The Somerset on Grace Bay
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 682*
USD 649*
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 679*
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 697*
USD 672*
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 553*
USD 445*
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 683*
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 976*
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 1,120*
USD 747*
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 1,412*
USD 851*
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 946*
USD 918*
Orbitz.com
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
USD 1,525*
Hotels.com
All reviewsviking appliancespool barbilly joepavilion restaurantcroquet lawngrace baytuesday nightbeach barbecuethe complimentary continental breakfastregent palmsfull kitchenbeach staffthree bedroomliving roompool sidebeautiful propertyhobie cats
Reviewed 7 December 2011

A luxury property, great staff and an amazing location.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 November 2011

From my meeting with the hotel rep at the airport to my last day, my five nights at The Somerset on Grace Bay were beyond flawed: the transfer agent asked intrusive and personal questions and messed up my transfer so I was left waiting needlessly; the manager was rude about it when discussed; my room did not match up with the amenities listed on the Hotels.com site or the resort's site; a beach umbrella flew out of a broken stand and landed stake down on my leg injuring me and I now have a large scar; my room's air conditioning broke and they said they "fixed it" without checking to see it was fixed - it wasn't and I had to change rooms at 11 p.m. to an even worse room; toiletries were not replenished despite multiple requests ... and when I discussed with the manager and negotiated a credit for a future stay - presuming this wasn't the norm there - the credit is now not being honored as the management company went bankrupt and the new company "can't find" records and won't accept the email correspondence or signed document provided to me. Hotels.com refused to contact the hotel on my behalf and showed no concern for client service or satisfaction and the hotel did not respond to the call placed by my credit card company about the credit. The elevator broke for more than a day; my room was loud - you could hear people in the connecting suite; tiny room, bad decor - I could go on and on. Do not stay at The Somerset on Grace Bay .... there are nicer places on this island that believe in the vacation experience. Faulty equipment, bad service, not honoring credits - add up to a horrible experience - lost money and lifelong scarred leg!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
14  Thank ManhattanTravelerNo1
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Our family of 5 (19, 21, 23 and 2 older parents) just returned from Provo and a wonderful time spent at the Somerset. Cab pick ups were punctual, last minute dinner reservations were acommodated without problems, rooms and grounds were very clean and the staff were very friendly. New manager on site has things hopping with visionary plans for even more fun in the future! Rooms were beautiful, spacious, modern amenities and best of all - the Somerset was away from the maddening crowds. And if you wanted to check it out, all you had to do was walk about 6 - 8 minutes down the beach to "Beaches" to see why staying at the Somerset was the logical choice. Pool was clean and the Somerset food was mouth watering. We would strongly recommend staying here for the young and older families. Stayed during the Thanksgiving week and the weather was great for 6 days with the exception of 1 day being very windy - unusual for this time of year they say. (NOTE: All rental condos are wonderful I hear and we elected to stay off the beachfront (lower price) since we were always on the beach and near the pool most days anyway.

Room Tip: Stay off the beach as it's cheaper and quieter. The rooms off the beach are only a 30 second walk to the beach anyway with stops in between to get a towel and a drink if you wish to.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 26 November 2011

On a last minute extra long weekend we did a trip to Grace Bay and stayed at the Somerset "cottage 5" which was really a well laid out multi floor condo. This is a nicely located boutique condo style resort. We liked the fact that on one side there were not tall hotels which made an even quieter beach. You can read about our trip report at tabhauser.com which covered great food and fun things to do. (this is my personal write up and report so you don't need to log in). We recommend a snorkel trip with Ocean Vibes that will pick you upon the beach.

Room Tip: It is really OK if you don't have an ocean view as our cottage 5 was 1 minute walk to the pools and 30 more seconds to the beach
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tabhauser
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Somerset this past week after extensive research using tripadvisor and other sites. This was our first trip to Turks & Caicos and we fell in love with it instantly. We rented a one bedroom condo that was absolutely perfect for us. It felt as if we were at home. If you prefer a quiet beach away from children and nonsense, you will not be disappointed with The Somerset. The unit was in the Stirling house and we had a great view of the pool and the ocean from the balcony. The staff was quite pleasant and friendly. If you're looking to be catered to, then this is not the place for you. If you like an independent sort of vacation, look no further. We took a taxi to the grocery store Saturday afternoon and stocked up on supplies for the week. I also brought some essentials; salt & pepper, pancake mix, cereal, snacks, laundry detergent etc. You'll save a decent amount of money if you bring some easily packed non perishables. EVERYTHING is expensive on the island. We packed a small cooler bag for the beach to bring our own cocktails down. Again a great money saver. It's nice to wake up and have your breakfast on the balcony in your pj's, just relaxing.
We also took the advice of restaurants off trip advisor and were definitely disappointed in some of the choices. Next door is the Regent Palms which had a great place for dinner, Parallel23. I think rated somewhat low, but we thought the food was great. Beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. I took my leftovers home which is RARE for me to do. Pricey at about $225, for two, which included appetizers for each and entree. No liquor, but water is about $8 a bottle and we had two.
We had lunch at MangoReef which at the Alexandra,and we were really disappointed and disgusted. There was an unsightly hair in a salad. NASTY.
We had a beach side dinner at the Bay Bistro at the Sibonne Hotel. I enjoyed my lobster dinner and he was really annoyed with his rack of lamb. It consisted of mostly fat and very little meat. One other restaurant we tried was Seven, at the Seven Stars resort. Very charming, incredibly friendly staff, really nice decor and the food was excellent.
I think everyone's experience will be different so it's difficult to make a decision on where to stay and where to eat. If you are simply looking to relax and not be surrounded by large groups of people then I would recommend The Somerset. You feel like you're at your own vacation home. Not a cheap hotel. Not surrounded by chaos and children like at Beaches.
If you are looking for a place specifically for families then Beaches is your place.
We will definitely be returning every October, which is the low season. High season typically picks up around the holidays and runs through April from what we were told.

Room Tip: We rented through VRBO and the unit was in the Stirling house, it had a small ocean view balcony that was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple