“Better than Expected”

Ranked #48 of 283 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Price range: USD 4 - USD 60
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hook Line & Sinker! For over 30 years, we have been servicing the St. Thomas community with excellent seafood, steaks, Burgers and more. Hook Line & Sinker specializes in providing great seafood options with wonderful seaside dining views of the Virgin Islands. We are a locally-owned, community-focused business that brings prompt and quality service to our customers, and we take great pride in the work that we do. We take customer service very seriously, and you will quickly see why we passed the test of time with our delicious cuisine. Call us today or stop by for a unique seaside dining experience!
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Based on spotty reviews of Hook, Line, & Sinker, we went there for dinner a bit apprehensive. Our experience was better than expected. I ordered the almond crusted yellow-tail and my wife had prime rib. Admittedly I was looking for something not to like. Fortunately I enjoyed the unique presentation and particularly the taste of my entree, and my wife who is hard to please when it comes to meat enjoyed her entire serving of prime rib. Believe me, that says a lot. I found the dressing for my salad to be a little weak but that’s a minor complaint compared to my low expectations. The service was attentive and prompt with our food coming out very quickly. All in all, not a bad meal.

HLSVI, Owner at Hook, Line & Sinker, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Well we thank you for trying us and glad you got to experience us and let us know that we beat your expectations we look forward to your visit back to St Thomas

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Had a phenomenal meal at Hook, Line and Sinker tonight. My filet was excellent, cooked to perfection. The Greek salad was terrific and the drinks were delicious. The Key Lime pie is to die for. Friendly staff was attentive, excellent service. Seaside view is beautiful. Nice ambience. I will definitely eat here several times everytime that I return to St. Thomas. Thank you HSL for an incredible dinner and a great evening!

1  Thank Karma F
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

A group of my friends/ coworkers went here a few days ago because it's probably one of the only places on island that has brunch. The menu had great brunch options, I had the French toast and it was delicious. A few of my friends had the eggs benedict, some said they like theirs others didn't. They also have a $15 bottomless mimosas which I took advantage of. Some of my friends got Hibiscuses (cranberry juice instead of orange juice) and it was still included in the bottomless mimosas. The food and the atmosphere of the place was excellent. The reason why I gave it 3 stars was the service. It was packed when we showed up, and it's selfseating, which for a place like that for brunch I would recommend a host/hostess. And there were only 3 servers, and they didn't help each other out they each sticked to their own section. Getting drinks took a long time too, when we sat down we asked for water for the table it took 20 minutes. They definitely need more waiters or they need to help each other out more. I know our waitress did her best with all her tables and our big party. But they need more staff for the amount of customers I saw. But I will definitely go back because their specials looked really good and I'd like to try some.

HLSVI, Owner at Hook, Line & Sinker, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Excellent thank you for wonderful feedback. I agree it was our first brunch from our Fall remodel and we got super busy we have been super blessed with overwhelming support in our community, after the Hurricanes left island with many servers but we noticed same as you and found our full team for season . See you back soon . Thank you.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

The kitchen is open again after a 2 week renovation. The food was good but not great. The service was so so. The place has stopped serving any sushi which was a disappointment as the concierge had told us that the sushi was really good there. I think the menu was a little short and there were no specials. The restaurant is clean and right on the water but a little hard to find.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

recently remodeled local spat that has great food, ac and great service - love the new sushi bar! A great place to visit when you come to St. Thomas