All reviews deep end green cay disco bingo buck island paddle boards st croix bar and grill shower stall hotel guests snorkel gear rooms are large fish tacos laid back beach access screen door east end of the island great drinks
Reviewed 3 February 2018

we really enjoy our stay, and everyone was totally friendly! we highly recomend this place...the view is amazing, food is worth it me and my husband had a wonderful time and we`re definitely coming back soon

Date of stay: January 2018
Maria L, Manager at Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

We are extremely elated that both you and your spouse had an enjoyable stay at Tamarind Reef and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience during your stay at Tamarind Reef Resort. Yes, we are very lucky to have such breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea, Green Cay and Buck Island. On a clear day you will have the opportunity to see our neighboring sister island, St. Thomas. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at TRR for 3 nights while our boat was having some work done at the boatyard. We had a lower unit, so no kitchenette, but there was a coffee pot, refrigerator, and microwave. The rooms are large, and there is a patio; the upper units have a balcony. The view is gorgeous from either. The king sized bed was super comfortable. There is a nice pool adjacent to the nice bar/restaurant “Deep End”. The sandy beach has lounge chairs and some cabanas. There is a water sport hut, and friendly iguanas on the grounds. The beach has a reef to snorkel when the seas are calm. Not a great swimming beach, but lovely for wading and sunning. There is a great spa for massages, manicure, hair, etc. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend. The room price is reasonable, but keep in mind there are some hefty USVI taxes on top of that.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maria L, Manager at Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. We are truly excited that you enjoyed all of the amenities offered including our rooms. Our breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea, Green Cay and Buck Island sets us apart along with a reef that is spectacular for snorkeling. Thank you again for your business and for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

What a lovely pool and close to beautiful diving. Our children and friends enjoyed several days at the pool and the food was amazing. Especially the fresh tuna with seaweed salat. I would travel from Denmark again for this tuna

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Søren Ø
Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Hello Søren,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on your experience at our property. We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities such as the pool, the diving within the barrier reef that surrounds the property that gives a unique experience and especially your recommendation on the Tuna at the restaurant. I will share with the staff at the Deep End Bar your feedback on the Tuna, which as a Seafood Lover that is one of my favorite dishes as well. We hope to see you, your family and friends again soon.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your great review.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My family and I enjoyed our stay for a week while in St. Croix. The rooms are spacious and include a fridge and very large safe. The bathrooms are on the smallish side with a small shower but it did the trick and we made it work. This is not a 5 star resort so if that is what you want you should look at the Buccaneer or other upscale resorts. It is a very quiet place in the east end of the island and is very close (15 minutes) to Christensted.

You have included with your stay the use of paddle boards, kayaks, and snorkel gear. You must snorkel the reef at the hotel. You might get lucky as I did and swim with a turtle. The aquatic life is abundant and you can snorkel as far as you want.

The beach is not a swim beach but all of the resorts allow for people to use the beach if you want to. Cheney Bay is close by and the beach is very nice. There are a number of palapas that allow plenty of shade as you lay on the beach. The breeze is plentiful and the view of a small island as well as buck island is beautiful.

Watch out for the iguanas. They are plentiful and some of them are quite large. I was startled a few times by them as I had almost walked right into them.

There are laundry facilities at the marina and they are actually quit nice. The whole marina is quite nice but is private. If using the laundry make sure you stop at the front desk to get your tokens for the washing machine. The dryer takes quarters.

The room was clean and we had fresh towels daily. If you need new ones just ask the staff. They are very accommodating. the A/C worked like a champ an on a few days we actually had to turn it down because it got so cold.

The wi-fi actually worked and was fast. I have stayed at many places where the wi-fi was so slow I could have sent my messages by snail mail quicker.

The beds were comfortable and my family and I didn't have any issues sleeping after long days enjoying the island life.

If you rent a car, don't forget to stop by the K-Mart on your way from the airport to pick up bottled water. You can pack the refrigerator full.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and clean and the shower was welcome after a day in the ocean. The island is small enough that renting a car allows for access to almost anywhere in a small amount of time. The east end was very laid back and quiet. We visited the Divi resort and man that place stunk so bad that I couldn't wait to get out of there. The Tamarind Reef Resort made our stay one to remember and I wouldn't have any issues with coming back in the future.

Room tip: Stay on the second floor. Ask for a view that is not obstructed by a tree.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jeffcami
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for a week in July for her birthday, and we were both amazed with the view this hotel had. Right on the water with views of the reef and the swimming beach. The room was very spacious and had a well working air conditioning. The bathroom had a shower stall with glass door, which is nice when you travel as a couple ;). The king bed was comfy, but the comforter could be updated since its very coarse. We had a 2nd floor room with a balcony, but the balconies are only separated by a sail cloth, and you can walk around it to the next door room (we had a little visitor from the child next door). The Deep End Bar and Grill is located on the side of the resort, which had great drinks and good food, and DISCO BINGO on Thursday nights. Over 200 people were there and was a very fun time. Included in the stay is unlimited usage of snorkel gear, kayaks, paddleboards, and other water activities. About 10 cabanas on the beach, and 3 hammocks (which was comfortable during our late afternoon nap). Overall, a great stay, and Ruth and Cathy at the front desk are very helpful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple