Windsong Resort
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)
Great 4.5/5
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)
Kokomo Botanical Resort(Providenciales)
Sibonne Beach Hotel(Providenciales)
Very Good 4/5
1,650 results
All reviewsjojo's cafedrift spajerk nightsomewhere cafegrace baycoral reeffull kitchencontinental breakfastthe penthousegrocery storepaddle boardsbedroom ocean front suitesnorkel gearocean viewsliding glassparrot fishour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We've just returned from our 3rd stay at Windsong and it was truly wonderful once again.

We stayed in a stunning 1 bedroom with a patio overlooking the pool/beach. The rooms are all decorated in the Island Colonial style and well appointed with beautiful stone bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, and a washer/dryer. The Frette linens, Kitchen-Aide appliances, and lovely touches like trays of sea shells, tasteful artwork, and comfortable furniture really complete the full package of making this our home away from home.

As always, the staff here are what really sets the property apart from so many others on the island. Because Windsong is smaller (not a gigantic resort with hundreds of rooms) you receive truly personal attention. Everyone here goes over and above to make you comfortable and to be sure you have whatever you need or want. We count Nick and Alicia at JoJo's and Charles down at the Beach as true friends and always look forward to seeing their smiling faces when we return.

If you are looking for exciting nightlife or a singles scene at a jumbo resort, Windsong is not the place for you (although you are walking distance to the Gansevort). But if you are looking for quiet luxury in a beautiful setting with all of the comforts of home, then Windsong is the ONLY place you should consider when visiting Provo.

We look forward to returning again next year!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely - we started out 3 years ago in a studio with no view and still had an incredible experience. But, splurge for the ocean front suites as they really are special!
3  Thank su2320
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed from 2-4 through 2-11 and we are so glad we made Windsong our choice and disappointed we didn't stay longer. Having the choice to dine beach side, pool side or in the dining room was unique. The rooms ocean view was beyond our expectations with a wrap around glass slider. As every other review reads the hospitality, attentiveness to detail, snorkeling many magnificient reefs, bicycles to move about the island, glass bottom kayaks for viewing the ocean floor, and Hobie Cat to move about the waters were a few of the qualities of the resort. Windsong is the place to stay in Turks and Caicos!

1  Thank TravelQueenDerryNH
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We are just back from our 4th stay at the Windsong on TCI with our kids. Could have stayed another few weeks! It is everything a beach vacation should be - crystal clear calm water, white soft sand, immaculate pool, great beach service with Charles bringing ice water bottles regularly. Our kids (even our 4 year old) love snorkeling on the reef just off the beach. We saw turtles, lots of gorgeous tropical fish, and rays.
We stayed in the 2 bedroom on the first floor because we can go back and forth all day from the pool and beach with the kids and it has a great view from the big porch. The hotel is modern, spacious and clean. Nice people too.
For restaurants with the kids we love da Conch Shack, Tiki hut, Mango Reef. For a date night Coco Bistro is magnificent and great food. The French bakery next to Caicos Cafe (also a great restaurant) is a great afternoon activity. Sit in the garden with your rum and coconut eclair or perfect apple tart.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CabanaBeach
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We just returned from a three night stay at Windsong (Feb. 9 - 12). The first thing I would share with others considering the Windsong is that is not really a full service, 5-star hotel. It was very clean and the staff were extremely kind and helpful, but it just didn't have a hotel feel to it- it felt more like I was renting a private condo. I probably wouldn't have noticed this as much if I hadn't spent some time visiting my brother and his wife at Seven Stars (that place was awesome and had all the amenities and exceptional service that you'd expect from a 5-star resort; we wish we had stayed there). Little things like not being able to get a bottle of water at 10pm (the front desk person offered to fill up a bottle for me from his water cooler, but I had already thrown my bottle away). Yes, I know, you can drink the tap water, but I'm on vacation; I wanted to splurge. The restaurant had closed for the night so he said he had no access to it. Our room had a soap/shampoo dispenser on the shower wall but the products all felt like body soap (even the hair conditioner). Two days into the trip I discovered our friends in a different room didn't have that in the shower- they had nice bottles of stuff brought in by housekeeping every day. The curtains in our room were also an issue. It was bright as could be at 6:30am due to the extremely sheer curtains on all windows (I was nervous to change in the room at night if the lights were on for fear that you could see right through them). The elevator didn't work the first 24 hours we were there (fine for us, walking to the 4th floor is good exercise, but not sure what they would have done with someone unable to take the stairs). The beach of course was beautiful and the hotel is right on a reef so snorkeling was great (Seven Stars didn't have the best snorkeling). I also loved the free kayaks and bikes at Windsong, and Charles was great and always happy to bring us drinks, etc. And we never had any trouble getting chairs on the beach. The pool was nothing special- not sure why Fodor's raved about it- other hotels we visted had way cooler, and larger and more luxurious pools. We stayed in a studio which had a small window view of the ocean. I'm sure I would have been more impressed had I of reserved a penthouse. The hotel was not very full and we asked about being upgraded at check in but were told we'd have to pay for an upgrade (again, at Seven Stars, they were upgraded without even having to ask). Food at Jo Jo's was really, really good, especially the free breakfast (you can add on a side of eggs for just $3 and it's huge) and the grouper sandwich and grouper quesadilla. Service was really, really slow most of the times we dined there. I thought that was normal until we ate lunch at Seven Stars and, you guessed it, service was impeccable. Also, it seems like they only had one taxi driver they were willing to call so be sure to give plenty of notice if you need a ride. At Seven Stars, you can walk to a lot more places (like Cocca Bistro or the casino or a grocery store). It was really quiet and peaceful at night, which I liked, so a really good place for families. Overall, it was a fine place to stay as long as you're not looking for a full service, Four Seasons type place. It just felt like the staff were all still learning how to run a hotel. Oh the computer lab was a nice touch, being able to print boarding passes was helpful. I will definitely return to the island but I'll prob stay at Seven Stars next time. I like being able to walk to nearby shops and a grocery store. Windsong is more secluded, though you can walk on the beach to Mango Reef restaurant and Somewhere (tex mex restaurant) nearby.

Room Tip: Ocean front with a balcony is probably worth the splurge.
1  Thank cecea586
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had the oceanfront suite on the third floor. This place is like a palace. With marble floors everywhere, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and the sliding glass pocket doors, it was just incredible. And that was just the room. The rest of the resort is great too. The pool is beautiful, the ocean is breathtaking and wasn't crowded at all. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The food from Jo Jo's was great and breakfast by the ocean was really nice. I snorkeled for the first time by the coral reef and got some great underwater pictures and videos of the reef and fish. I couldn't hear any of the other guests in our room which made for quiet, restful nights on the very comfortable bed. We walked up and down the beach while we were there and compared Windsong with the other hotels. We are very happy with our choice. None of the other ones we saw seemed as nice. This was an intimate romantic getaway and it was perfect. If you're looking for more of a party place or a place that has lots of things for kids to do, you should look at Beaches Resort which was big and full of kids. If you're looking for a romantic spot or just a relaxing vacation in a beautiful resort, put Windsong on the top of your list.

Room Tip: Choose the Oceanfront suite. It's more expensive then the other front facing room but it's beautiful.
3  Thank Thomas F