“very good”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“very good”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I had a soup that was awesome
The Drink was good and I don't like marttin's like that but it was awesome

• Visited February 2012

Syracuse, New York
“Go here for a special dinner”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Got there early. Place fills up quick. Did not have reservations but they take them. Everything was visually appealing. They moved us early due to a couple having reservations for our table but paid for a round of drinks! Intimate setting. Eat outside. Felt a little rushed by the server telling us to order the special soon or might be out but we didn't listen, we were on island time! Bar area was very nice and packed when we left. I think they have their own menu! Must try!!!

• Visited January 2012
Covington, Louisiana
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere in the courtyard. The garlic chipotle soup was to die for, could have eaten a quart, the sweet potato ravioli was sublime, but husbands mahi was the best on the island, moist, super fresh, had a wonderful crust and caper sauce-- also you must try the chocolate bark/ berry dessert, just a perfect dessert. The only complaints were an uninspiring Caesar salad and waiter with bland presentation, we had to ask for him a time or two when we hadn't seen him in a whole, yet they weren't entirely full. Overall very nice, but other places made us feel more "special", if that makes sense? When you pay these prices, you need to be reassured they are happy you're there!

• Visited February 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“Lovely location, food to match!”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

As frequent visitors to St. Croix, we have dined at Kendrick's many times over the past 20+ years. The quality of the food is consistently good. Never had a bad meal there! The beautiful courtyard has a rich history which enhances the dining atmosphere. If you ask Jane Kendrick nicely, she will tell you of some ghostly appearances on the property. No worries -- they are friendly ghosts! While Kendrick's is one of the more expensive restaurants on the island, it is also one of the best. As New Yorkers, we are accustomed to paying for quality.

• Visited February 2011
Florida Keys, Florida
“Loved it so much I want to go back for Valentine's Day!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Last night we finally got around to eating at Kendrick's. I don't know why it took us so long since we are avid restaurant customers here on island. Wow, I'm so glad we did! As we entered the restaurant, Mr. Kendrick gave us a warm and friendly greeting, then the hostess led us to a lovely table. The setting was so beautiful with a courtyard lit with tiny white lights. My partner ordered a Manhattan that he thought was absolutely delicious, and I enjoyed my glass of Merlot so much that he ordered a glass. His mussel appetizer and my salad were incredibly delicious. They brought out the most incredible herb bread to dip in wonderful olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs. He ordered the pork and I ordered the chicken and the food was just unbelievable, prepared exquisitely and so delicious. We spotted people at another table enjoying chocolate almond bark for dessert and we did indulge. My partner ordered espresso which he loved. I ordered a cup of decaf that tasted stale and I sent it back. Other than that one tiny thing which really wasn't important to me, the night was perfect. I told my man that I want to return for Valentine's Day because I can't think of a more romantic spot with better food!

• Visited January 2012