“Retro Diner”

Ranked #43 of 165 Restaurants in Providenciales
Price range: USD 10 - USD 54
Cuisines: American, Diner, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Big Al's Island Grill is now open in Salt Mills Plaza. The restaurant made its grand opening in November, and offers a delicious variety of burgers and other entrees. The decor is that of a 50's diner, and will bring you down a trip through memory lane with its checkerboard design and red accents. Though the restaurant is the "new kid on the block," owner Doug Camozzi is not new to the restauranteur business. He is also the owner and manager of The Green Bean Cafe in Turtle Cove. Doug opened Big Al's Island Grill in honor of his father, a seasoned restauranteur himself, running successful businesses in San Francisco. On the Menu Big Al's offers quite a unique selection of burgers including their New Mexican Burger, the Sicilian Burger and the Smashed Onion. Fries are offered in shoestring, krinkle or waffle cut. Burgers are not the only meals you will find at Big Al's. Don't miss out on their wraps and salads, grilled chicken, fish or steak options. Gluten-free and vegetarian choices are available too. If you think you can take on a challenge, try the Slider Challenge at Big Al's. If you can finish the meal within 30 minutes, you get a free t-shirt. Be sure to stop by and visit Big Al's Island Grill if in the Grace Bay area.
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Great staff. Family friendly... great location. I enjoyed my catch of the day, the peas and rice was good also. Affordable spot on Grace Bay.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

With a 50s style type diner, both of our burgers were good. Juicy tender meat and decent selection. Items run about $14-25 but it’s not bad compared to some of the prices at other restaurants. Service was prompt and people friendly. Easy to find in the saltmills shopping area.

1  Thank Chase V
Reviewed 17 September 2018

My husband & I shared a jerk chicken panini here with crinkle fries. It was plenty of food for both of us. The fries were great! The panini was good. I wish we had split a burger though - I wanted to try one.

Service was good. We were able to get Wifi at our table, and it was our first afternoon on the island, so we were still looking at maps to get around. I'm glad we tried it once, but would probably not return.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Big Al’s twice this trip, yes the burgers are that good. It is situated off the road in Salt Mills and offers a cute fine motif. I had both the sliders and the burger on our visits and there is something about the seasoning that makes these burgers so tasty. My husband had the Italian Melt and enjoyed that as well. The service is good, both our waitresses were very nice. The place is very clean. Definitely a place to hit up when in Turks

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The staff was nice, but the food isn’t anything to brag about or return for. The burgers were bland but we were hungry. I read one review that mentioned they tasted like meatloaf.. and it was pretty darn close.

1  Thank mcastro07