“Awesome Beginner Snorkel Tour”

St.Thomas Scuba and Snorkel Adventures
Ranked #5 of 235 Tours in St. Thomas
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in private, guided tours of the secret reefs, caves and secluded beaches on the quiet North side of St Thomas. We have a number of snorkel, charter boat, kayak and Scuba trips to choose from. We can custom build any adventure to accommodate your groups wants and needs. We also offer daily and weekly rentals of mask/snorkel/fins so that you can go explore on your own!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Wife and I had a wonderful day with Squid, doing a little beginner snorkeling. The wife is not a big swimmer and Squid was super supportive and stayed with her pretty much the whole time we were in the water. She felt very comfortable and now is interested in snorkeling again. Yeah! Saw lots of fish, squid, iguana - but no turtles. The sea grass is not back yet, so the big guys haven't come back yet. There's still lots of devastation but there's so much to see. St. Thomas is still a beautiful place and the waters are still clear and teaming with life. We really enjoyed finding spots away from the cruise ship crowds. There were five ships in port so we were anxious to get off and away as quickly as possible. Wonderful day.

2  Thank DFloyd
in 28 reviews
"cool things"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We had planned this excursion before the 2017 hurricanes, so we weren’t sure what to expect or what would even be open months after a double dose of CAT-5 hurricanes, but we personally felt that as long as we *can* go then we shouldn’t miss it. Wow, was that the right call! Web’s St Thomas Scuba & Snorkel Adventures was ready for us and he did not hold back.

Wanting to experience the beauty of the island with our 4 year old and 18 month old, my wife and I could not have been more impressed - with the island or the experience Web granted us. Web’s rich knowledge of the island’s history and its best swim/snorkel spots (and when they’d be hit by huge waves of cruise tourists) was on full display and masterfully executed.

We were treated to the most breathtaking views and were personally shown the best the island has the offer - both above and below the water line. We hit a spot to swim with and feed the fish before the beach started to pack full and kids splashing in the water scared the fishies away (or filled their tummies too much to be hungry) then we hit a beautiful and mostly secluded spot that provided the same soft sand, beautiful and warm water views, and small waves for my kids to splash around and play in the sand while the adults relaxed and took turns snorkeling with Web around the reef (also incredibly effortless, relaxing and entertaining).

The reminders of what the residents faced last year and continue to recover from are all around, but you can tell the character and resilience of its people - Web is no exception. I shouldn’t have had high expectations, but I had built this excursion up in my mind and I admit I did expect quite a lot. I’m happy to report that my expectations weren’t just met they were far exceeded. Even with kids as young as we had, it was truly a day spent in paradise.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We were in port late and had booked the multi-beach adventure your. Everything was easy to organize ahead of time with Web. That morning however, the ship came into a different pier. Thankfully Web had given me his cell number as well as the cell number for our guide, Squid (lots more about her later ). I panicked unnecessarily as Web already had everything sorted out and had emailed to tell us who to meet and where

We met Squid (no, that’s not her real name) and had the best tour ever! Squid picked out snorkelling spots based on what there was to see, as well as the experience of our group. Safety was key and she made sure that my aunt felt comfortable in the water. Squid was also incredibly knowledgeable! Whenever we saw something interesting, she would tell us exactly what it was. We saw two different species of octopus, one of whom was mating! In addition to all the fish, we also saw shrimp, crab, flounder and a moray eel.

In addition to being knowledgeable, Squid was extremely conscientious of the environment and marine life. She truly cares! I watched her tell kids to stop stepping on the coral and remove fishing line that was wrapped around some fan coral.

At the end of our two snorkelling sessions, we went to a local restaurant with a stunning view. We looked at the pictures she took and bought her photo package as she captured our whole tour beautifully! Afterwards she dropped us back to the ship.

Thanks Squid! We had an incredible time!

1  Thank LoveToTravelWithTF
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We were visiting St. Thomas for the day as a stop on our cruise ship. I have been to St.Thomas many times before but we were travelling as a group of 4, multi-generational (aged 13-67) and was looking for something we could all do. Getting the tour setup with Web was an easy process.
Due to high winds our ship changed the itinerary and we actually went to St.Thomas a week earlier than originally scheduled. I was able to reach out through Facebook on-board the ship and had no problem getting my tour rescheduled to match the new date.
Hakko met us at the port and was a great tour guide. We enjoyed the tour of the island and the beverages he had for us in the cooler.The snorkeling wasn't the best but we also had to adapt due to weather, it was quite windy so some of the usual spots we couldn't go to. I was disappointed that this meant we didn't get to see any sea turtles on this trip but you can't control the weather. We made the best of it and enjoyed what we could see. My mother in law had a fear of the ocean and Hakko actually got her out snorkeling which was great.
Overall we had a great day out. If you are looking for something to do in St. Thomas I would recommend checking them out. I appreciated that they had a cruise ship guarantee so our deposit would have been refundable if the ship hadn't of made it into port. And I really appreciated how easily they accommodated our last minute date change, we found out on the afternoon of the 27th that we were going to arrive on the 28th instead of the 1st like originally scheduled.