exceptional! The day on the water with my two teenagers was the right mix of relaxation and activities as Captain Pat took us to some great snorkeling spots where we were able to swim with turtles and spotted rays at one location and then a great reef full of marine life at another location. Ricardo, the first mate made sure that my kids learned about the marine life that they were seeing and was also there if they needed any assistance with pictures, equipment or even equalizing the pressure in their ears while diving. The lunch on the boat was delicious from the main course to dessert. I would recommend the Independence and Captain Pat to anyone looking for a memorable day on the water.

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We had a great time with your family and Ricardo really enjoyed the kids and filming them with your go pro. Hope to have you aboard Independence again next time your travels bring you to St. Thomas

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Nothing more relaxing than white sand and water.... well it turns out being out on the Independence with Captain Pat was even better. Pat explained exactly how to get in the dinghy and out. Not being a sailor this helped a lot. Then we enjoyed the beautiful Independence under sail and that quiet power of wind. Special.
Our destination Great St. James for snorkeling. Pat fit our masks and fins. Ricardo leads us to many beautiful fish, and then a spotted ray!! No rushing. We enjoy a warm solar shower back on the boat, delicious food and drinks, history and of course, hurricane Irma stories. How amazing that the beauty remains. Less crowds for now, but that won’t last.
Thanks Pat and Ricardo for the highlight of our week. We loved meeting you and having the perfect day to remember.
P and J

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Captain Pat, and her crew are a noteworthy treat for any true sailor, novice, and or child in your group. This crew and boat are first rate. Our mixed group of four all felt like fist class passengers from start to finish. I highly recommend Independence Sailboat Charter to anyone looking to enjoy the waters surrounding the Virgin Islands.

Captain_Pat_Stoeken, Owner at Independence Sailboat Charter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thanks Scott, really appreciate your taking the time to write a review for us. It was a pleasure to have your family aboard, junior and senior sailors and I am so glad we had a good breeze and that you found some turtles!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My husband and I were fortunate enough to find Captain Pat, and her beautiful sailboat, to spend the day with! We had a memorable morning, with hot coffee while sailing to Caneel Bay at St John and got great photos of the sea turtles that Ricardo, her mate found and then after a delicious lunch of Pasta Primavera and salad with a killer chocolate brownie dessert(complete with whipped cream). The afternoon was spent on a lovely relaxing cruise to Christmas Cove for more snorkeling. Pat is a seasoned Captain and a very interesting lady. Her vessel is very comfortable and accommodating. Pat has a wealth of information about the islands and shares great stories... She makes a great Rum Punch, too! Best Day of the trip!