“Great food, wonderful service”

The Caravel Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Providenciales
Price range: USD 5 - USD 38
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The "Caravel" was a ship developed by the Portuguese to explore along the West African Coast and into the Caribbean. This ship had a distinctive shape and admirable qualities. A gently sloping bow single stern castle were prominent features of this vessel. Although the caravel had already been in use for hundreds of years, it advanced into an incredibly fast, easily maneuverable vessel, which was noticed by eminent people. This extraordinary vessel gained fame with the Portuguese and Spanish voyages of discovery. Columbus's ships Nina and Pinta were supposedly caravels and Columbus repeatedly praise his favorite ship, Nina, for her great speed, maneuverability and safety. Happy Hour starts from 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Our family of 5 came here for dinner on a quiet Tuesday evening. We made it before happy hour ended and were able to order 2 for 1 drinks and a select choice of happy hour appetizers at half price. We had their conch fritters, which were a little too heavy for me, but are still delicious. For dinner, three of us had the grouper - one tried it fried, one with coconut and the other jerked. All three ways were delicious. My husband tried the oxtail, which was the special that night and loved it. Prices are reasonable - definitely try this place! I wish we tried it on a Monday night, when they had live music.

1  Thank a3ny

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Outstanding service, very warm and welcoming. Some of the best soup I've had on the island. Apps were great and the tacos were delicious. Thank you for a wonderful evening and we'll see you for sure on our next visit!

1  Thank dywinandy
Reviewed 7 January 2018

WE had the trio tacos $28, lobster pasta 23, oxtail 23, conch salad 10, key lime pie. My favorites were the tacos, oxtail and salad. The pasta and pie were good but not great. The service was slow but very friendly. We got a free slice of pie for my birthday.

2  Thank GoodTaste22
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Loved the tacos, I had the mix of the three and found them delicious. The chicken taco was personally my favourite! Other members of my family thought the food was fairly average, and compared to other restaurants we had been to their meals were not as good. The service was not as good as I would have liked, we even saw one of the waiters on his phone. The restaurant did have a local feel, and was fairly causal which is what we were looking for that night. Overall I would go back for the tacos!

1  Thank Callie C
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had a lovely dinner. My daughter absolutely loved her steak. My husband and I both had pasta that was pretty good heat if you like spice. Spring rolls were delicious.

1  Thank tracyj912