“Good food and strong drinks”
Review of Blue Moon - CLOSED

Blue Moon
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Blue Moon...Where jazz has a home! Located on the beautiful Frederiksted waterfront for the past 30 years, we serve hearty and homey Caribbean-inspired, cajun-influenced food! Enjoy live jazz Wednesday and Friday nights during season, and also during Sunday brunch!
Reviewed 23 April 2017

It was Easter weekend so most everything was closed but a co-worker had recommended this place and luckily they were open. The crowd was light but all the outside tables were occupied. Our party of 4, 2 adults and 2 young children, were seated and drink orders placed. Our waiter came by and told us the daily specials with a genuine interest and passion for his job. The kitchen is small but the "order up" bell was ringing every 20-30 seconds. The food was slow but "Crazy Chris" previously from Old Ebbit Grill in Washington DC came by and gave us a little history of St. Croix. My jambalaya was terrific and the wife's Cajun alfredo something or other was also highly rated. There is no real kids menu but Chris said they could do something for us so the kids had a chicken breast and pasta....which they ate. As most parents know, if the kids eat it without too much fussing, it is a good meal. The food is slow but worth the wait and the bartender does his best to keep everyone happy. I would go back again.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

good service, good food, just needs more music and energy. When you sit is awfully quiet, some music will change the place

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stop for by for dinner around 6:30. We got our drinks about 10 mins later. About another 10 mins passed and we finally ordered. I got the chicken with spinach artichoke and was told it would take about 30 minutes to make. My husband got the Louisiana Pasta with shrimp, chicken and sausage. My husband finished his beer and had to wait 15 minutes before the waitress came back and asked if he wanted another. When we got our food it was not quite as expected. My husband got only2 pieces of shrimp and maybe 5 pieces of sausage the rest was pasta and chicken and peppers. My little piece of chicken tasted alright but should have taken no where near as long as it did. When my husband went to the bathroom, low and behold what did he find. A lovely cockroach just hanging out on the ground. We will definitely not be going back and would never recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The food was good and the scenery was nice as well. There is a bit of a wait, although this may just be how its done in the islands.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We are on a Tuesday evening and the place was full. We sat and ate at the bar. The bartender was great! He looked after us throughout the evening.
We ordered crab cakes, the artichoke dip and bruschetta to share. It was all divine.
The shrimp main dish was cooked to perfection!
Thanks Rebecca for looking after us!
We will be back!